• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martin Shkreli aka 'Pharma Bro' convicted at securities fraud trial

Gattsu25

Banned
(Mandatory) Play this in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

New York —Martin Shkreli was convicted of three of eight counts of securities fraud Friday.

He faces up to 20 years in prison, though legal experts say he is likely to get much less.

Shkreli was dressed in a short-sleeve polo shirt and shook his head in apparent disbelief when the first guilty verdict was read. His father in the front row put his head in his hands.

“Rarely has a white-collar criminal defendant evoked hatred and scorn from public in the way Shkreli has. Shkreli’s willingness to lie, step on people, flaunt his wealth and look down on others made him a villain that many wanted to see go down in flames,” said James Goodnow, an attorney with Fennemore Craig, a corporate defense firm.

Prosecutors argued that Shkreli lied to investors in two hedge funds and the pharmaceutical company Retrophin, all of which he founded. Shkreli told investors he graduated from Columbia University, that his hedge fund was large and profitable, and that he had hired an auditor, they said. These were all lies, according to prosecutors.

Shkreli — who has been nicknamed “Pharma Bro” on social media — burst onto the national scene last year after raising the price of a vital drug used by AIDS patients by 5,000 percent and then publicly lamenting that he didn’t raise it more. He appeared to relish in the largely negative backlash, smirking his way through a congressional hearing on rising drug prices and battling reporters on Twitter.

Much more at the source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-day-of-deliberations/?utm_term=.49535ec58194

I can safely say: good. This man is truly one of the most rotten examples of a person I have witnessed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Sephzilla

*Clicks YT link*

*Reads article*

4hZXt2o.gif

This is good

Tagyhag

He faces up to 20 years in prison, though legal experts say he is likely to get much less.

You don't need to be a legal expert to know that.

People forget that he still has money.

the guy is a scumbag,

but I am going to miss some of his finance trading videos, the dude was a genius when it came to stock trading, I'm not going to lie

but still, good riddance

Seik

Banned
Rot in jail you motherfucker, I hope you live hell there.

Music is very adequate when reading the article, I agree! :D

LiK

He called it a "witch hunt" at a presser after the trial. Guilty people sure like to use that phrase.

OK, hang with me for a second. Except for the Pharma stuff which I found despicable, the small stuff like buying the Wu Tang album and The Life of Pablo so only he exclusively owned it made me chuckle. He's a real life troll and the closest thing we'll come to a Bond Villain.

Fuck him for everything else though.

Ovid

Dude is really good at teaching finance on YouTube. He should spend more time doing that but he won't.

He was under house arrest so he pretty much had no choice but to do it.

Dude is really good at teaching finance on YouTube. He should spend more time doing that but he won't.

He was under house arrest so he pretty much had no choice but to do it.

that's what I said

he is one of the best expositors of Finance I have ever seen on youtube, and his knowledge of economics and the market is first class

he just had to become a greedy scumbag

Breads

Banned
Good. This sack of shit followed through on one of the most vile... most unthinkable business moves of late.

Top Bottom