• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Man On Earth |OT| Alone Time With MacGruber - Sundays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

iboFVwkNZuvhvL.png

This is for you, Steelyuhas.

Dominator

The first trailer they ever showed for this had me intrigued. I hope this is good I like Forte, but I don't see how long this can possibly go for.

ivysaur12

Banned
The first trailer they ever showed for this had me intrigued. I hope this is good I like Forte, but I don't see how long this can possibly go for.

Considering
how many people are cast on this show, there's absolutely no way he's actually the last man on Earth, which is fine.

Prompto

Banned
I'm a fan of Lord, Miller, and Forte so Im in. Really wondering how the premise is going to extend for an entire series though. He's gotta find other people eventually right?

Dominator

Considering
how many people are cast on this show, there's absolutely no way he's actually the last man on Earth, which is fine.
I haven't looked a damn thing after that first trailer so I didn't know that lol good to know.

I also just noticed Forte's characters name is Phil Miller which is clever.

TheOddOne

Considering
I avoided mentioning the various castings, because, well you know, for surprise. Also none of the marketing so far has included them in any capacity, so best to let people be surprised as who shows up.

Considering

I thought I read there were going to be flashbacks. Not saying there won't eventually be people, but I think that's where some of these people will show up.

Considering

As far as I can tell from Wikipedia,
all the other people are cast are women. So he may very well be the last man on Earth.

Do we know if full episodes will be available on Hulu? They have clips and excerpts right now, but that's not always indicative of them putting up the whole show when it releases.

This reminds me that I still need to watch Nebraska.

Do we know if full episodes will be available on Hulu? They have clips and excerpts right now, but that's not always indicative of them putting up the whole show when it releases.

This reminds me that I still need to watch Nebraska.
From what I can tell, all of FOX's currently airing shows are available on Hulu, so it should be.

------------

Really looking forward to this, hopefully it doesn't fall to the OddOne OT curse!

TheOddOne

- EW: The Last Man on Earth review (A-)
The first two episodes demonstrate huge imagination for entertaining scenarios that express Phil’s existential struggle. There are things we can’t discuss here for spoiler reasons, things that take the show deeper, that beg reflection on the point and value of societal rules and norms. If Team Forte can sustain the ingenuity, surprises, and craftsmanship, The Last Man on Earth, a profoundly funny comedy about the least funny of things—loneliness—might live long and prosper.

Nice, will watch for sure. Love Forte, Macgruber is easily one of the best snl movies to come out in a long time. His work with Tim and Eric is great too. Hope this does well.

vypek

I think it was IGN that gave this a good rating. Not sure. Just surprised at that in general even though I take their reviews with grains of salt. The idea behind it seems stupid to me but I'll check it out. I'm stunned they would give this two episode premiere and also have it displace Bob's Burgers to follow up Family Guy

TheOddOne

One hour special series premiere today:
Season 1: episode 1 "Alive in Tucson" & episode 2 "The Elephant in the Room"

After a deadly virus sweeps the planet, Phil Miller searches for survivors; as he returns to his home town, Phil starts to think he must be the last human on earth.

A friend of mine got to see the first three episodes and loved them. Sounds like the show is a bit out there, so hopefully it picks up the audience it seems to deserve in spite of the outlandish premise. I'm looking forward to watching tonight.

TheOddOne

A friend of mine got to see the first three episodes and loved them. Sounds like the show is a bit out there, so hopefully it picks up the audience it seems to deserve in spite of the outlandish premise. I'm looking forward to watching tonight.
Awesome.

Plissken

I rarely tune in to live TV anymore, but after Lego Movie and the Jump Street films, I'm in for anything Lord and Miller have a hand in. Plus, the teasers look funny, and I need a good comedy in my life right now.

Kilvin

Bumping since this starts in 10 and I was looking for the OT.

Hopefully doesn't die going against walking dead. I'm pvring it, will watch after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom