• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘He was born this way’: Martin Shkreli’s attorney offers defense as trial opens.

I mean yeah most narcissistic people with Hardline personality disorders are born that way

We don't excuse them when they commit crimes tho.

Duxxy3

The Lady Gaga defense from here on.

And I don't think it's going to work. He's a piece of shit.

Servbot24

Banned
You don't congratulate evil geniuses for being genius, you condemn them for being evil.

Not that I find Shkreli to be a genius.

Condom

Prosecuted for misleading investors, no new legislation to stop the system encouraging the actual problem lol this world

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
"if the universe is deterministic, my client had no other option except to commit this crime"

Beartruck

I'm not sure it takes "genius" to change the price of a drug so that it costs 50x as much. I'd call it brazen, cocky and stupid though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
How has no one posted the drawing from the courtroom?

104558673-Shkreli-openings-Brafman-and-Shkreli.530x298.jpg

Skhreli is a real life cartoon character.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I like how even the drawing has his stupid smirk. The guy just doesn't give a shit about anything as long as he gets attention.

Daraprim haters you know that patients who can’t afford it will get a discount, or get it for free? Or are you just hating him to feel better of yourself? Forget about the big pharma companies that do exactly same shit, but without face to hate, we got supervillain here to focus on. lol

Going to be interesting to see what happens with this lawsuit, Martin is so polarising personality.

Verelios

Daraprim haters you know that patients who can’t afford it will get a discount, or get it for free? Or are you just hating him to feel better of yourself? Forget about the big pharma companies that do exactly same shit, but without face to hate, we got supervillain here to focus on. lol

Going to be interesting to see what happens with this lawsuit, Martin is so polarising personality.
So...are you stanning for him here? Or just playing devil's advocate?

I remember watching a livestream of him and how he was trying to portray it as something good that he did and people in the stream were missing up to him like there was no tomorrow.

I haven't been following the news that much, so what is this trial about?

HarryKS

He is the incarnation of the American dream.

He truly is. Saying this without an ounce of irony.

When you read up about his early years, you gotta respect his achievements.

Mato

I'm ok with that thinking. But he should be jailed for it. Not in order to reform or punish him but to protect society from him.

If he was autistic, he'd have still defrauded investors. I'm not down with the idea of having autism used as a justification for a person to do something bad.

Dynasty

I'm ok with that thinking. But he should be jailed for it. Not in order to reform or punish him but to protect society from him.

Lol. The trial isnt about his character. He shouldnt be jailed for being a smug prick.

If he has broken the law then send him to prison.

massoluk

Banned
I'm sick of people equating wealth with smart. It could just mean that I'm not enough an asshole with lack of concious to screw other people

Oh so it's settled then, he's a sociopath unfit to run such a large company. He should be replaced and the drug should go back to 13.80 if not lower.

Case closed :)

Top Bottom