• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S4 |OT| The Queen Never Bothered Me Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
iwTuermOp29ul.png

CAST:
iVGrjsdrlqQqI.png

POSTERS:

idcJMqZ8Drv9i.png
ibuVKVnUHpUSwT.png
ibmW1Eo7RDCqHQ.png

zeemumu

You used my OT title suggestion!

Rumpelstiltskin-Excited-On-Once-Upon-a-Time-Gif.gif

I'm wondering how much of this season is going to be Frozen-based though because it seems like the backstory is expanding on it's own. I expect Elsa (and maybe Anna) to have their own backstory and character arc, but I think it'll be contained in this season, and in the following seasons she'll either work her way into secondary character status or go back to the past. Unless she becomes a villain in the vein of the original storyboard work for Frozen.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Can't wait for the premiere of Season 4 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJdenfD4sQ

Love Queen Regina, best character/actress on the show, but a bit nervous @ the 45s mark "she needs to be removed".......... I don't want her going back to being full evil. Maybe flirt with her bad side a bit though, love bad-ass Regina <3

Sober

OUAT Wonderland picked up halfway through but it's certainly a different genre/flavour of show despite the similar format. I really liked it but I'm also glad it only lasted the 13 episodes.

YES! cant wait, just finished season 3.

]OUAT Wonderland picked up halfway through[/B] but it's certainly a different genre/flavour of show despite the similar format. I really liked it but I'm also glad it only lasted the 13 episodes.
guess ill give i another chance.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Death of Henry please

Ugh, right?!

They had the PERFECT chance to either get rid of him or change the actor playing him last season when
he body-swapped with Peter Pan. They could have left his character in Pan's actor's body who was just way better in every way
I actually thought that's the road they would go down *sigh*

I know he's just a kid so I cut him some slack, but he's quite a bit older since the show started and his "acting" hasn't improved one bit (it may have actually gotten worse). He's the one stain on an otherwise flawless cast

He's gotten worse, absolutely gotten worse.

Can't agree more. He was adorable and fairly competent during season 1. All of a sudden, the kid is so wooden and his delivery of every line is so unconvincing that it makes me wonder if he's just trying to get out of the show.

Luckily he is such a backseat character at this point, it doesn't really matter anymore. The writers clearly have lost faith in his character.

First time in history an animated protagonist crosses over into a live action series and that too on the antagonist side? Will watch for any potential ice based puns...
So Frozen turned out to be a real behemoth. Though I wonder if they will ever toy with lesser known fairy tale characters

Think I might rewatch the series on Netflix over the weekend, or at least see how far I can make it.

Though I wonder if they will ever toy with lesser known fairy tale characters
They made big Fairy Tale movies with a Chinese legend, a historical Native American, and whatever Hunchback was.
They are just being careful lately because other than Lilo and Stitch Disney animation was dead for years.

If you mean OUAT we have Rumple and they have covered loads of other lower end stuff(Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, Robin Hood, Pinocchio).

zeemumu

I bailed early on during the Peter Pan storyline. Is it safe to jump back in?

The Wicked Witch story arc kind of redeems it. Greg and Tamara were hilarious in how much they were built up, and how Tamara could murder any magical character with a taser.

The Wicked Witch story arc kind of redeems it. Greg and Tamara were hilarious in how much they were built up, and how Tamara could murder any magical character with a taser.

That just made me laugh. Those two characters were worthless. Another reason Season 2 was such garbo.

Pluto

I bailed early on during the Peter Pan storyline. Is it safe to jump back in?
Give season 3 another chance, the Pan story was okay once they stopped walking in circles on the tiny jungle set and the arc's finale would have made an awesome series finale, I admit I cried a little bit when
everyone said goodbye and the fairy tale characters returned to the Enchanted Forest, leaving Emma and Henry behind.
Season 3B was really solid, definitely worth watching.

mreddie

I get the feeling the Elsa stuff is just half a season and then it's another baddie. Unless I'm wrong. Still think it's too early but I guess strike while the ice is cold.

zeemumu

I get the feeling the Elsa stuff is just half a season and then it's another baddie. Unless I'm wrong. Still think it's too early but I guess strike while the ice is cold.

Maleficent is supposed to return so it might be her, unless she's only returning in flashback format. I think the Elsa story arc will be a relatively short one, but might provide the boost in viewership that the show needs to keep going since they lost so many people around the time of the Peter Pan arc. I feel like the real story will be going on with Regina, Robin, and Marion.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Am I the only one that enjoyed the Peter Pan arc? It gave us more memorable moments like Mulan's lesbianism, Ariel, that Fall finale, Henry dying for a moment, plus a lot of Rumpel
the only things that I can get from 3B is Neal's death and I guess Regina getting her ass kicked dozens of times

New posters:

Sober

I liked all of season 3, actually, felt a lot better than season 2 in every way. Buncha haters.

Excited to see it. Georgina Haig almost seems perfectly cast right there.

enigmatic_alex44

Am I the only one that enjoyed the Peter Pan arc? It gave us more memorable moments like Mulan's lesbianism, Ariel, that Fall finale, Henry dying for a moment, plus a lot of Rumpel

Absolutely not, I loved the Peter Pan arc for all the reasons you mentioned plus the twist as to who Peter Pan really is was great
Rumpel's immature father who never wanted a child or any real responsibilites and wanted to be young forever.

I also really enjoyed the Wicked Witch as a villain, imo Season 3 was the best yet (followed very closely by Season 1, and Season 2 was a bit of a mess after the Cora arc finished)

Lebron

Ugh, right?!

They had the PERFECT chance to either get rid of him or change the actor playing him last season when
he body-swapped with Peter Pan. They could have left his character in Pan's actor's body who was just way better in every way
I actually thought that's the road they would go down *sigh*

I know he's just a kid so I cut him some slack, but he's quite a bit older since the show started and his "acting" hasn't improved one bit (it may have actually gotten worse). He's the one stain on an otherwise flawless cast
Exactly. I was hoping that plot point would lead to them getting rid of him or recasting somehow.

I know the show is meant to be cheesy, but at least most of the other actors actually try and make the best of it. When you have Lana and Robert laying the business down and then see that little fuck come in and ruin a scene like it's his job, rage. How did he get on the show? He's always been awful. Always. Have you seen when he tries to get emotional? Sweet tip fucking christ.

enigmatic_alex44

If they are bringing back Maleficent, I REALLY hope they've got a better design planned for her. Her appearance in season 1 was a low budget disaster:

90094ee6141446e1c6f0ea5e99cb3583.jpg

I also hope they bring back Sebastian Stan as the Mad Hatter for an appearance, loved him early on:

SebastianStanHatter.jpg

Exactly. I was hoping that plot point would lead to them getting rid of him or recasting somehow.

I know the show is meant to be cheesy, but at least most of the other actors actually try and make the best of it. When you have Lana and Robert laying the business down and then see that little fuck come in and ruin a scene like it's his job, rage. How did he get on the show? He's always been awful. Always. Have you seen when he tries to get emotional? Sweet tip fucking christ.

SCREAMING!

crying.gif

Henry really DOES bring down every scene he's in :/

tumblr_mj44289eQ71qgy1iqo2_r1_500.gif

mreddie

Maleficent is supposed to return so it might be her, unless she's only returning in flashback format. I think the Elsa story arc will be a relatively short one, but might provide the boost in viewership that the show needs to keep going since they lost so many people around the time of the Peter Pan arc. I feel like the real story will be going on with Regina, Robin, and Marion.

I heard a lot of S1 people are coming back and it's about time.

Sober

Yeah, pretty much everything that happens in Frozen is canon and what they do with them after that is their version of fairytale canon, which is I guess a little different from how they did everyone else's fairytales for the most part (when is Mulan getting some love?)

Sober

Yes, just like every other explored property.
In all fairness some of the properties they used for the main characters are pretty far off from their Disney versions, I think Frozen is right now the only really big one where they aren't doing their own origin story for and just sticking with the movie one.

I doubt Disney would allow them to mess with it too much even if they wanted to which they wouldn't since that would probably turn off a lot of those tuning in for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom