• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smooth McGroove covers One Winged Angel (Acapella)

This guy is da shit, seriously, so is his crazy-ass beard. His cat also deserves special mention. Great work as per usual, though it lacks a bit of the oomph that made the original so great.

Manu

Holy shit. He's always great but he knocked it out of the park with this one.

Absolutely amazing.

Sophia

There's like 17 or 18 different versions of him in the video. I think that says how absurd this is from a technical level. o_o

Minions

Great cover! I love all of his covers and occasionally watch his live streams when it plays random games. Pretty cool dude.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Love the guy. This song in particular is one of his best work.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I guess we know why he hasn't put anything out in awhile, this probably took forever to do.

Einhander

Spectacular rendition. He honored it splendidly.

Oh, and the "solar system destroying" ability is funny. The fucking sun is like 20 feet away from the party, and they survive from that. JRPG logic is cute.

Someone slap me if I'm completely wrong, but didn't he post a video showing that what he does is basically sample his own voice and then plays them via a midi track?

So he's not actually singing each note like you'd expect from what you expect from a college or barbershop acapella group, and he's more or less 'lipsyncing' the sequenced tracks in the video.

Which hey, more power to him since it keeps his output pretty steady, but I think calling it acapella is very misleading.

jman2050

Someone slap me if I'm completely wrong, but didn't he post a video showing that what he does is basically sample his own voice and then plays them via a midi track?

So he's not actually singing each note like you'd expect from what you expect from a college or barbershop acapella group, and he's more or less 'lipsyncing' the sequenced tracks in the video.

Which hey, more power to him since it keeps his output pretty steady, but I think calling it acapella is very misleading.

I'm pretty sure that's only what some people think he does. I mean, that wouldn't even make sense, it'd be a million times more work to do all that than it is to just sing the parts and clean it up in post-production.

Nohar

If a TvTropes troper is reading me, I think it's high time to deify him and add him to the Music Pantheon.

Gosh, that was awesome.

sappyday

He just reached 1 mill subscribers. Well earned. Should have a lot more.

I still love his rendition of Ice Cap Zone and Issac Battle Theme more than the original.

jman2050

Call me a nagging nagger but god damn. The soft R's ruined it for me.

Don't feel bad, his Genesis videos still sound somewhat off to me because the FM synth style sound seems to be the one thing he has trouble adapting to an acapella style. But hey that's just me.

Sydle

Highly impressive. Makes me want to play FFVII again.

I stumbled across the guy on Twitch and thought he was a bit eccentric. I had no idea he did this kind of stuff. Will take a look at his other stuff.

Top Bottom