• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct June 21 - What Will We See?

Update:

Its all but confirmed a Nintendo Direct will happen next week Wednesday and I am ready for the HYPE TRAIN!!!

This is the big one.

The rest of the year is clear and ready for announcements. What do you guys think we will see?

I think the big titles will be the long rumored wind waker and twilight princess release, Metroid Prime 4 and the announcement of a date they will reveal the Switch 2 like “join us september where we will unveil the Switch 2”.

vuHTpe6.jpg

Update: Lots of new rumors. This may be the Nintendo Direct of our dreams!!!!
A 2D Mario thats not “NEW”
A Super Mario RPG remake
A Chrono Trigger HD 2D remake

I don’t think my body is Reggie for all that, my GOD!!!!
jf5eQ5M.jpg
2yhMyQa.jpg

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I doubt any other Zelda games are coming out this year. Nintendo also said no new hardware this fiscal year and they’re not going to tell people about new hardware right before Christmas coming out after Christmas. Sorry OP.

I think it’s about time for a new Mario game, whether it’s Odyssey 2 or another NSMB game or whatever.

Woopah

Why is it "all but confirmed?"

Fairly certain we won't see new hardware, it will focus on games coming original Switch in the next 7 months.

If I had to guess, something like:

• Opener: Donkey Kong Rumble in the Jungle - November
  • 1st headines:
    • Fantasy Lifei release date
    • Hogwarts Switch reveal
    • Rayman DLC in Mario Vs. Rabbids
    • Pikmin 4 trailer
    • New Castlevania game
    • Rune Factory Prpject Dragon
    • Random indie game 1
    • Pokemon S/V DLC
  • Tomodachi Life sequel - October
  • 2nd headlines
    • Apollo Justice Collection
    • Dragon Quest Infinitry Strash trailer
    • Dragon Quest IIIR coming December
    • F Zero GX remastered - September
    • Just Dance
    • Random indie game 2
    • Decode Police release date
    • Ys X
    • Persona 5 Tactics
  • Kid Icarus Uprising remake - October
  • 3rd headlines
    • Random indie game 3
    • Splatoon DLC
    • Mario Kart 8 DLC
    • DAEMON X MACHINA: Titanic Scion
    • New Mana game
    • Megaman 12
  • Sizzle reel
    • Prince of Persia, the Lost Crown
    • Mortal Kombat One
    • Master Detective Archives
    • Disney Illusion Islland
    • random indie game 4
    • Everybody 1 2 Switch
    • Super Bomberman R 2
  • Closer: Prime 4 - early 2024

Last edited:

Knightime_X

What will we see?
We'll see 30fps, and jaggies galore.
Oh, and a nightmare version of Mortal Kombat 1

Hype levels for Nintendo has been strongly secured and at floor level.
I do hope they show Wind Waker though.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Switch was announced October 2016 and released March 2017. Nintendo 3ds was still selling. Sorry Dude.
Nintendo actually announced the 3/17 release date of new hardware in their investor meeting of early 2016, same time they said they were not releasing new hardware this time around. The Wii U wasn’t selling and everyone knew they were pivoting, unlike now where they are planning to sell lots of Switch.

Well boys and girls…rumors are wild right now...

Some are saying there are two events. One in June and one in July. July possibly being a “commercial”.

Clearly, the Switch is winding down. The only thing I truly expect is Metroid Prime 2. But will it get the full HD remake Prime 1 received? …We will see…

I would be happy with wind waker and twilight princess hd to play plrtable BUT if they announce a remake of the greatest game ever made, Ocarina Of Time, I will CRY.
A new mario would be amazing but I have a hard time believing they would do that WITHOUT announcing a new console so its either both or none.
I think an update to metroid prime 4 is almost a guarantee. You really cant go any longer especially since they already said its for the original switch.

Krathoon

Hell, I would love for Nintendo to acknowledge that Xenoblade X was a game they made not too long ago. The fact it is one of the very few quality games still trapped on the Wii U is a travesty.
You are supposed to keep your WiiU. IT IS THE NERD CODE.

Nydius

Ports of Paper Mario 1000 Year Door, Wind Waker, Galaxy 2, Mario 3D Land, F-Zero and Eternal Darkness.

Putting Wind Waker HD on a Switch cart would have me whipping out my credit card instantly.

Ditto if they announced an actual port/remaster of F-Zero GX/AX.

At this point, unless they have some major surprises, those are the only two things that would move the needle for me.

Marvel14

Banned
Nintendo actually announced the 3/17 release date of new hardware in their investor meeting of early 2016, same time they said they were not releasing new hardware this time around. The Wii U wasn’t selling and everyone knew they were pivoting, unlike now where they are planning to sell lots of Switch.
Right we all remember codename NX at the April 2016 investor meeting but the point still stands. They can unveil something before Christmas and release it after Christmas even while other hardware is on the market.

3ds had sold 8+ million units the previous year that the Switch was announced . Switch is projected to sell 15 million this year. So maybe they do want to protect Christmas since sales are that much stronger. Or they've already factored in a dip in sales into that number and plan to pivot to the successor before the year is out while still keeping the actual release date under wraps so as to minimize the sales hit.

It may be that all we get is a reference at an investor quarterly earnings call before Christmas. The point is we don't know. And Nintendo has a history of not being predictable. So your confident proclamation is a poorly evidenced guess. Not a fact.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Putting Wind Waker HD on a Switch cart would have me whipping out my credit card instantly.

Ditto if they announced an actual port/remaster of F-Zero GX/AX.

At this point, unless they have some major surprises, those are the only two things that would move the needle for me.

I actually think Thousand-Year Door is the only likely one other than Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Top Bottom