• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) will be at TGS

L~A

Just confirmed by Capcom. Visitors wil lget a special postcard set. Doesn't look like it'll be playable, though.

The TGS booth will consist of a theater room, with a big screen showing special footage, including game footage

And they're hinting at the possibility of one of those classic voiced TGS skit-like trailers for DGS

New information on the game to be revealed on September 11.

Source (via Court-Records)

FluxWaveZ

Really want to see gameplay footage from this. Because of what the series is, we've pretty much known what to expect of new games in terms of gameplay structure for a while now—with the new additions like Apollo's perception or Revisualization being the surprises to mix it up—but DGS might be very different from past iterations.

MrBadger

Oops, missed this when I made my thread.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see gameplay from this. I'm expecting one big self-contained story like Ghost Trick, which I feel was Takumi's best work.

XaosWolf

I will be the absolute maddest if they don't localise this.

New info will be good though. (Just in case it's inexplicably shit)

Lusankya

Unfortunately, we probably won't know before a loooooooooooooong time. Long enough for us to go mad with the anxiety. :(
They were pretty fast with AA5 and announced the localization I think directly after the TGS. I hope DD was enough of a success for Capcom in the West and we get a fast confirmation for this as well. :(

I'm still playing 2. They need to slow these down.

Usually a new AA game is released every two years, so they're not too fast in my opinion.

AA - 2001
AA2 - 2002
AA3 - 2004
AA4 - 2007
AAI1 - 2009
AAI2 - 2011
(PLvAA - 2012)
AA5 - 2013
DGS - Should be 2015

After that we probably don't have to wait two more years for AA6/AAI3, because two separate teams are currently working on Ace Attorney titles. So it'll probably be like with AA5 and PLvAA.

DMiz

Definitely looking forward to this.

I'm really excited at the potential for the new setting, given that Shu seemed to wrap up the 'justice system' plotline of the original games with Apollo, and what he'll use as the crux for a new trilogy(?) this time around.

injurai

Banned
shu takumi

cux1x3P.png

L~A

^

New series. Not AA6 (that Eshiro and his team are working on), and not a spin-off.

They were pretty fast with AA5 and announced the localization I think directly after the TGS. I hope DD was enough of a success for Capcom in the West and we get a fast confirmation for this as well. :(

Note quite, they confirmed AA5 localisation basically the day after the Famitsu leaks. This time around, still nothing...

And I'm surprised DGS doesn't seem to be playable. AA5 was playable at TGS, despite not being released until July 2013. Does that means DGS might not make it to 2015?...

Is Shu Takumi still involved in this one?

He was absent for a very long time (not counting the crossover) and his writting is top-notch.

I need adult maya, really.

L~A

^

We didn't get AAI2 because sales of AAI were, according to Svensson, not good at all. Of course, timing was bad, but I think there was no luck even without the transition.

Is Shu Takumi still involved in this one?

He was absent for a very long time (not counting the crossover) and his writting is top-notch.

I need adult maya, really.

Yup, this is his new project.

daydream

Banned
They probably won't. It's "just" a spin-off like AAI2 and it doesn't star an iconic character like Phoenix Wright.

That was not the reason we didn't get AAI2 (we did get AAI, after all).

I think chances aren't so bad that we are getting this. Unless the historical setting proves too be a hassle to localise (in Capcom's mind) or they weren't satisfied with AA5's sales. We'll see.

If they don't localise the first one, they are making the decision to not bring this whole spin-off series over ever, basically.

L~A

That was not the reason we didn't get AAI2 (we did get AAI, after all).

I think chances aren't so bad that we are getting this. Unless the historical setting proves too be a hassle to localise (in Capcom's mind) or they weren't satisfied with AA5's sales. We'll see.

If they don't localise the first one, they are making the decision to not bring this whole spin-off series over ever, basically.

Capcom was actually satisfied with the sales, both in Japan and in the West. Will it be enough to convince them to greenlight localisation for DGS?.... Who knows.

Dylstew

Neo Member
Yes, I need more Shu Takumi in my life.
Sorry Takeshi Yamazaki, you're just not the same(although I do have to say I hate Apollo Justice, and that was written by Shu Takumi, but Shu Takumi is still better).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm only halfway through AA3, and still I'm hyped for this :O

Nyoro SF

Just from the trailer alone this looks like it will be a pain to localize. I anticipate a 6 month wait time at the very least.

I'm hype for a new trailer though.

Tizoc

Unfortunately, we probably won't know before a loooooooooooooong time. Long enough for us to go mad with the anxiety. :(

AA5 got released within months of the Japanese release though right? There's always ways to go around localizing it, as the English ver. doesn't HAVE to be tied to the characters of the modern era.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd like to see them try to hamburger this one when it comes to the west. No, really, I would.

L~A

based SHU

no idea how the brilliant localization team is gonna handle this one though lol

I feel the localisation team has done a fantastic job with the series so far, and I have no doubt they'll do a fantastic localisation for this game (provided Capcom does greenlight such a localisation).

Top Bottom