• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martin Shkreli aka 'Pharma Bro' convicted at securities fraud trial

LiK

https://apnews.com/440dc0bb5b464b1dbd8aa7714f779c48

NEW YORK (AP) — Martin Shkreli, the eccentric former pharmaceutical CEO notorious for a price-gouging scandal and for his snide “Pharma Bro” persona on social media, was convicted Friday on federal charges he deceived investors in a pair of failed hedge funds.

A Brooklyn jury deliberated five days before finding Shkreli guilty on three of eight counts. He had been charged with securities fraud, conspiracy to commit securities fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Enjoy prison!

wqHte4R.jpg

noquarter

Do the right thing judge and jury, make part of the sentencing putting that Wu Tang album online.

And fuck this guy. Hope he gets the max sentence possible.

Xe4

Banned
Eat shit Shkreli. Scumbag of the Earth with the worlds most punchable face. I hope he faces the maximum sentence he can.

Saganator

This guy deserves to have bad things to happen to him, but he'll probably continue to skate through life. If he see's a cell, I doubt it will be for longer than a couple months. His parents should issue a public apology for his existence.

I don't know enough about the case to have a real opinion on it, but hot damn Shkreli seemed to actively try to get himself convicted the way he acted during the trial.

Zaventem

He's partially right people are using him as a scapegoat. Also he got fatter, that stress got to him. Stupid smirk is still there though.

Allforce

So what kind of realistic disappointing sentence are we looking at?

Likely a fine and probation of some duration.

If jail time then it's going to be at Club Fed and he'll play tennis and have access to a law library and internet every day with other non-violent white-collar criminals. Nothing more than a year I'd suppose just to send a message.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
He did seem to piss off everyone in court by being a jackass though, so maybe he won't get off with something disappointingly light.

Crazy to see that he is 'delighted' by this verdict, I guess it is a win in some way that you didn't get convicted on all counts.

I would be shocked if he actually goes to prison.

And I'll be interested to see what "prison" he ends up in. It'll probably look like a resort to most of us.

Martha Stewart prison.

Top Bottom