• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

3MGq.gif

GHG

Gold Member
Any PC screenshots? How does it look?

And is there native controller support?

Ogs

Highly unlikely I will be buying COD PC this year, but I'm still interested in seeing if its a mess like Ghosts .......

GHG

Gold Member
Are there any games that release that don't have controller support? Especially AAA games.

COD MW games didn't have any controller support... I've been out of the loop on this one so I'm wondering if there is native support.

Battlefield 3 also only had partial support.

I forget, for VPNs do you still need to go offline after the unlock or can you keep the game running online as long as you don't quit?

gogogow

There's even a SSAA option, pretty good. Tomb Raider had this too. Not bad. Hope it's a good port this time around.

Nokterian

#1 in US steam store atm

Farming Simulator 15 here in EU breh..get on my level :p

Game runs good though they like Treyarch by the looks of it did a good job but the player count is worrying i don't know when it is released. Yes Blops 2 is still high in player count nearly 10k but i suspect other modes will be played less and that fucking sucks.

gogogow

Farming Simulator 15 here in EU breh..get on my level :p

Game runs good though they like Treyarch by the looks of it did a good job but the player count is worrying i don't know when it is released. Yes Blops 2 is still high in player count nearly 10k but i suspect other modes will be played less and that fucking sucks.

So how many players are playing it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As in one and done or "need to be in offline mode" shenanigans?

It used to be as easy as just unlocking the game, but Valve changed that earlier in the year. Offline Mode isn't required unless the VPN you're using has session limits and you want achievements, cards and your playtime tracked.

Gibbo

on the 2nd mission now. The game seems very well optimized. I've maxed everything except AO , Refresh rate 144 Hz, and everything feels really smooth. Don't have fraps but it feels like constant 60fps at least.

R290x here.

Pakoe

Gold Member
They keep missing one very important aspect. A framerate unlocker/imiter. The thing is capped at 90fps, which is just annoying at this point.

Because of the engine, higher fps means you'll shoot faster (just a couple of ms more) which is pretty unfair for people that can't reach those frames.

Tovarisc

Because of the engine, higher fps means you'll shoot faster (just a couple of ms more) which is pretty unfair for people that can't reach those frames.

Wouldn't it then be same to cap FPS to 60 on PC so people in advantage is as small number as possible?

That said silly stuff if they haven't fixed that FPS = Firerate "bug" that has been in engine for years now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This dude was getting around 30-45fps on this map a couple of minutes ago and is now getting 60+

He's having PC issues and problems with streaming.

The port looks good performance wise, the guy streaming has a 3+ year old PC and the lowest frame rate I've seen is 57 (after he fixed his issue) while streaming on max settings, turning off AO alone will give him 10+ FPS thus keeping him above that all important 60fps line.

I fully expect to hit 91fps locked with very minor loss to IQ. I will post my first hand impressions when it's released in the UK.

Pakoe

Gold Member
Wouldn't it then be same to cap FPS to 60 on PC so people in advantage is as small number as possible?

That said silly stuff if they haven't fixed that FPS = Firerate "bug" that has been in engine for years now.

That would make sense yes, but hey i don't work for Sledgehammer.

Nzyme32

Apparently gtx680 runs it at 91fps on high, says the streamer in one of the earlier posts. Really random cap, but other than that, seems to be a good performance game thus far

Seanspeed

Banned
He's running a mix of Medium/High settings, FXAA and no depth of field. GTX680 and maintains a fairly consistent 60+fps. That's not too bad.

Cant see clearly how good it actually looks, though. Interested to see how this compares to BF4, graphics and performance-wise. I have a feeling BF4 might still have it beat.

Nokterian

Ask Infinity Ward. They kept that hold over from the Quake roots. Black Ops 2 is the only COD game to actually remove that cap IIRC.

Blops 2 is indeed running at 120/144fps for me no limit at all. Yeah its stupid they did this,but seeing they did a better job then IW makes me more then happy though. Like Treyarch that is a stellar pc port.

Top Bottom