• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martin Shkreli (Pharma Bro): The Musical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

It’s set to premiere in July.
Former drug executive and “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli sparked outrage among patients, medical societies, and lawmakers after his company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, raised the price of the drug Daraprim by more than 5,000% to $750 a pill. Later he was arrested on fraud charges that he ran his investment funds and companies almost like a Ponzi scheme.

Now he’s set to become a musical theater character.

On Tuesday, a pair of playwrights began raising funds for a musical about the life of Shkreli, the New York Post reports. Tentatively titled Martin Shkreli’s Game: How Bill Murray Joined the Wu-Tang Clan,” the satire centers on Shkreli’s $2 million purchase of the sole copy of the Wu-Tang Clan album Once Upon a Time in Shaolin (over which he was subsequently sued by an artist whose work appeared on the packaging).

In the heist musical, Murray teams up with the Wu-Tang Clan to burgle the album from Shkreli. Its title refers to rumors that Murray was allowed by the album’s sale contract to steal back the $2 million album. (He wasn’t.)

http://fortune.com/2016/06/28/transcript-donald-trump-speech-jobs/

Won't this just feed his ego?

Feeding his ego is not something to fear. He is a human and he will find other ways to satisfy his wretched ways and the super massive black hole in his heart.

Entertaining ourselves at his expense and manipulating what he means as a symbol, contrary to him thinking he has control over it, is not just a powerful tool to show how little of a human being he is, it's also a fun ruse that he will only understand in his deathbed, because that's how smart he is. Or isn't.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Feeding his ego is not something to fear. He is a human and he will find other ways to satisfy his wretched ways and the super massive black hole in his heart.

Entertaining ourselves at his expense and manipulating what he means as a symbol, contrary to him thinking he has control over it, is not just a powerful tool to show how little of a human being he is, it's also a fun ruse that he will only understand in his deathbed, because that's how smart he is. Or isn't.

Or he will somehow acquire the rights and spin it off as a passionate incredibly well written retort of his critics that actually boosts his status as an underdog millionaire fighting against the criticism of his peers and the jealousy of his rivals. It breaks Broadway records, the cast recording goes qunituple platinum and It will win all the Tony Awards.

Squire

Banned

Damn :O

SeanC

Why keep him relevant and in public consciousness? I haven't thought about the dude since and nobody really gave a shit until now.

Playwrights are desperate for ideas. Their scenario has the depth and vision of a drunk bro at a bar.

lenovox1

That's exactly what I would be saying if I was that smart.

But, as I am not, I can only express my emotions in gif form...

RSwpFDd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom