• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S4 |OT| The Queen Never Bothered Me Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblues

Banned
I loved the Peter Pan arc.

I think the people that hate it have only ever experienced the Disney version. The UOAT version of Pan is actually very true to the source material (there's a first for Disney). Pan's a fucking sociopath in the books.

Not sure about S4 because I think I'm the last person who hasn't seen Frozen, and I've gone this long without ever having heard the song "Let It Go" and I kinda wanna keep it that way.

I hope they make Elsa a lesbian and don't tip-toe around it. Straight-up show her french-kissing another woman.

I think the people that hate it have only ever experienced the Disney version. The UOAT version of Pan is actually very true to the source material (there's a first for Disney). Pan's a fucking sociopath in the books.

People hate that story arc because it was 8 episodes of the characters walking around the same tiny jungle set and watching Henry sing kumbaya like a fucking idiot. With every episode, I could just picture the producers ordering the writers to stretch that story for as long as they could lest they go over budget.

ItIsOkBro

Not sure about S4 because I think I'm the last person who hasn't seen Frozen, and I've gone this long without ever having heard the song "Let It Go" and I kinda wanna keep it that way.

I hated it because Peter Pan talked and talked and nothing happened.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I hope they make Elsa a lesbian and don't tip-toe around it. Straight-up show her french-kissing another woman.

Hmm, I never got those vibes from Frozen (I mean by your tip-toe comment, unless there's something about the Frozen script I'm not aware of).

But if they made Elsa a lesbian, they could pair her with Mulan! I love that they went that route with Mulan, but hate that 2 seconds later she literally just walked off into the sunset, never to be heard from again :/

Hmm, I never got those vibes from Frozen (I mean by your tip-toe comment, unless there's something about the Frozen script I'm not aware of).

No no, I'm talking about ABC potentially tip-toeing around homosexuality with Elsa just as they did with Mulan, as you perceptively noted. Disney wants to attract the widest audience possible, so they hint at homosexuality to satisfy the liberals while at the same time avoiding alienating the conservative audience.

That does not satisfy me because fuck conservatives. They need to show Elsa shoving her tongue as deep as possible into another woman.

zeemumu

I hope they do what they did in the movie and give her no romantic attachments at all and focus on her struggling to deal with herself. Four love subplots is too much.

It's a shame Auora's character has been pushed aside for nothing but a cardboard standout for ensemble seems. She seemed like she would be the focus lf a big subplot....

DedValve

Banned
Oh this is tonight? Awww yeah, despite its flaws I love me some Once upon a time.

Also anyone got a gif of henry being held by the wicked witch at knife point?

I loved all of the wicked witch storyline but man, that scene was just....spanish telenovela ranks of terrible.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BypWe2iIMAAw6bm.jpg

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
i fucking knew it, the moment i saw what looked like a starry bucket of water

:D

the fact that I missed the reference and tried to connect it to Frozen instead, RIP

The Sorcerer's Hat
was a nice surprise and I'm guessing he wrote the book

iosefe

the fact that I missed the reference and tried to connect it to Frozen instead, RIP

The Sorcerer's Hat
was a nice surprise and I'm guessing he wrote the book

i guess it would fit the character since
yensid is known to have had a giant mystical book, and is backwards named after Walt, the creator,
so yeah

Lebron

I didn't care for Anna or Kristof.
Seems they spent all the budget on Pabbie for this episode. The snow giant was laughable

Also, despite being in this ep for all but 3 mins, Henry was still shit.

_Ryo_

Wait. I read this show was canceled after season 3. It's a really corny show but I liked it a bit. It was fun. Is it not canceled?

I was surprised at all the CGI on this episode (good or bad). Also I'm not really digging the whole Regina plot. Going back in time was a really stupid idea, I'm glad she already dropped it.

Anna is perfect though.

Oh man that cheese factor... The snow giant looked like they got the assets from Disney's animation division and did little to properly translate it into a "real world" setting, same with the troll, so cartoony. Too bad they didn't get a higher budget for this stuff.

And I guess Emma got her magic back with Zelena being killed, didn't need to explain it but it probably would've been nice. I wonder how they'll do Walt or if they'll just use Yen Sid since you know, Disney is long dead unless they go unfreeze and reanimate (heh) him, I see where they're going with that since so many of the fairy tales were given "Disney endings".

Now I'm really glad I got to in Wonderland & Frozen because they were both good. In Wonderland made me appreciate the 2 storyline a season format and Frozen is just a great musical.

In actual news...
THE SORCERER'S HAT!!
1 episode in and the goods are being delivered everywhere! I wouldn't be surprised if we see Keyblades next season.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The premiere was GREAT! :)

Loved:
-Everything to do with Regina (though I forget, why exactly was the man in the mirror locked up?). Love how my badass queen took out the snow giant in one quick shot as everyone else struggled. Regina got tossed around way too easily last season, nice to see her powerful again

-The Rumple/Belle dance scene and his scene at the grave both hit me, very emotional

- the hat! For a second I thought Fantasia but I thought....no....no way they're bringing Mickey Mouse into the mix?!?!

- Elsa! PERFECT casting right there <3

Disliked:
- only one thing: the CGI. The backgrounds are usually fine and spells look cool but they should steer clear of CG characters. Both the little rock person and ice troll were....not very convincing. But that's always been a weakness of Once that I overlook

B-Dex

The low budget green screen crappy cg effects ruin this show.

Why do Anna and Elsa wear such sloven drab attire?

Hook and Charming can get it anytime tho.

Also I legit laughed finding out belle married rumplestiltskin.

enigmatic_alex44

oh no, I hope they steer clear of Olaf, that would be too goofy even for this show

I do hope they don't just sweep it under the rug and actually explain how Elsa ended up as blue goo in a jar in Rumple's dark vault (?!)

BokehKing

Banned

Nah bro, it took me 6 months to finally watch it, very good flick, you should check it out

I don't like how they're assuming that the viewer has seen Frozen.

Like, with the other fairy tales, you get more out of it if you're familiar with the source material, but you don't have to have seen the Disney movie. The stories and characters on the show still make sense if you haven't seen them.

But with Frozen, they're literally just saying, "Yeah, so Frozen happened, and here's Anna and Elsa doing shit after the movie." The characters of Anna and Elsa probably make no sense to people who haven't seen the movie.

I was hoping they'd retell Frozen with the typical OUaT twist, but it seems like that might not be the case.

Movie made over a billion world wide and sold a shitload on DVD/BD/DD/Streaming/Whatever post theater options there are, I'm sure they just assumed everyone has seen it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Movie made over a billion world wide and sold a shitload on DVD/BD/DD/Streaming/Whatever post theater options there are, I'm sure they just assumed everyone has seen it.
And hope those who haven't seen it would be pushed to by the show.

I finally watched the movie last week just to see how the story will fit into the show.

And TBH, I didn't find anything special about Frozen. Come @ me, bitches.

iosefe

So Anna was in the forest when the curse happened?

popular theory on tumblr is that she is
mom/grandma/maybe further? of Belle. the logic being she gets stuck there, which seems to be the case.
not sure i can't get behind it though

Sober

I don't like how they're assuming that the viewer has seen Frozen.

Like, with the other fairy tales, you get more out of it if you're familiar with the source material, but you don't have to have seen the Disney movie. The stories and characters on the show still make sense if you haven't seen them.

But with Frozen, they're literally just saying, "Yeah, so Frozen happened, and here's Anna and Elsa doing shit after the movie." The characters of Anna and Elsa probably make no sense to people who haven't seen the movie.

I was hoping they'd retell Frozen with the typical OUaT twist, but it seems like that might not be the case.
I felt like it was far removed enough from the actual parts of the movie that it was fine. We're just seeing the OUAT version of the characters after the movie.

Well it's pretty obvious Anna is in Storybrooke, but more curious about how Elsa got stuck in Rumple's secret vault.

ALM5252

I don't really watch this show at all, and I only really saw the first season with my girlfriend, and caught the occasional episode with her if I wanted to watch with her.

This episode was okay, but my biggest gripe was how much was "physically" lifted from Frozen. Like, they look just like them, the Troll was the same model, the Big Snow Monster, etc. I remember that the characters had a different look to them compared to the Disney counterpart.

Anyways, it was a great episode, and my girlfriend really liked it, but I didn't like the whole looking like the animated characters and CGI models from the movie. Ehh. Maybe I'm just nitpicking for no reason. Just wanted to see more creativeness / different designs to match the show. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom