• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are Naughty Dog going to remaster Uncharted 1-3 for PS4??

That other thread made by Jett really has me reminiscing hard about the days of UC2.

I honestly haven't had an experience as enthralling as UC2 since I first played it and logged hundreds of hours online. Yes I put in a gang of hours into UC3 but that was mainly out of fan obligation and playing with friends online.

Uncharted 2 MP, patch 1.04(I never got to experience this) and all at a beautiful 1080P/60fps would soothe the pain that is waiting for Uncharted 4.

I would say it's a likely candidate for a PS4 collection, but I don't know if ND has the staff to get it done before UC4 comes out next year. It's possible another team could do it, but really we haven't heard anything as far as I'm aware. I mainly just expect it because it seems like an obvious money maker.

Releases summer 2015 I bet. To get people excited for Uncharted 4 in the fall

I'm not convinced it'll be NaughtyDog actually handling the port though

Bgamer90

Banned
Definitely think they will. There are many Xbox 360 players who have moved over to the PS4 and never played the PS3 Uncharted games. Think it would do pretty well.

Think they would need to release it before Uncharted 4 though (at least that would make the most sense to me). Might hear something at next year's E3 about it.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I thought they were. And I am sure after they saw what a terrific job 343 has done with Halo, they probably want to do it. But now the problem would be release date. Some how they have to squeeze it between E3 2015 to U4 release.

Or just do it in 2016 with all 4 games. either ways stakes are high after Halo MCC.

Might hear something at next year's E3 about it.

Way too late.

It's ridiculous to release a UC Collection and UC4 within 2-3 months of each one.

I'd say we'll either hear about it this December or like TLOU Remastered, it'll be announced early 2015 for a summer release.

Oddduck

I'd like a remastered collection.

Being a 360 owner, I didn't get to play any of them.

This is why I think a remastered collection is a good idea.

I'm in the same exact boat. I was a 360 owner who didn't own a PS3, and I'm sure there's tons of us who would love to play Uncharted 1 through 4 on PS4.

stridemr

Neo Member
I hope they do, it will be pretty kick-ass to replay them all again with 1080p 60 fps with the graphics beefed up. It will look glorious

Agent X

Gold Member
I have a feeling someone will do it eventually, although it might not be coming directly from Naughty Dog.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Let us hope that Sony doesn't skimp, and Bluepoint is on the case.

I hope they do, it will be pretty kick-ass to replay them all again with 1080p 60 fps with the graphics beefed up. It will look glorious
Naughty Dog itself had trouble getting this with The Last of Us, I don't know if these are realistic expectations for an outside developer, especially if the collection is likely to arrive before Uncharted 4.

Eventually yeah. I could see a Uncharted complete collection after 4. Or next year if the game got completely rebooted after Amy and Justin left and ND want to have something for next year.

Could all three Uncharted games fit on one Blu-Ray?

1 and 2 could.

Just make 3 a download code because its not really worth putting on the disc next to Uncharted 2 anyway.

stryke

When did they start working on the PS4 version? Before or after the PS3 version came out?

Real work on the PS4 didn't start until a several months after the PS3 version shipped and that was with only Jason Gregory working on it by himself. After Left Behind was done, they started to recruit more staff to get on it until they had all their programmers for crunch time.

Eventually yeah. I could see a Uncharted complete collection after 4. Or next year if the game got completely rebooted after Amy and Justin left and ND want to have something for next year.

1 and 2 could.

Just make 3 a download code because its not really worth putting on the disc next to Uncharted 2 anyway.

Well then Uncharted 1 should be a download code as well.

Don't kill me

cd5060bdac1d4eab166c0f31f600e1e3.jpg

Gator86

Releases summer 2015 I bet. To get people excited for Uncharted 4 in the fall

I'm not convinced it'll be NaughtyDog actually handling the port though

I'd be so happy with this timing. 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time. 3 was a little less magical but still a really good game.

Hopefully, if it is ND working on it, they can take what they learned from the Last of Us remaster to smooth the process.

Top Bottom