• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Once Upon A Time S4 |OT| The Queen Never Bothered Me Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Wow, the actress playing Anna is perfect. And, even though I hate to admit it because I hated them in Frozen, the designs on the trolls were pretty good too.

And I'm glad that they cleared up what happened to Sydney. They haven't even referenced him since the last time she visited her secret insane asylum. I'm pretty sure he's going to end up double-crossing her. There's no way he got locked up in that asylum for years then got out with somehow even MORE loyalty to Regina than he had when she put him there.

And if Regina's going after the people who wrote the fairy tales, does that mean that she's going after the Brother's Grimm? Disney's animation team? Hans Christian Anderson?

Do you guys think that we'll ever see Hercules or Pocahontas show up?

And somehow Rumple knows Yen Sid, so their honeymoon house might actually be Yen Sid's house.

My guess right now is that Anna and Elsa's parents were either looking for a tutor to train Elsa to control her magical abilities since she was born with them. Maybe she was meant to be an apprentice. A sorcerer's apprentice. The only thing I haven't figured out is why Rumple would need to get rid of Anna. He probably put Elsa in the jar to get her out of the way because she was too powerful and had been tracking her sister (maybe that's why she was in the vault) but why Anna. This show likes to put an emphasis on people's hearts. Maybe he wanted to learn about Elsa's freezing abilities and needed to use Anna as bait.

As out of left field as it would be, Kingdom Hearts would fit so well into this show.

Georgina Haig looks kinda hot (I can't think of a decent pun) as Elsa, in a graceful lady-like fashion. Also, the spinning galaxy effect on that magical hat looked nice.

No no, I'm talking about ABC potentially tip-toeing around homosexuality with Elsa just as they did with Mulan, as you perceptively noted. Disney wants to attract the widest audience possible, so they hint at homosexuality to satisfy the liberals while at the same time avoiding alienating the conservative audience.

That does not satisfy me because fuck conservatives. They need to show Elsa shoving her tongue as deep as possible into another woman.

Depictions of homosexuality satisfies liberals? Okay...

oh no, I hope they steer clear of Olaf, that would be too goofy even for this show

I do hope they don't just sweep it under the rug and actually explain how Elsa ended up as blue goo in a jar in Rumple's dark vault (?!)

She follows Anna, [insert story] and ends up as one of Rumple's victims?

Can i just skip the whole of season 3 and straight into 4?
watch the back half or 3 at least, it was actually good.
The S3 final being the best this show has ever been imo.

Why do Anna and Elsa wear such sloven drab attire?
Elsa_from_Disney%27s_Frozen.png
Anna_Frozen.png
?

Mon dieu! They did topped themselves again. Anna and Elsa were just spot on. Such bright eyed enthusiasm from Anna's actress, channeling a young Alexis Bledel, but making it her own. Such grace from Elsa's actress while maintaining a slight sense of regal arrogance that only Anna can live up to. Even though it is a tacked on super subplot, it has already been carefully crafted into the already stout mythology.

Sober

Anna was fine for the most part but she could use a bit more practice if she is gonna do the "something something ... actually never mind ... but anyway"s. Like a few times it doesn't really feel natural to me and feels more like she's in a hurry to finish her lines.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Go figure. Once Upon a Time‘s decision to incorporate the buzziest Disney characters in a great while paid off in the ratings on Sunday night, as the Season 4 premiere – drawing 9.4 million total viewers and a 3.4 demo rating — surged 11 and 31 percent versus last year’s opener.

That marks Once‘s best numbers since Nov. 4, 2012 (Season 2’s “Tallahassee” episode).

http://tvline.com/2014/09/29/once-upon-a-time-season-4-premiere-ratings/

Nice

Forsythia

I feel so dumb I never got the Disney connection until this season. I mean, Disney sure as hell didn't invent all these fairytales, right?

zeemumu

I feel so dumb I never got the Disney connection until this season. I mean, Disney sure as hell didn't invent all these fairytales, right?

Disney owns ABC, which is why this show can gain access to all of their stuff. Yeah the original stories are public domain, but these are clearly modeled after the Disney versions of these fairy tales. They actually have some of the costumes from the show on display in California Adventure. It got less subtle when they threw in Mulan, and now it's really obvious with the Beauty and the Beast song and Yen Sid's hat and Frozen.

Also, is that an Alice: Madness Returns avatar? If it is then that's awesome.

KHlover

Banned
Disney owns ABC, which is why this show can gain access to all of their stuff. Yeah the original stories are public domain, but these are clearly modeled after the Disney versions of these fairy tales. They actually have some of the costumes from the show on display in California Adventure. It got less subtle when they threw in Mulan, and now it's really obvious with the Beauty and the Beast song and Yen Sid's hat and Frozen.

That is without a doubt Alice Liddell in his avatar

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
So how long does Grumpy have before he dies of hypothermia?

mm04

Totally fell in love with Georgina Haig when she was Etta on Fringe. Good to see her back on a show I watch.

Pluto

Disney owns ABC, which is why this show can gain access to all of their stuff.
90% of the show could be done without the Disney connection, most of the characters and stories are in the publoc domain, Disney doesn't own fairy tales that have been told for humdreds of years.

zeemumu

90% of the show could be done without the Disney connection, most of the characters and stories are in the public domain, Disney doesn't own fairy tales that have been told for hundreds of years.

I know they could, but they can use parts of those fairy tales that aren't in the public domain, like the Beauty and the Beast song. Even though it's not on the Disney channel, it's essentially a Disney-spawned show.

Isn't that Elsa's vase?

And if Regina's going after the people who wrote the fairy tales, does that mean that she's going after the Brother's Grimm? Disney's animation team? Hans Christian Anderson?

Probably Yen Sid which ties in with Gold having his hat and they're going probably to use him in place of Walt Disney.

I think Malificent was the big clue really. Even if she looked like a mid 80s drag queen... ick. Hopefully her
apparent ressurection later on this season allows her to look a little more like fucking Malificent

I feel like Regina is going to go after the Brothers Grimm as another poster mentioned, it was the first thing I thought of when she revealed her plan.

Nice to Sydney back, I had been missing his character. Anna and Elsa are great but Anna is toeing the line between wide-eyed innocence and complete moron.

CG effects were great, they pumped a lot into the premeire. I hope it continues going forward.

I still hate Henry. Any line he has kills a scene. Send him off to Hogwarts or some shit.

Where the fuck is Olaf? My favorite character is MIA and I don't like it.

I feel like Regina is going to go after the Brothers Grimm as another poster mentioned, it was the first thing I thought of when she revealed her plan.

That wouldn't make sense though with them being real people who have been dead for 150 years. Yen Sid makes more sense especially with Gold having Yen Sid's hat. And the book possesses the power of the uhh "Disney ending". I guess I could maybe see Regina first learning about the Brothers Grimm but unless they're going to use time travel again that's going to be a dead end.

I find it odd that after all this time none of the characters know they're fairy tales in the "real world" apparently aside from Emma and Henry I guess or done any research on it or hell seen a Disney movie. Or I could be forgetting something.

Gibbo

Anyone else hated the ballroom dance between rumple and belle? Was excited when the music played, but the actual dance itself was awkward and terrible

Anyone else hated the ballroom dance between rumple and belle? Was excited when the music played, but the actual dance itself was awkward and terrible

I was busy laughing at the cheesiness of it all as I tend to do with a fair bit of this show.

Kevin

Enjoyed this premiere more then I was expecting. OK so here's the deal. I have NOT seen Frozen. Am I missing out? Should I watch that movie before continuing on with this show?

Sober

Enjoyed this premiere more then I was expecting. OK so here's the deal. I have NOT seen Frozen. Am I missing out? Should I watch that movie before continuing on with this show?

Yeah you should because instead of an OUAT version of the characters for most fairytale characters (a version of their origin and all) for the Frozen characters it picks up pretty much after the movie leaves off from. Which I assume they had to do in order for Disney to let them use the Frozen characters to begin with.

Nice to Sydney back, I had been missing his character. Anna and Elsa are great but Anna is toeing the line between wide-eyed innocence and complete moron.

CG effects were great, they pumped a lot into the premeire. I hope it continues going forward.

I still hate Henry. Any line he has kills a scene. Send him off to Hogwarts or some shit.

Where the fuck is Olaf? My favorite character is MIA and I don't like it.
I'm not getting that impression from Anna at all.

sparkzero

Caught up on monday but didn't write my thoughts on the premiere here yet.

Anna and Elsa are spot on. I really felt the actors brought the cartoon characters to life although Annas personality is a bit cartoony.

Everything Rumbelle was not interessting at all except the ending with the Fantasia hat.
I feel like Reginas search for the writer and Rumples Fantasia hat storyline will somehow end up in the same goal (maybe Yen Sid is the writer?)

The writer(s) can't be the grimm brothers, as the fairytales are not their propertys, they just travelled through old europe and collected them. Also, a lot of fairytales like Pinoccio, Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid are not part of grimms fairytales.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
wait.... maybe my memory of season 1 is a bit hazy, but didn't the guy who came to town on a motorcycle with a typewriter turn out to be the author of the book? August as in Pinocchio (the guy Emma was kind of into for a bit)?

But now they're looking for the writer of the book? I def missing something here....
smiley-confused004.gif

wait.... maybe my memory of season 1 is a bit hazy, but didn't the guy who came to town on a motorcycle with a typewriter turn out to be the author of the book? August as in Pinocchio (the guy Emma was kind of into for a bit)?

But now they're looking for the writer of the book? I def missing something here....
smiley-confused004.gif

He was Pinocchio and I don't recall him being the author of the book. He probably just found it.

RPGCrazied

I guess I should go watch Frozen. I thought it was going to be just in one episode, but am guessing now it might be around the whole season, if not at least half of it.

So Frozen was a sequel to the Snow Queen?
I'm not familiar with the Snow Queen's story but as far as I know frozen was losely based on it. It's supposed to be Disney's telling of that tale.

I'm guessing somehow Elsa got her powers from her, maybe she's her daughter or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom