• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 new info

Apparently there's no online coop. It's offline only.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/272/G027234/20140902046/
http://biohazardfrance.net/index.php?article=le-mystere-de-resident-evil-revelations-2&id=98074
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ave-no-ties-to-first-game-offline-co-op-only/

4gamer recently sat down with three producers behind Resident Evil Revelations 2: Kawata, Okabe and Anpo. They discussed what players can expect from the game when its first episode hits sometime early next year.

First off, we have confirmation that the sequel will have no connection at all to the first Revelations, which is honestly somewhat disappointing to me, especially with how that game ended with its epilogue scene. The game will have players exploring various locations on the fortified island that’s been shown off.

Moira Burton, 20 years of age, is described as being unstable, making her and Claire’s team-up a little rocky at first. Moira won’t just be a secondary character, though, she’s actually going to figure largely into the game’s story. And I’m still betting on her Daddy getting his own playable scenario as a bonus mode!

The producers then move on to talk about some of the mechanics. It will be possible to switch between characters when playing single player. And while co-op will be available in the game, it will only be offline, which may come as a surprise.

Concerning the game’s slogan “evil is watching”, the producers reveal that there’s a third person (as expected) monitoring Claire and Moira using cameras set up all around the island. We will also be getting a more traditional horror experience with this game, where the focus isn’t on shooting all the time. Players will even start the game without any weapons at all. And speaking about the game’s new Afflicted enemies, the producers state that more information on them will be coming soon.

hSjEK6V.jpg

trBevHT.jpg

jMLU8F1.jpg

8P4XoEA.jpg

sQrDiUl.jpg

2TWDQ4n.jpg

JjK87hw.jpg

bu6ix73.jpg

t5hUIDf.jpg

Alienous

CO-OP is only offline?

Well, that's one way to confirm split-screen. How is the (supposed?) PS Vita version going to do CO-OP?

Ryuukan

Concerning the game’s slogan “evil is watching”, the producers reveal that there’s a third person (as expected) monitoring Claire and Moira using cameras set up all around the island.

Sounds like Danganronpa

DVCY201

No online co-op? Uh, weird but okay. I only play these locally anyways, it's funner when you get to yell at friends directly when they screw up.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Cool, gets better and better sounding the more info they release.

Feels nice to be a little excited about a RE game again

Capcom pulling a Nintendo?

Seriously though, this is silly. Im not the biggest fan of RE online Co-op, but at least give players the option. Hopefully, this doesn't sway some potential buyers. Im hoping this game blows all of Capcom's unrealistic expectations out of the water, since its survival horror.

Last thing we need is Revelations 3 to feature Chris Redfield with duel wielding gatling guns and rocket launchers, fighting waves of lickers with sniper rifles, cod camoflage and more.

bobawesome

If you ask me that's the one thing that I want to see dropped.
Or vastly improved.

I actually thought it was the only redeeming quality of the first game outside of the way it looked. I didn't care for the campaign in the slightest. There wasn't a whole lot to Raid Mode, sure, but I liked what they were going for.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No online coop lol

At least try to pretend this didn't start as a 3DS game.

Morts

Why is it called Revelations 2 if it has no connection to the first?

No online isn't a deal breaker. I guess I'll be buying a second PS4 controller.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The lack of online coop spells that this is technically a single player game unless you have a friend or sibling to play locally. More intimate experience could contribute to the overall idea they're trying to present.

This is really looking good. I'm excited for more to be revealed.

Astral Dog

I hope the story isnt the garbage that was in Revelations,not that RE5 and 6 were much better,but RE4 at least was entertaining and had personality damnit!

Ehem,surprising it doesnt have any relation with the first game, whats the point in calling it REV 2 then? Why the series always introduces new antagonists to drop them off?

fart town usa

Gold Member
I like that picture of the afflicted surrounding claire and moira.

Reminds me of the zombies from 'return of the living dead.'

Also, soooooooo glad that it has no connection to Revelaitons. Pointless characters, convoluted story, blah, blah, blah.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
It will be possible to switch between characters when playing single player.

This sounds promising. The thing that I hated about RE5 was forced the forced AI companion in the single-player. Without that RE5 might have been an enjoyable follow up to 4 for me. Of course it doesn't really make clear whether the character that you're not playing currently becomes AI controlled or just disappears, but if Moira's primary gameplay mechanic is using the flashlight then they could probably make an AI companion that largely stays out of your way, doesn't waste ammo, etc. If the AI companion is as unobtrusive as Ashley in RE4 then that's okay by me.

Neff

Keys alone aren't enough to get me excited but they're a good start.

I hope the story isnt the garbage that was in Revelations,not that RE5 and 6 were much better,but RE4 at least was entertaining and had personality damnit!

Ehem,surprising it doesnt have any relation with the first game, whats the point in calling it REV 2 then? Why the series always introduces new antagonists to drop them off?

To their credit, the other RE games have overwrought soap opera drama and entertainingly overplayed delivery. Revelations had none of that. Its story just didn't know how to have fun.

Really hope Dai Satō isn't writing this one too.

Everything about Moira really creeps me out. Claire looks decent but man... they dropped the ball with Moira. He face and her clothes.... both suck bad.

BadWolf

This sounds promising. The thing that I hated about RE5 was forced the forced AI companion in the single-player. Without that RE5 might have been an enjoyable follow up to 4 for me. Of course it doesn't really make clear whether the character that you're not playing currently becomes AI controlled or just disappears, but if Moira's primary gameplay mechanic is using the flashlight then they could probably make an AI companion that largely stays out of your way, doesn't waste ammo, etc. If the AI companion is as unobtrusive as Ashley in RE4 then that's okay by me.

They handled partner AI really well in RE6.

- Very capable at kicking ass even or higher difficulties
- Can be commanded to go after specific enemies
- Unlimited ammo
- Invincible
- Don't fail QTEs

While it may not be *exactly* why, but I've always felt it's sort of a way of showing that the threat of bio terrorism isn't just Leon and Chris's fight, it's everyone's. It brings in everyone, including the non-heroes.

EDIT:

If the AI companion is as unobtrusive as Ashley in RE4 then that's okay by me.

as unobtrusive as Ashley

The day has come.

For the record I rather enjoyed Ashley but hooboy, the internet at large sure didn't.

Top Bottom