• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct June 21 - What Will We See?

DA5Bs5l.jpg

Hoping to see some Pikman 4 news and gameplay.
And for the love of god something, anything about a Twilight Princess HD. A shadow drop would be swell.
Pikmin literally has to be in it, being their next big first party game following Zelda. The open question is what else is coming this year. Assuming a remake/remaster or two to fill out the lineup, knowing they are likely moving onto new hardware internally.

Zelda rereleases seem unlikely given how they wouldn’t want to distract Zelda attention away from TotK, assuming there is some DLC happening at some point. Non-TotK Zelda news is likely being held for 2024-beyond.

Last edited:
If it is real and announced soon. I personally expect:

IMO, a Certainty.

DLC blowout (MK8D, Splatoon3, Xeno 3)

Pikmin 4

1,2,3,4 Switch or whatever It is called.

Baiten Kaitos

===================================================
IMO, LIKELY:

Persona 3 Remake
Legend Bowl
Metal Gear Solid collection
Persona 5 Tactics
Sonic
Prince of Persia
Sea of Stars
Disney Mickey Mouse Adventure game
Metroid Prime 2 Remastered

NOT LIKELY, BUT.…
***Would be wild***
No Mercy remake
FFVIIR turn based game
COD Mobile
Madden
EA FC (already leaked)
Silent Hill 2 Remake
XBLA Goldeneye for physical release w/ Xbox cross play or Killer Instinct

Switch 2

Nintendo Selects return.

Last edited:
If it is real and announced soon. I personally expect:

DLC blowout (MK8D, Splatoon3, Xeno 3)

Pikmin 4

1,2,3,4 Switch or whatever It is called.

Baiten Kaitos

Those are easy…

Persona 3 Remake
Legend Bowl
Metal Gear Solid collection
Persona 5 Tactics
Sonic
Prince of Persia
Sea of Stars

***This below would be wild***
No Mercy remake
FFVIIR turn based game
COD Mobile
Madden
EA FC (already leaked)
Silent Hill 2 Remake
XBLA Goldeneye for physical release w/ Xbox cross play or Killer Instinct

Switch 2

Nintendo Selects return.
Xeno 3 DLC is finished, I think that’s already been confirmed a few times at this point. The story DLC was the send-off for that game.

Agreed that it’s time for Nintendo Selects/Player’s Choice line to happen. They’ve made it 6 years without permanent software discounts, which is a record for sure.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
More like Xenoblade X reboot with the original story that got scrapped and removed the online feature.

I really like the teaser trailer

Man I’ve been holding off on a second Xenoblade X run because I think they just HAVE to remaster/remake this at some point. It’s so damn good and such a massive, substantial game. I’d really love to see them finish the damn story.

Also I’ll just say I really hope they change it to let you take any party you want for story missions. I don’t care if they have to make Elma and Lin just magically appear during story sequences. Kinda sucked having 2/3 of your party members mandatory for all story missions.

SCB3

I want to play Metroid so badly but not if I can't play the other 2 remastered as well.
I can fully see Prime 2 and then 3 being pretty much done, there were rumors for years that the trilogy was remastered, I hope so cause I've not played 3 and don't remember that much of 2

Woopah

Pikmin literally has to be in it, being their next big first party game following Zelda. The open question is what else is coming this year. Assuming a remake/remaster or two to fill out the lineup, knowing they are likely moving onto new hardware internally.

Zelda rereleases seem unlikely given how they wouldn’t want to distract Zelda attention away from TotK, assuming there is some DLC happening at some point. Non-TotK Zelda news is likely being held for 2024-beyond.
I think there's definitely going to be new games announced for 2023 (not only remasters). Possibly Tomodachi, Prime 4 and a Mario or Donkey Kong platformer

A rumor on Reddit is saying Nintendo will announce a 2d Mario, and a remake of a SNES game. That could be interesting!

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

last year's june Direct was a pure 3rd party showcase.

wasn't until september that they talked about 2nd half games with a few teases of 2023 games

1. Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase June 2022 - Every Game Announcement

1. Nintendo Direct September 2022 - Every Game Announcement

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Anyone think they announce new hardware tomorrow? Switch 2 or OLED Switch Lite?

I saw a 4chan post (I know, I know).

The post claimed as we wait for Switch 2, the final form of Switch would go on sale this summer. It sounded like a Switch Lite that could Connect to the tv without the dock. Maybe just a cable. Or wireless?
Nintendo won't utter a single word about any gen 10 system. Just dob't expect it, makes no sense to talk about it before the year ends.

I think there's definitely going to be new games announced for 2023 (not only remasters). Possibly Tomodachi, Prime 4 and a Mario or Donkey Kong platformer
Of course they will announce new games. The wide expectation though is that this late in the cycle of the Switch, heavy-hitters will be very light, as internal software teams switch to the next platform. Even if a new Mario is nearing completion, it would be very consistent with Nintendo’s typical business planning, to hold the game back for the next system.

But I’d be the happiest of anyone to see a 3D DK game made by the 3D Mario team at EPD Tokyo.

Last edited:

SCB3

Nintendo won't utter a single word about any gen 10 system. Just dob't expect it, makes no sense to talk about it before the year ends.
They may say "We have a new whatever for next year, but news on that will be announced at a later date next year"

And I'm being very optimistic on that, comparing it to how theyh said about the NX (Switch) being in active development in 2016, they will likely say nothing this time as the Switch wasn't a failure like the Wii U

Woopah

Of course they will announce new games. The wide expectation though is that this late in the cycle of the Switch, heavy-hitters will be very light, as internal software teams switch to the next platform. Even if a new Mario is nearing completion, it would be very consistent with Nintendo’s typical business planning, to hold the game back for the next system.

But I’d be the happiest of anyone to see a 3D DK game made by the 3D Mario team at EPD Tokyo.
I guess it depends on what you count as a heavy hitter. I'd say Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario, Smash and 3D Mario will be held for the next the console.

But 2D Mario, Donkey Kong or any franchise could come this year.

Nautilus

Banned
They may say "We have a new whatever for next year, but news on that will be announced at a later date next year"

And I'm being very optimistic on that, comparing it to how theyh said about the NX (Switch) being in active development in 2016, they will likely say nothing this time as the Switch wasn't a failure like the Wii U
Nah, they won't say a word.

What may happen is that they maybe will very vaguely and indirectly hint at a new system in their shareholders meeting in the 23th.

But they won't say anything in a direct.

Same guy who predicted Everybody's 1-2 Switch

New 2D Mario would be HUGE!

“Wonder”….hmmm. What SNES game is he referring to? Or is that word even refering to an SNES remake? I mean if I could pick any SNES game to be remade it would be Zelda A Link To The Past or Super Metroid. Link To The Past would make sense since we havn’t heard of any new Grezzo projects in a while.

Last edited:
Imho it’s only “huge” if it’s not in the boring/ cookie cutter style of the NSMB series. My god I am so bored with that art/ play style.
Agreed, they were tired out but I enjoyed them. They will sell a TON either way though.

For some reason, a lot of people are expecting Super Mario RPG. Don't know where that is comming from though.
That would blow the roof off.

New 2D Mario would be HUGE!

“Wonder”….hmmm. What SNES game is he referring to? Or is that word even refering to an SNES remake? I mean if I could pick any SNES game to be remade it would be Zelda A Link To The Past or Super Metroid. Link To The Past would make sense since we havn’t heard of any new Grezzo projects in a while.
Balan Wonderland 2!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think teasing tears of the kingdom dlc is important that way you bake in Zelda throughout the year.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think teasing tears of the kingdom dlc is important that way you bake in Zelda throughout the year.
The game is so big, I dunno what kind of DLC they can do, but I am excited for their creativity with it.

If there is a Mario2D I hope they use the movie artstyle. Since it's 2D they can prob mix sprites and 3D and make it work.

Quasicat

The SNES classic may be from someone other than Nintendo. If it were Square Enix, I’m hoping more for Live a Live over what they did to Actraiser. I love Actraiser for SNES, but hated the remake for Switch. 😒

Personal hope would be Chrono Trigger and unrealistically…SimCity.

I know Zippo is not allowed. But he and others are strong the leak is out.

Nintendo needed an alltime rpg to compete with Starfield and FFVIIR. Square and Nintendo will announce the remake of Chronotrigger!

If true, what a way to end a generation! Good on them.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I know Zippo is not allowed. But he and others are strong the leak is out.

Nintendo needed an alltime rpg to compete with Starfield and FFVIIR. Square and Nintendo will announce the remake of Chronotrigger!

If true, what a way to end a generation! Good on them.
you know when everyone is talking about it it's happening.

Top Bottom