• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Goldbergs S2 |OT| Everything's Coming up BARRY! Wednesdays 8:30/7:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Goldbergs Season 2!
Synopsis
The Goldbergs is set in the late 1980s in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, and is loosely based on the showrunner's own childhood, during which he videotaped events, many of which are re-enacted throughout the program.
Cast
tumblr_nbpgaer29f1s3y9slo1_1280.jpg
Jeff Garlin as Murray Goldberg
Wendi McLendon-Covey as Beverly Goldberg
George Segal as Albert "Pops" Solomon
Troy Gentile as Barry Goldberg
Hayley Orrantia as Erica Goldberg
Sean Giambrone as Adam Goldberg
Patton Oswalt as adult Adam Goldberg (VO)

Media
Season 2 Promo

Premieres Wednesday September 24th, 2014 at 8:30/7:30c on ABC.

maxcriden

Bwahaha I have a family photo not too dissimilar from this from the early 90's. Thanks for using my thread title. Great OP, can't wait for the new eps!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YES! One of my favorite shows. Can't wait for its return.

Jarrod38

When the show first announced I thought it wouldn't last more than a few episodes but after watching the first episode it became my favorite new show. Barry is the best character on the show.

Love the show. Once I realized it wasn't a family stuck in the 80s in modern day like I assumed it was I gave it try and laughed a ton.

Palmer_v1

One of my favorite shows last season. Now I just need B99 to come back strong as well.

Also, I'm mildly annoyed the OP doesn't list the cast in the same order they're straddling the branch.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
honestly, beat out Modern Family and (just barely) Brooklyn 99 as my favorite network comedy of last season. Can't wait for next week!

Barry is the best character on the show.

easily. breakout character for sure.. with that being said, the ensemble cast is crazy strong. but yeah, barry followed by beverly's depths are wonderfully portrayed. show is truly exceptional. So happy it did well for ABC last year.

One of my favorite shows last season. Now I just need B99 to come back strong as well.

Also, I'm mildly annoyed the OP doesn't list the cast in the same order they're straddling the branch.
Fixed.
Barry really is the best character on that show although Beverly and Murray aren't far behind.

Zombine

Banned
Everyone I know who gave this show a chance loved it. It's one of the best shows on TV and in my opinion, I ended up looking forward to this more than Agents of Shield last year.

Pluto

It's a great show, I'm so glad it did well last year.

My favorite character is Beverly, Barry is awesome too but there's just something about Beverly, even in scenes where she should be grating she's still hilarious.

My biggest surprise hit of last year. I loved the idea of the premise from the previews, but was worried it wouldn't be something that lasted. Upon seeing the show, I got EXTREMELY terrified it would get cancelled because it was so good. Thankfully I'm not the only one who thought so. This is definitely my most anticipated returning show this fall.

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 2: episode 1 "Love Is a Mixtape"

Adam takes the next step in his blossoming relationship with Dana by creating a mix tape for her, but the tape falls into Beverly's hands instead. Elsewhere, Barry gets caught with a fake ID.

jey_16

Banned
I caught up with this over the last few months and loved it...so many great moments, this and Brooklyn 9-9 are my favourite comedies right now

Asbel

This became my favorite show last season. Beverly is somewhat like my mom which makes me cringe and laugh like crazy at the same time.

When she played that mixtape in the car. LOL HOLYSHIT!

This became my favorite show last season. Beverly is somewhat like my mom which makes me cringe and laugh like crazy at the same time.

When she played that mixtape in the car. LOL HOLYSHIT!

other than him giving dana a mix tape in real life. i would die if my mom ever did that to me. LOL

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Pretty good premiere.

I only saw the S1 finale, but I liked it enough to join in for S2. The 80s setting reminds me of Surviving Jack, which I liked a lot (and lasted about five episodes on FOX).

Asbel

The last scene with bev and pops lol

I was really surprised that her butting in helped Adam. I was expecting another disaster along the lines of the Halloween party and her calling Barry delicious.

Also, props to Patton Oswalt for being a great voice over.

VanWinkle

That season premiere was great. Man I love this show.

Also, it's a massive shame the first season isn't on Hulu Plus or Netflix or Amazon Prime Instant Video. :( I've watched it all but I want to rewatch it.

New episode tonight

Mama Drama
Adam does not get the part he wanted in the school musical, leading Beverly to cast him in a rival show; Murray insists on leaving sporting events early to avoid traffic.

I finally got caught up a couple days ago, yay for now getting to watch new episodes, only one I watched out of order (as if the order really matters) was the Ultimate Warrior tribute/wrestling episode.

Pluto

It was a great episode and I totally get Murray hating traffic, especially after events where everyone wants to leave the parking lot at the same time, it's just in my family's case my sister and I were the ones swearing and screaming while our parents were zen "We'll get home when we get home!".

Beverly continues to be the best character, the scene in the principals office was awesome and I loved how she made Erica the female lead.

Adam F. Goldberg via Twitter said:
People are wondering if Beverly Goldberg got the school to put on a rival play. THIS IS 100% TRUE, PEOPLE. No joke.

lol. i wonder how much the othr stuff from other episodes are real. BEV #bows.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
What a great episode. This and Brooklyn Nine Nine are the only current comedy shows that I like and which make me laugh.
Laughed out loud at a lot of scenes in the episode. Great going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom