• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X will have console exclusive guest characters

Silky

Banned
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...tal-kombat-x-story-mode-characters-and-guests

All's not lost if your favourite doesn't make the cut, however. Boon promised the roster would be expanded with DLC post-launch, as well as revealed that yes, console-specific exclusive fighters would again be back. But between now and launch, the focus is very much on creating new characters that fans can get behind. When I ask if this means we should expect these new players to be the one carrying the franchise forward, however, the answer pulls me up somewhat short.

OH BOY....(Ugh pls)

Babality if old.

EDIT: Kratos is deconfirmed.

RK128

Cool, so Kratos should be back for the PS3/PS4 versions :D. I wonder who the Microsoft character will be though....I think it might either be Marcus Phoenix or a KI character.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hmmm maybe Delsin from Infamous SS for PS4 version then? Unlike Joel he has a powerset that would make him fit in

fernoca

That was confirmed some time ago. Guest characters ala Freddy (since he was the top selling DLC, same as Scorpion was the top seller in Injustice) and console specific ala Kratos. Though he already said Kratos won't be in X...so we'll see. Maybe Radec or Joel on PS4.

So Kratos again and, maybe, some random Clicker (for some reason, I see Clickers being a better fit than Joel). For the Xbox, I doubt they'll let MC get decapitated, so maybe they'll put somebody from Gears in there.

bidguy

Banned
PS4: Nathan Drake
Xbone: Lara Croft
PC: Faris Jawad

wtf

8BCD928145814F6463DFD463BCDCC5C1443CC44C

Pudge

Am I the only dude who would go nuts for Marcus Fenix in here? I mean, I know it wouldn't be super conventional, but I think they could do it, and the chainsaw on the Lancer would make for some great Fatalities

RK128

So it won't be Kratos for PS Platforms? Then my guess would be either the Shadow of the Beast dude or Sweet Tooth. The former would make a nice tie in with the PS4 game while the latter would be great to see return :D.

Rivitur

Banned
Awww Yea! Xbox avatars.

This can't end well... What about the competitive play and one person is only good with ps4 character but at evo they only use x1?

(Don't just say learn someone else say that person has played other tournaments and has gotten first place with an account exclusive character what then?)

(My question from yesterday when the announcement was made.)

Kieli

Can't wait for people to be outraged than Nathan Drake isn't on Xbone or Master Chief isn't on PS Quadripple.

Am I the only dude who would go nuts for Marcus Fenix in here? I mean, I know it wouldn't be super conventional, but I think they could do it, and the chainsaw on the Lancer would make for some great Fatalities

Yeah I'd love Marcus. Just tired of Chief and Kratos being the go-to guy in each of these things.

Top Bottom