• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ME!ME!ME! | Short anime video by Studio Khara(Evangelion rebuild)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

bg_parts_01.png

The only gifs save for work i've found:

Planning・Original Work・Storyboard・Technical Director
Hibiki Yoshizaki
Music
「ME!ME!ME! feat.daoko」
TeddyLoid
Character design・Animation Director
Shuichi Iseki
Key Animator
Takahiro Sasaki
Hakuyu Go
Shingo Yamashita
Shuhei Handa
Akira Yamashita
Shota Ibata
Sho Sugai
Shin-ichi Nozaki
Shinya Kitamura
Shinji Itadaki
Yukiko Furusawa
Toshiyuki Sato
Sayaka Yamai
Maho Takagi
Yuki Huse
Shuichi Iseki
3DCGI
sankaku△
VisualArt・VFX・MotionGraphics
sankaku△
Hibiki Yoshizaki
In-between Animation checker
Yasuhito Murata
In-between Animation
Studio Khara
Toko Yatabe  Yumi Ikeda
Toya Oshima  Shie Kobori
Gen Asano
PRODUCTION REED
Sean Moto Asano  Yuri Nohara
Shiori Kurihara  Megumi Kodama
OH production
Kimie Iwakiri  Yukinobu Saeki
Yoko Tanaka  Jinko Tsuji
Yasuaki Honda  Ryosuke Murahashi
Mei Yamamoto
Studio L
Yukie Nishimura  Yukiko Koyama
TAKURANKE
Kumiko Terada  Kaori Ito
Hiromitsu Suzuki
Studio Colorido
Mitsunori Murata  Ryosuke Mizuno
Youhei Nakano
NOMAD
Moeko Mitsugi  Yukako Uehara
Rikiya Okano  Arisa Ozawa
Yosihisa Sato
Anime ToRoToRo
Yukari Yamaura
Nakamura Production
Yumi Enosawa
MSJ
F.A.I international
Color Design・Color Coordination Inspection
Yuichi Furuichi
Coloring Finish Animation
Studio L
Jun Ono  Nagisa Maeshima
Mayu Yoshida  Makoto Mega
Satomi Kusakabe  Airi Uchima
MSJ
Special Effect
Yuichi Fufuichi
Art Director
Hiroshi Kato
Background Art
totonyan
Hirotsugu Kakoi  Kumiko Watanabe
Yuumi Okayama  Naoya Watabe
Yousuke Kagawa  Hiroshi Kato
2D Design Works
Tomoko Masuda
Filming
sankaku△
Nanae Hirabayashi
Hibiki Yoshizaki
Cooperation in Filming
Kazuki Urabayashi
Hitomi Fukuzawa
Studio BACU
Editor
Hibiki Yoshizaki
Online Editor
Hidemi Li
Music Production
Rie Shimasue(King Record)
Cast
Koichi Yamadera
Megumi Hayashibara
Sound Effect Director
Haru Yamada(sound team・DonJuan)
Sound Effect
Toru Noguchi(anime sound)
Sound Effect Production
sound team・donjuan
Translator / Subtitle Editor
Dan Kanemitsu
Planning Adviser
TeddyLoid   ryo-timo  Shigeto Koyama
Producer
Tomoyuki Ogata
Line Producer
Takatoshi Okajima
Line Manager
Toshiyuki Miyazaki
Animation Production
Studio Khara
Director
Hibiki Yoshizaki

http://animatorexpo.com/mememe/

Impact if old.

wsippel

Banned
We have an Animator Expo thread already.

It's cute and all, and very pretty, but i don't like hypersexualization.
I assume you've only seen the gifs, not the actual video. Because there's nothing cute about it, and it uses hypersexualization to create the polar opposite of what most people would consider sexy.

I assume you've only seen the gifs, not the actual video. Because there's nothing cute about it, and it uses hypersexualization to create the polar opposite of what most people would consider sexy.

I've seen it, it's cute. Not moe, but it is cute. And you don't get to justify hypersexualization as a horror element when there is only a very, very slight use of horror in your work. Plus, sexual horror still feels sexual, which is why it works.

And if it had only been posted in there I would never have known about it. GAF doesn't do mega-threads.

I don't know, there are fifteen mega threads in the OT right now.

Yes i quoted a post ahead of mine, get over it people.

wsippel

Banned
That music was great
Same guy who did most of the Panty & Stocking soundtrack. Quite good for what it is, even if I'm not usually a fan of Eurotrash.

I've seen it, it's cute. Not moe, but it is cute. And you don't get to justify hypersexualization as a horror element when there is only a very, very slight use of horror in your work. Plus, sexual horror is still feels sexual, which is why it works.
You have a weird definition of what's cute then. I personally don't consider cannibalism, disembowlment and dismemberment very cute. Or sexy for that matter.

