• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Boss Says Ghost Rider Was Too Expensive for 22 Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll miss this show when it inevitably gets canceled. If it was a CW show it would have been able to go on for longer.

If S1 was exactly the same I absolutely doubt it.

One of the worst seasons ever of a tv series that wasted time dancing around 17 episodes until the Winter Soldier tie-in.
While at the time it was cool, now it seems like
giphy.gif

That was before legitimate stuff like Flash, Gotham and the Netflix series had come out.

Honestly seems like the show was just created for the twist because besides that it took them a good while to turn it around and make the series its own thing.

TDLink

Eh, maybe. But the press for Inhumans in THR, NYT, etc., and the IMAX partnership in itself, definitely implied that they were trying to position the series as something more akin to an HBO or Netflix prestige drama than a standard ABC series, and those do have much longer production schedules.

Either way, they would also normally hire a showrunner who isn't busy wrapping up another project.

Even if they're taking that kind of timetable with it, they still have plenty of time to work with. They could start shortly after Iron Fist debuts in March and have loads of time to film all 8 episode prior to any airing. It's not a big deal if the last one or two are still in production prior to the first one airing either...which still happens frequently with cable shows.

Netflix mandates everything releases on the same day, which is the bigger reason those projects start longer in advance than any other necessity.

Stuff like Westworld on HBO have long production times because of several production halts and rewrites. Game of Thrones has long production due to the multitude of different locations and the compulsion to film these big battle episodes each season which take 5 weeks minimum to film.

Inhumans doesn't have to deal with these scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom