• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIII PC December Update - Lightning in 1080p

Hello,

The FINAL FANTASY XIII team have been working hard to improve your experience on Steam and we're happy to announce the following changes will be rolled out at the beginning of December.

■ All versions
Custom resolutions (720p, 1080p...) and graphic options will be added.

We'll be in touch as soon as we're ready for the next one!

SQUARE ENIX

http://steamcommunity.com/games/292120/announcements/detail/251401353223653928

Throw me at an Adamantoise if old.

The Llama

Eggcellent. Might have to pick this up at some point. On the console version I got (not really a spoiler but better safe than sorry) to
the very last boss before the open world part. Couldn't beat him so I just gave up.

Durante

I already have that, I'd appreciate if they would rather work on their terrible frame pacing code :p

But it's a great step in the right direction, and I can't imagine them releasing the subsequent ports without these options now. Learning!

Whogie

Alright, cool (though I've already almost beaten it with GeDoSaTo). Gives me hope for the next games.

Aeana

If this doesn't address the framerate then I don't think it'll give us anything we don't have thanks to Durante.

glaurung

I hope they credit Durante.

Since I have this creeping feeling some of those settings and resolutions are down to his efforts.

Adaren

Great news! Probably means there will be a higher bar set for the sequels.

Hopefully the updates keep coming.

I hope they credit Durante.

Since I have this creeping feeling some of those settings and resolutions are down to his efforts.

Durante's a great guy and all, but let's be reasonable here.

Tempted by this port (haven't played a FF game since X, or any JRPG for that matter .....) ..... but how are the M&KB controls ? Is the mouse even used ? Correct button prompts ?

Durante

If this doesn't address the framerate then I don't think it'll give us anything we don't have thanks to Durante.
Perhaps the "graphics options" includes "disable frame pacing". Which would probably fix many of the issues.

One can hope.

spons

Gold Member
Color me surprised. Either they're upgrading the engine or they were so lazy in adding options in the first place it could've worked at launch given some extra testing.

Durante

I already have that, I'd appreciate if they would rather work on their terrible frame pacing code :p

But it's a great step in the right direction, and I can't imagine them releasing the subsequent ports without these options now. Learning!

Seems that way, from the 13-2 Steam description:
Now Enhanced for Windows PC
Including a range of the downloadable content from the original console, plus the choice for either English or Japanese voiceovers, 60 frames-per-second graphics and customizeable rendering resolution (720p, 1080p, and more).

martino

gbyITd5mRcWoAWN9FPwm_H876sNK.gif

RK9039

Good, I still haven't finished it. Hopefully they sort the performance out as well.

I'll continue with Valkyria until this gets updated.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they'll switch the videos to the PS3 quality ones. I heard that people tried replacing them. Has that been successful?

Levyne

Banned
As has been stated, people already playing at 1080p and up, but hopefully will adjust whatever wonkyness is preventing a steady framerate.

TheTrain

Seems that way, from the 13-2 Steam description:

Also:

Hello,

We're happy to announce the specs FFXIII-2 will be supporting.

■US/PAL version
- Custom resolutions
- Graphic options
- 60fps
- English and Japanese voices

■Asian version
- Custom resolutions
- Graphic options
- 60fps
- Japanese voice

SQUARE ENIX

■本製品の仕様について

いつもFINAL FANTASY XIII-2をご愛顧くださり、まことにありがとうございます。
本製品の仕様についてお知らせいたします。

【日本・アジア版 仕様一覧】
・カスタムのレンダリング解像度(720p,1080p等)
・グラフィックオプション
・フレームレート:60fps
・収録ボイス:日

Skilletor

Thank god.

Please fix the framerate.

I can't get the game to run with Durante's fix. :/ It makes the game crash randomly.

Mohasus

I'll buy XIII-2 as soon as I hear that the framerate has been fixed too. And I don't even like it that much (I love XIII and LR though).

Iscariot

Any chance that's in there too just not overtly mentioned?

Gbraga

That's awesome! But I hope they're also fixing the framerate. Thanks to Durante, we didn't have to endure 720p for too long.

The Cowboy

Until i read "major performance fixes" i won't be downloading it again, its nice they're adding in res support and options, but for me the biggest issue is how little my system is used compared to the frame rate i get.

I don't understand how they thought they could get away with it in the first place. Just a lack of respect to their consumers with that sort of quality control.

Khal_B

Hmm, might actually try the game out now. I tried Durante's fix, but I kept getting crashes in full screen mode. Hopefully the 'custom' resolutions go up to 1440p and above.

Giever

I'm not going to applaud them for finally doing something they should have done in the first place.

But it is nice.

Top Bottom