• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Why Baldur’s Gate III is an accidental PS5 console exclusive

damidu

I wonder how much they risk a lawsuit though given that missing features would conflict with their advertising of XSS.
what i wonder is there are already games that miss rt and/or performance modes on series s compared to x
are those not counted as game features?
wonder how parity is defined

Topher

Gold Member
what i wonder is there are already games that miss rt and/or performance modes on series s compared to x
are those not counted as game features?
wonder how parity is defined

Yeah, there are definitely graphical differences including lack of RT so I think graphical modes are not enforced on XSS, but actual gameplay features are. That's just me guessing though.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Does MS still have the negotiating power to demand a parity clause?
This isn't the xbox360 gen. PS5 has the higher ground.
I'm pretty sure those super strict ones from the 360 era were actually for XBLA.

And that's because MS was actually publishing games for indies to XBLA. So if you wanted them to handle your XBLA publishing, you couldn't release on PSN first.

I don't think they ever had that kind of power outside of XBLA.

But XBLA is one thing that gets lost on people as something MS really innovated. It wasn't just "horse armor DLC" they paved the way for, XBLA really is what blew up the indie dev industry.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
oh nice, we can expect warriors to change tune too shortly after this
New marching orders, sir!
salute-jerk.gif

NickFire

So the Bat signal has finally gone out. Thank god! Now most of the gaming press and "posters" on the internet can start repeating this. Hopefully this will apply pressure to MS. It'll be best for the industry if MS gets rid of their parity clause.
One of those rare instances where you can laugh at how ridiculous something sounds, and completely agree with it at the same time.

But don't dismiss the possibility someone got tipped off to pending policy changes so that someone else can say they take consumer feedback seriously and pretend to be the good guys.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
One of those rare instances where you can laugh at how ridiculous something sounds, and completely agree with it at the same time.

But don't dismiss the possibility someone got tipped off to pending policy changes so that someone else can say they take consumer feedback seriously and pretend to be the good guys.
You mean like that clearly scripted back and forth on twitter between Spencer and him about the strike system?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Hmmm......just like that report once said. This is someone tipping Xbox gamers off to "bad" news incoming. But cloaked in good news since it's to defend against big bad Playstation.

Top Bottom