• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 is GAME OF THE YEAR 2023!

Draugoth

Gold Member
OeKep5Z.jpg

The Xbox Series version of Baldur’s Gate III is also now available via Microsoft Store for $69.99, developer Larian Studios announced.

Baldur’s Gate III first launched in Early Access for PC via Steam and GOG on October 6, 2020, followed by a full launch for PC on August 3, 2023 and PlayStation 5 on September 6, 2023.

Last edited:

EDMIX

it wasn't a river, it was down by dat TSUNAMI!

I have no doubt that they'll sweep majority of other publications GOTY awards.

Much deserved and we should always praise, open, honest and transparent developers.

Last edited:

EDMIX

"The most important RPG of the last 10 years"

Congrats to Tod and phill for such an achievement. Well deserved.

Agreed.

Look at this game, RDR2, GTA VI. I feel a greater conversation needs to be had regarding how long it really takes to create a AAA title of great quality and how open developers should be about early access.

I felt this with BF2042's release, sure its doing better now and added so much more content, features and corrections, but like CP 2077, did customers need to go for that ride paying full price for something so incomplete and riddled with issues?

Please folks, I don't want any of you to get this idea that I love BG3 unconditionally, I love it with the condition that it released working, with amazing voice acting, great quality and solid design...IF it released in 2020 like some other...um.....early access in secrets type fucking SCAM GaaS type games, I probably would have had the same view on BG3. Gamers are not upset about a delay or issues, as much as they are upset about being lied to about it and paying full price under some belief the game is completed and done. Its not even JUST about respecting the players wallet, respect their fucking time. I can always make more money, i can never make more time.

So I fully understand its asking waaaaay too much to believe that BG3 should be a standard, they are cut above many like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Kojima, Insomniac etc, its crazy to ask anyone else to be to that level, BUT...hear me the fuck out, maybe a standard can be had with AAA titles regarding early access.

If its really, really taking you this long, just give players an option to join in on that feedback with the complete transparent understanding that they are not playing the FINAL thing, they are playing the alpha, beta, etc.

Gamers get input and get to play it early
The end product is better
Company gets tons of positive press and great sales upon release

This is a win, win, win.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At some point I'll get the game on Steam or GOG when it's cheap.

But a quick q's.

Is the game totally scripted? Or are some things randomized?

- Levels/maps
- Monster encounters
- Loot

Setzer

Still not even close to being as good as Baldur's Gate 2 but it was the best game this year and worthy of the award.

Sojiro

Grats to BG3, I would still have loved to see ToTK get it, but if it's going to get beat, this was the only game that could do it this year. At least the announcement of an announcement for the Xbox release turned into a "out now", I really hate the announcement of an announcement shit.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Marvelous win for Larian, in such a strong year they come and take GOTY like that.
They deserved it. Swen finally won something now he can rest easy.

It's hilarious how the game of the year was a playstation console exclusive because MS released the shitty underpowered Series S.
To be fair, there are many GOTY are playstation console exclusives, like TLOU 12, Uncharted 4,GOW....

Last edited:
Top Bottom