• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martin Shkreli aka 'Pharma Bro' convicted at securities fraud trial

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
giphy.gif
He could play the part of Martin a film adaptation.
Has the same look as if he wonders did someone smell his fart

Ovid

that's what I said

he is one of the best expositors of Finance I have ever seen on youtube, and his knowledge of economics and the market is first class

he just had to become a greedy scumbag

Yup, I try to watch his uploads every week. He usually streams everyday.

He's actually on right now talking about the case.

SirNinja

I hope the judge gives him just one year in prison.

...and then increases the length of his sentence by 5,000% just because he can.

Should be in the Smithsonian. Not even kidding.

Smart guy, waste of a good brain who preferred being an asshole and con man. He's got some mental issues for sure, but that doesn't excuse what he did/does.

He's just a capitalist who got caught. There's nothing special about him at all.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I doubt anyone cares about this one guy when 99% of pharma corps get away with the shit they do. He's just a convenient face

FStubbs

Put him in general population. For a long time.

That's what we do to murderers.

I doubt anyone cares about this one guy when 99% of pharma corps get away with the shit they do. He's just a convenient face

I'm sure there are bigger monsters in big pharma (and in big business in general) so we get the ones we can.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
He just went through the United States Sentencing Guidelines and concluded that the absolute most he could get based on his offenses are 24 months, but he probably looking at zero to six months.

What a weird thing to do right after being convicted.

I mean, I'd want to know too.

steven85

Banned
He just went through the United States Sentencing Guidelines and concluded that the absolute most he could get based on his offenses are 24 months, but he probably looking at zero to six months.

What a weird thing to do right after being convicted.
I don't think it's that weird if you look at the conviction from his point of view. If anything he's probably relieved it's over with. Now he can do his time and press on when he gets out. He knows he has his money waiting for him.

Top Bottom