• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I had a dream I was about to commit suicide (A thread about revelation from dreams)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU POST.

So I've had thoughts of suicide for as long as I can remember. Not because my life is shit, but because I seek attention and confirmation from others. For a couple of months, I've been somewhat sad and lonely, this culminated in me dreaming about suicide.

In the dream I was burning all of my belongings in a barrel, just so I would have nothing to hold me back from hanging myself. I distinctly remember throwing my favorite hoodie in last. Later I was sitting at my desk, preparing for it all, when I looked outside I saw the barrel smoking. I panicked, ran out and took off the lid. I started rummaging through the ashes until I found the hoodie, unscathed. I felt so happy, then I woke up.

Ever since then, my sadness just seems washed away, I'm not imagining death anymore.

What's your experience with revelations from dreams?

Clydefrog

I've had dreams where I wake up, brush my teeth, shave, shower, etc. ... and then I wake up for real having to do it all over again :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I once had a dream where I hurt my brother badly. Kind of traumatized me because even in fights I always holded off from doing anything against him. Or anyone for that matter.

It helped me to manage my anger in other ways.

Anion

Interesting dream OP

I once had a dream where I woke up and it was a snow day. However, that was a dream in itself, since I woke up after that dream and it was a snowday.
But what makes it crazy was that that all was a dream and it was actually not a snow day. First and only time in my life I was dreaming about dreams and it was about having a snowday when it actually wasnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom