• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martin Shkreli aka 'Pharma Bro' convicted at securities fraud trial

steven85

Banned
I meant the fact that he is live streaming this to a couple thousand people :D

He said he doesn't think he will go to prison.
His lawyer will some how make the argument his negative light in the media should count as time served. Lmao

Edit: he wants to lowkey serve like 6 months for street cred

Unpopular Opinion Incoming:

He gets more hate than he deserves.

Of all the public figures that are despised by the masses, I think he did a pretty good job of earning it based solely on the HIV drug price gouging and how he responded to the criticism for it. He's a terrible human being through and through. Unfortunately, he revels in the hatred. He just loves the attention.

Bleepey

At risk of this being the Mandela effect, but does anyone remember the TV show In the house? Well I vaguely remember the character who is Carlton in everything but name finding himself in jail or a white collar prison with bankers and shit and he is being let free and dragged out as he is about to get stock tips and advice on how to get away with deceitful shit. I imagine that to be Shkreli, to come out worst and he will think he has street cred

riotous

Banned
Exactly. There are way worse people doing way worse things in corporate America and in Washington. They just didn't buy the Wu Tang album.

This dude was hated way before buying the Wu Tang album; and loads of people who hate him don't care or know about that aspect.

Xe4

Banned
This dude was hated way before buying the Wu Tang album; and loads of people who hate him don't care or know about that aspect.
He rose to infamy by jacking an AIDS medicine price up by like a billion percent. There are people that do worse shit, but not many.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I've followed Shkreli for years, and I've never heard this "Pharma Bro" thing until today.

It makes you wonder, is that poster just unaware of the real primary reason the man is so despised or does he really think that price gouging for life saving HIV drugs isn't so bad.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
ITT: people showing more sympathy for a guy who gouged AIDS patients than those patients he fucked over.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Estoc

ITT: people showing more sympathy for a guy who gouged AIDS patients than those patients he fucked over.

He bought the Wu Tang album to troll their fans, top kek.

What has AIDS patients do to troll people? Nothing, they should be serving time instead of our troll hero.

/s

Guess Who

Banned
Unpopular Opinion Incoming:

He gets more hate than he deserves.

if i ever become an unrepentant asshole who cheerfully profiteers off of the ill and suffering while publicly laughing about it, harasses female journalists on twitter, mocks trans people while comparing them to pedophiles, and get convicted of three counts of fraud, i'm glad people on the internet will defend me

Its interesting how both sides paint it as a win. Mr. Shrekli says he was acquitted of 5 of the 8 counts, the most serious ones which would have led to far greater jail time AND much more money paid back in restitution - LOTS more. The prosecution says they are happy that they got a conviction on 3 of the counts and that he will be fined a certain amount.

The max sentence he could get for the 3 charges is 20 years, but with no criminal record its more likely he will get 3-5 years, half served if he behaves in prison. He will also have to pay some fines but it'll be a fairly small amount, especially considering how many millions he has squirreled away.

Sentencing and the amount he has to pay should be decided in the next few days I believe, he is still out on $5m bail and was live streaming from his house earlier I think.

Nokterian

It is baffling..same people who would say give trump a chance!

Well look where we are now..fuck this guy gauged the prices for aids patients who needed the medicine the most.

Everyone thinks people are mad because he bought a wu-tang album? Fuck no this piece of shit deserves to be in jail for what he has done towards life threatening medicine needed for people who relay on it. He deserves punishment and he got it.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Rot prison asshole.

giphy.gif
Screen_Shot_2012-07-18_at_6.19.46_PM.png

Looks like the snitch from recess.

Top Bottom