• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

Kezen

Banned
I think Sledgehammer will hear about this design mistake in next meeting with their Activision contact. They better do worse next time!

I hope the PC port is highly unstable and awfully optimized to make up for that. They won't get a cent from me unless it runs like a dog.

Plasma

Banned
Ask Infinity Ward. They kept that hold over from the Quake roots. Black Ops 2 is the only COD game to actually remove that cap IIRC.

Not sure if that's an idtech problem, I used to play Jedi Academy a fair bit and you could unlock your frame rate past 90.

d00d3n

Seems to be unlocked in Australia as well. Downloading the 0 day patch using vpn at the moment with the amazing speed 7kb/s

Skyzard

Banned
Uh, it's not real paintball mode, just blood splatters are paint.

I saw an option on the Twitch stream, graphics options just before advanced options, that said Paintball Mode, which I assume turns any blood effects in paintball splats.

Just saw that, thanks :( Better than no paintball but bullet drop proper paintball slow bullet mode would be awesome like the cod4 mod.

Dr Dogg

So with HBAO+ in the settings seems like another Nvidia specced game. Were the latest set of drivers Game Ready ones?

The port looks good performance wise, the guy streaming has a 3+ year old PC and the lowest frame rate I've seen is 57 (after he fixed his issue) while streaming on max settings, turning off AO alone will give him 10+ FPS thus keeping him above that all important 60fps line.

This is great news if it's accurate- I was really expecting the worst given Ghosts and how badly some of the multiplatform PC releases have been performing at launch over the past year.

That 90 FPS cap is silly, though.

d00d3n

Shit, the australian vpngate server is getting hammered. Went from one connection to five connections really fast. At this point it does not seem realistic to get the game before hk release time.

Any alternative fast vpn options to australia or nz?

Nokterian

http://www.twitch.tv/gavzin

60fps PC stream. He's getting 91fps locked while not streaming he says.

That is a good stream,surprising to see that SH games did manage to do a proper port taking note from Treyarch.

Shame that he seems to be using VPN trick "wrong" as he is keeping VPN on at background => can't play MP because it causes high latency.

It sucks and you just have to wait until it's released in your country just to play as good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shame that he seems to be using VPN trick "wrong" as he is keeping VPN on at background => can't play MP because it causes high latency.

If he disabled the VPN, Steam would no longer consider him in-game, which breaks Steamworks integration since the game is no longer communicating with the client. It's no longer as simple as using a VPN to unlock a game and hasn't been since at least circa Thi4f (February).

Edit: To clarify, he wouldn't be booted out of the game entirely, but MP wouldn't be an option since the game uses Steamworks for networking purposes.

Looks like they got rid of the separate scope zoom thing from Ghosts which was laggy as fook, cant blame them, as nice as it was the game just couldn't handle it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is great news if it's accurate- I was really expecting the worst given Ghosts and how badly some of the multiplatform PC releases have been performing at launch over the past year.

That 90 FPS cap is silly, though.

I spoke to him on Reddit and he confirmed he was getting 80 - 90fps on high when not streaming. It really seems like a solid port.

Skyzard

Banned
Not necessarily, sometimes the games use up all your available vram (not sure if that's a memory leak each time).

Heard this game ran okay on medium setups.

Naedtrax

Banned
I managed to get it down by turning shadow cache off. Got it sitting just below 4k now.

Runs flawlessly now, FXAA is also the best form of AA available. Everything else looks rubbish, unless you use SSAA which is very intensive.

And correct on the available ram quote, but if it wants to 'exceed' your amount you will get stuttering.

Nokterian

So my 2GB 670 is doomed....

Main reason I went with PS4, unfortunately.

I can play it on my GTX 780 but i wonder how many will be playing in the coming weeks or months. They did a better job on the port for sure. Went PS4 because playerbase but i can turn to pc version if i want to but for the moment it is wait and see.

Arkanius

I managed to get it down by turning shadow cache off. Got it sitting just below 4k now.

Runs flawlessly now, FXAA is also the best form of AA available. Everything else looks rubbish, unless you use SSAA which is very intensive.

And correct on the available ram quote, but if it wants to 'exceed' your amount you will get stuttering.

SMAA should be superior to FXAA and with a very small performance hit

Nokterian

SMAA dude..FXAA is cheap and makes it all more blurry one of the worst things added to pc tweaking in terms for graphics.

Denton

Goddamn.. Was hoping to pull off 1440p maxed at 60 hz with a 780 Ti Classy.. Might just go with the PS4 then..

It is posts like these that make me shake my head.
Do you expect PS4 to run the game better than 780Ti will ? If yes, you are crazy. If no, then your post makes no sense.

Where in the player config file do you disable the framerate cap? I have a 780Ti and a RoG Swift so I'll give performance impressions once I play for a bit.

Naedtrax

Banned
Okay, it seems something was bugged. SMAA looks better than FXAA after a program close/reopen and runs great.

Very solid port apart from certain settings choking vram

Weird, you have to start the campaign to actually access settings. No option in the main menu >_>

Edit: No framerate cap for me by default? Was running at 110ish for a bit before dropping to the 90s. Settings recognize 144 Hz mode.

Top Bottom