Interesting interpretation of the video I found on /a/:

This guy is depressed after breaking up with his girlfriend.

The TV/anime girls represent escapism, both sexual and otherwise (Though obviously primarily sexual). The first song begins with him looking all happy about it, but as he delves further into it, it becomes more of an addiction that he can't escape from. In the middle of losing himself in it, a bit into the second song, he remembers the happy times he shared with his ex. But then he realized that while running away from the sad memories of the relationship, he got consumed (literally, really) by his addiction to escapism.

Then realizing that it was worth having spent time together with his ex, he gathers the courage to try and fight back again. In the end though, he doesn't make it, and he loses the battle, remaining complacent and sexually satisfied by escapist anime. His decapitated head falling down at the end literally represents him failing to get a life and socially dying.

The video repeats because this is the continuing struggle he's having in his head as he lies in bed all depressed.

Varvor

Hyper sexualization aside, that was trippy awesome animation.

Music is awesome as well.

Some one get the gif from the music stage scene, minus the nudity part because as beautiful as it is its very NSFW.

wsippel

Banned
Hyper sexualization aside, that was trippy awesome animation.

Music is awesome as well.
Actually, now that I think about it, the term "sexualization" really makes no sense here whatsoever. The term implies that something was changed to be (more) sexy/ sexual, but that simply doesn't apply here. It was created that way. It's hypersexual, not hypersexualized.

so1337

Well, it's pretty clear that anime budgets are slanted towards traditional animation, despite the rest of the world largely abandoning 2D animation because of cost concerns. I've heard the theory that the Japanese videogame industry snatches up most of the 3D talent which results in some underwhelming CG work in anime.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Saw the whole thing just now. Pretty interesting overall, but I really have no idea what I just watched.

Ezalc

Pretty good music there, I liked the animation and visuals as well. Nice tits too, that was a really good interpretation too.

Kieli

I've seen it, it's cute. Not moe, but it is cute. And you don't get to justify hypersexualization as a horror element when there is only a very, very slight use of horror in your work. Plus, sexual horror still feels sexual, which is why it works.

I don't know, there are fifteen mega threads in the OT right now.

Yes i quoted a post ahead of mine, get over it people.

So?

If 15 people shoot whiskey up their asshole, does that make it ok?

People ignoring this very interesting interpretation are doing themselves a disservice. Rewatching it with it in mind makes a lot of small things stand out and seem to fit this. Very cool share.

That said, the sexualized aspect of it didn't bother me at all except in the ways it was supposed to.

I think the most interesting thing about it is his ex being both the damsel (memory) he can't stop trying to rescue (cling to) and the villain holding her (his memory) hostage and eventually killing him (sending him back into a downward spiral of anime girl sexual fulfillment).

I don't think anyone thinks this is Dostoevsky, but it's certainly got a lot more going on than tits and ass. Well-animated tits and ass.

Jarmel

Banned
*smh* It's like complaining the recent Ground Zeroes news didn't stay posted inside an Nvidia conference thread.

I actually created the other thread primarily for the purposes of talking about Me!Me!Me! since the other two shorts aren't that notable. Now before someone says why didn't I just limit it to this short, that's because there wasn't one for the project and the project as a whole does deserve discussion too. All of that said, it's not a big deal that there's a thread dedicated to just this short.

-Ryn

Banned
Animation was gorgeous (as to be expected).
I found the whole video to be a really interesting deconstruction w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶H̶i̶d̶e̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶A̶n̶n̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶.. Man's a genius.
Not to take away from all the others that worked on this though. They're kickass.

This guy is depressed after breaking up with his girlfriend.

The TV/anime girls represent escapism, both sexual and otherwise (Though obviously primarily sexual). The first song begins with him looking all happy about it, but as he delves further into it, it becomes more of an addiction that he can't escape from. In the middle of losing himself in it, a bit into the second song, he remembers the happy times he shared with his ex. But then he realized that while running away from the sad memories of the relationship, he got consumed (literally, really) by his addiction to escapism.

Then realizing that it was worth having spent time together with his ex, he gathers the courage to try and fight back again. In the end though, he doesn't make it, and he loses the battle, remaining complacent and sexually satisfied by escapist anime. His decapitated head falling down at the end literally represents him failing to get a life and socially dying.

The video repeats because this is the continuing struggle he's having in his head as he lies in bed all depressed.

It's a really solid interpretation and I think anyone getting hung up on the gratuitous breasts is missing a really good piece of work. With catchy tunes.

While I don't have any issue with hypersexualization, I do think that as with anything, if you're not careful it can consume you.

Jarmel

Banned
Animation was gorgeous (as to be expected).
I found the whole video to be a really interesting deconstruction which figures since Hideaki Anno worked on it. Man's a genius.
Not to take away from all the others that worked on this though. They're kickass.

Anno didn't work on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom