• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe- Dragon Age Inquisition Review

Didn't see this in a search, and decided to make a thread as I figured people on the fence who don't hang out in the Dragon Age OT might wanna check it out.

It's a pretty good review. 25 minutes long, so pretty in depth. There are a few minor spoilers in regards to romance options and areas, but nothing too egregious. He's very positive on the game, but has some complaints. Worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_uy4OSpUKE

EDIT: seeing as the review is pretty glowing, he doesn't do his usual 'yelling' schtick. I know that annoys a lotta people.

BouncyFrag

Ah top stuff cheers for posting. Been looking out for Joe's take after his vids on the previous two.
He has a good DA2 review. I've been waiting for this but need to wait till I'm done with the campaign which at the rate I'm going, will be some time. I was able to get to release with knowing next to nothing about the content of DAI and everything is fresh and new to me.

And the winner for the worst youtube reviewer is?

And the winner for shittiest drive by poster is?

Seriously, did you watch the review, or did you just drop in because you felt like being edgy? It's a solid, well-balanced review. He mentions the good things about the game, compares it to the other two games in the franchise, fairly criticizes it for the microtransactions and deficiencies of the PC version, and does a good job of explaining why the game is damn fun to play.

You may hate Joe due to other things he's done, but this review is far from the 'shittiest on Youtube', I promise you.

Dysun

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Glad to see Joe liked it as much as I am

I haven't started playing this game yet because I suck at making characters look good and I don't want to play through it with a bothersome buttface. It is a stupid problem.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks! Will watch this later when doing housework!

I like his reviews. I wish more reviewers would do a 20-30 minute discussion of the game. I think he's quite a likeable person and I think he's quite fair.

Edit : and IGNs reviews are OK too. As are Polygon's and Edge's. And Eurogamer's. I like them all. Different sites take a different approach and I like that.

I haven't started playing this game yet because I suck at making characters look good and I don't want to play through it with a bothersome buttface. It is a stupid problem.

Yeah it's tough. Tips I have:

Be sure to spin the head around to see it from all angles when you're creating it. And if you make a female, by default it looks like they've gone crazy with the lip gloss. Knock the lip shine waaaay down.

Also, British voice over actress is better than the American one, for female characters at least.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
People wonder why drive-by posts thrive.

Half of his reviews I can take seriously. He does do a decent job here.

CGwizz

love the game , my only complained is dumb AI , its dumb as a fucking rock and this make the combat a pain

Try again buddy.

And the winner for shittiest drive by poster is?

Seriously, did you watch the review, or did you just drop in because you felt like being edgy? It's a solid, well-balanced review. He mentions the good things about the game, compares it to the other two games in the franchise, fairly criticizes it for the microtransactions and deficiencies of the PC version, and does a good job of explaining why the game is damn fun to play.

You may hate Joe due to other things he's done, but this review is far from the 'shittiest on Youtube', I promise you.

Swing and a miss!

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Glad to see Joe liked it as much as I am

What, have you started doing video reviews?

Worst second reply goes to?

Probably you if you were reviewer based on your whiny attitude.

Can't wait to hear the review later as I work. Cheers!

Welp looks like backbracker has gotten his back broken
Hahahaha

Sagely

Cool, thanks! I've always found Joe to be quite fair and he discusses games in-depth. Can't wait to read this on lunch break, I'm enjoying the game very much so far and look forward to hearing his take on it.

Ploid 3.0

facebook game multiplayer: 9/10
awful animations: 'animations are great'

I like angry joe but man he has to be joking

During the multiplayer part he at least has text to correct the microtransactions part. You don't need to buy chests with real money at all, it would actually seem like a waste of money to me. It's easy enough to get them on your own, and don't expect your money to get you the best loot as your bought chests will likely have level 1-3 gear in it.

BokehKing

Banned

I agree, his schtick is tired and boring
I rather trust the review of someone who doesn't have alot of followers and can be real with you, with out being influenced by what the masses already think. (which if you haven't realized, it's kind of what he does)

I mean if you're into gimmicks its cool, there are -some- of his reviews I'll watch while you know, doing other things, but its more for entetainment then actually caring what he thinks.

(that is my opinion, never said it was a fact)_

Seanspeed

Banned
Probably whoever you like.

Angry Joe has his schtick, but he puts in a lot of effort and thought into his reviews. Pretty funny most of the time, too. And funny funny, not 'generic joke, gotta try and be funny every second' funny.

Dargor

"Please...follow me to my quarters. I mean! Training grounds! I have something to show you." lol Had me laughing right from the start.

Really like Joe's reviews, hes a pretty great reviewer, even when he does his angry act.

You know when a guy knows his games when he tells developers to copy Dragon's Dogma battle mechanics. That would be great.

Braag

I like Joe for his in depth and lengthy reviews. Dressing up as the characters and the bad acting is just icing on the cake.

Tabby

Disagree with his complaints about KB/M controls and Co-op monetization but other than that good review.

samn

I really don't see the point in including full cutscenes (including romance). People who've played have already seen it, people who haven't will have just had it spoiled by the review. 'Hey I really liked this scene, look look!' No, let me experience it in the game.

Top Bottom