• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, about that new januari (?) Nintendo Direct...

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-phonk

Banned
Nintendo_Direct_Logo.png

What do you think it will include?

For reference

last year around this time:
December 2013 ND: announcement of Hyrule Warriors, NES Remix, Dr Luigi, and Chibi Robo: Photo Finder
November2014 ND: Steel Diver:sub wars, NES remix 2

The latest general november 2014 ND
Amiibo, Mario Kart 8 DLC, splatoon single player, Majora’s Mask 3D and pikmin short movies

The next one is due to come very soon, so....

Certain:
N3DS release date
Majora's mask release date & info
Monster Hunter 4 release date & info
New trailers / info for their major Q1 titles (3DS/WiiU)

Speculation, but likely:
New eShop games announced
Mario Kart 8 DLC #2 info
Smash Bros DLC info
Devil's Third trailer
A previous unknown firstparty 3DS title for '15

What else do you expect? (be reasonable!)

Is there a date for this yet?

And for expectations all I want is to see that New 3DS in white with the snes colored buttons and I'll be a happy camper.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Fossil Fighter's release date, I'd add.
As well as Inazuma Eleven Go 3 for European shores.

E-phonk

Banned
Think it's time for another splatoon trailer yet? Is that hitting in march?

Might be, but I would totally expect a separate splatoon direct before it's release.

I eagerly await that SMT X FE trailer ..... it's time

Since it's release date is TBC, I wouldn't hope for it at the moment.

It would be nice to get a better look at the new Zelda. The offscreen look was nice but I would love to see it in fullscreen.
This sounds like their big E3 reveal though. I was allready surprised to see it at the awards.

Nanoman

Neo Member
It would be nice to get a better look at the new Zelda. The offscreen look was nice but I would love to see it in fullscreen.

A Direct with no smash stuff at all would make me feel uncomfortable, it's been a staple for so long. Maybe a Mewtwo trailer?

wiibomb

there was a nintendo direct around january end of last year, right? or in february, I don't remember exactly, because if that's the case then we could get a direct soon

and they need to announce the New 3DS as well as the release date of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, so there are things to talk still.

aaaaand, Nintendo directs seem to appear every two months or so..

Kouriozan

I want Mario Maker in 1H confirmation for Europe, FF 5 localization and SMT x FE re-reveal for the next Direct.
Plus the usual nice surprise.

E-phonk

Banned
there was a nintendo direct around january end of last year, right? or in february, I don't remember exactly, because if that's the case then we could get a direct soon

December 2013 and February 2014. Both are mentioned in the OP. Last one was november 2014.

If the next Direct happens this month, I expect...

-New 3DS US release
-Xenoblade 3DS info
-Majora's Mask 3D info
-Hyrule Warrior's Majora's Mask pack info
-Smash Bros. Mewtwo DLC trailer
-Reminder of other upcoming DLC, such as the Mario Kart pack 2
-Star Fox Wii U
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Final surprise announcement of the second SSB DLC character
-Metroid????

If the next Direct happens this month, I expect...

-New 3DS US release
-Xenoblade 3DS info
-Majora's Mask 3D info
-Hyrule Warrior's Majora's Mask pack info
-Smash Bros. Mewtwo DLC trailer
-Reminder of other upcoming DLC, such as the Mario Kart pack 2
-Star Fox Wii U
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Final surprise announcement of the second SSB DLC character
-Metroid????

This seems most likely

rhandino

Banned
They have so much things to give updates that I expect one at least in the finals weeks of January, they have:

For Nintendo 3DS (And maybe New 3DS)
-> Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
-> Majoras Mask 3DS
-> Codename S.T.E.A.M

For the Nintendo Wii U
-> Hyrule Warriors "Majora's Mask" DLC Pack
-> Mario Kart 8 "Animal Crossing" DLC Pack
-> Splatoon
-> Xenoblade Chronicles X
-> Star Fox
-> Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-> The Legend of Zelda
-> Devil's Third

Nintendo is really packed this year, my wallet is going to be so empty T_T

Linkyn

Things that are realistic are

• Info on their early 2015 releases (including Majora's Mask 3D, Project S.T.E.A.M., Splatoon, Mario Maker, Starfox, Mario Party 10, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Yoshi's Wooly World and possibly Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Smash DLC talk (Mewtwo, Miiverse stage, possibly more)
  • Mario Kart DLC talk (though not much, seeing as how close to the actual release we first got concrete info on the first one)
  • Some amiibo stuff
  • n3DS release info
Far less likely imo, but what I'd definitely love to see, are updates on Zelda and SMTxFE (or more importantly, a regular FE on Wii U). And then, of course, is always the hope for a curve ball (which seems semi-reasonable given past details on Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Warriors). Thinking that the big announcements would probably be kept or E3, I could imagine a smaller title like AC being announced.

- Yoshi, Mario Party 10, Kirby are sure-bets
- Mewtwo?
- Splatoon most likely
- 3DS titles
- At least something about Wii U VC
- Amiibo (wave 4? more shipments of wave 1 and 2? a confirmation that Target is run by assholes?)
- Maybe some more Hyrule Warriors DLC info since we still have 2 packs left
- A surprise or two

There's definitely plenty going on, and that's leaving out Zelda and Xenoblade.

weekev

Banned
We need solid release dates for every title in 2015 with the exception of Kirby in America so Id definitely expect a direct at the end of next week or the week after. Expecting some new 3DS Megatons, not expecting much in the way of WiiU news, that will be saved for e3.

LDAF

Metroid would be pretty nice, I think it has a decent chance of being on the 3DS...

Also, is Januari before or after Smarch?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Remember that Nintendo's Third Quarter Earnings Release for FY 2014 is scheduled for publication on Jan. 28, with briefing likely to happen the day after. Thus certain things, details on the console they are working on for emerging markets (China), can be saved for that. For the Nintendo Direct broadcast if it happens, I expect some basic information about the already revealed titles slated for early release this year - Splatoon, Mario Maker etc. And perhaps something big (Eternal Darkness, Metroid) teased.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Can you really not spell January?

That was quite rude of you. Actually it's correct. In other language, people referred January as Januari.

I would like to remind you that this forum is international social board for everyone over the world.

This is going to be a funny thread in the very likely situation that a Nintendo Direct isn't announced.

Yeah, it's possible that we are getting Direct somewhere in February but I'm not going to expect anything. I'm going to let Nintendo surprise me this time.

Is there a date for this yet?

And for expectations all I want is to see that New 3DS in white with the snes colored buttons and I'll be a happy camper.

You must be European. As an American, the LAST thing I want is for the New 3DS to have the US SNES controller button colors. Not fond of that purple.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I was so hyped when I saw the thread title and then discovered no Direct had been ever confirmed.

I'm expecting release dates for the n3DS, Majoras Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4G and a tiny eShop surprise.

There is no way I'll be disappointed :D !

The topic title mislead me into believing that a new Nintendo Direct was announced. Then I remembered how insane Nintendo fans are, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom