• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Students Outraged After University Poisons Stray Dog that attended classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs are having a bad week :(
B3BEh30CEAAxjZp.jpg:large

XI’AN, China — Several students at a university in China are outraged after their school put down a stray dog that would come into class and attend lectures.

The Daily Mail reported that Casper the dog would regularly attend classes at the Northwest A&F University in Yanglin County.

Students said the dog had started becoming something of a mascot for the school and would routinely sit in for English and calculus courses.

But the school allegedly felt the dog was an unneeded distraction. So they poisoned the animal and disposed of the body in a trash bin.

One 23-year-old student said the university was afraid having a dog in class would make the school look unprofessional.

“I think having a pet in the class is actually progressive and forward-thinking. Many people are very sad,” said Xiao Wang.

The school has confirmed that the dog was killed. A school spokesperson said it was out of safety for the students and faculty.
http://myfox8.com/2014/11/22/studen...ty-poisons-stray-dog-that-would-attend-class/

Next

I once took a test with a stray cat sleeping/purring on my lap. Just wanted to share that.

Also why did they bother to do it? couldn't they just keep him out if they didn't want him there?

I guess this is what happens in a country where they fucking eat dogs.

This is of course wrong what happened in op but I really don't know why eating dogs is that awful or unmoral? Pigs are just as smart as dogs and you probably don't have any problems eating pork.

Valnen

XI’AN, China ...

Stopped reading there. They do not share the same sentiment for animals we do here.

And that excuses this? No. The people that made the decision to do this are pieces of shit that should immediately lose their jobs. Anyone that would do something like this has no redeeming qualities.

I saw the Op and the OP of the other link listed and I am can't read any more than that.
Almost getting teary just from those two posts

"Chinese see dogs like we see cows, it's fine".

We don't kill cows with poison before dumping their corpses into a fucking bin.

Eating dogs is not on the same level of poisoning them and throwing them in the garbage. One is throwing away perfectly good meat.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If they were professional then they would of had a method to take care of the animal or do they not believe in animal rights?

The whole constant debate over "who is more important" should have multiple facets to it period. They should just kill an animal to prove some imaginary ego exists? BS and the fact that they say "Poisons". Who poisons a dog?

Who in the educational system can poison a dog because they get interrupted? No one should. I've heard stories of people putting antifreeze into hot dogs and throwing them over fences. It happened to an old friend of ours. Their puppy died because of it. Some people are real cruel to animals.

What they did isn't professional at all.

V_Arnold

Fuck social relativity. Fuck it hard.

Poor dog :(

Eating dogs is not on the same level of poisoning them and throwing them in the garbage. One is throwing away perfectly good meat.

Pathetic.

Sorry China but I hate you and your backwards shit.

Problem: it is not Chinese. it is BACKWARD Chinese. Students liked the dog. Look at the picture. Do not blame all the chinese on this.

televator

It's astounding to me. I'm not particularly sensitive when it comes to dogs and many other animals. I have a passing humor toward most animals at best. I'm a conflicted misanthrope and I still put humans in general above animals. But this kind of stuff... Holly fuck. what sort of vile degenerate psychopath does this sort of shit?! Keep people like this away from other humans, let alone animals. Scary mother fuckers.

Purkake4

Banned
Dogs with rabies don't attend college lectures.
Dogs with rabies can have an incubation period of around three months.

Not saying this is right, just trying to expand on some of the background here. It's also a big problem in India and South-East Asia. ~56 000 people die of rabies every year and 95% of them in Africa and Asia.

There are so many ways they could have dealt with this...
but I'm not going to condemn an entire content and their peoples for a handful of people.

Chariot

"Man, this dog that attends class makes us look really bad. Let's poison the fuck out of him and throw him in the trash bin. That show the world how professional we are."

Seriously, I can see that the university may not have a dog in class. Fine. But there are multiple way of handling this without killing him that dishonorable or killing him at all. And they could've even made bank on him. "Even animals want to learn at our classes" or something.

edit:
And lol at the blatant racism in this thread. Holy shit, gaf.

V_Arnold

Dogs with rabies can have an incubation period of around three months.

Not saying this is right, just trying to expand on some of the reasoning behind it. It's also a big problem in India and South-East Asia. ~56 000 people die of rabies every year and 95% of them in Africa and Asia.

You can check dogs for rabies. Even vaccine them. There are measures between "let us poison it" and "might be rabid".

Valnen

There are so many ways they could have dealt with this...
but I'm not going to condemn an entire content and their peoples for a handful of people.

Pretty much. I'm perfectly happy condemning the people that made the decision to do this and the people that did it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom