• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 5, Part 2 – S6 premieres Oct 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why can't all the "slow" episodes be like this?

I'm glad Glen finally had a good moment, dude has been spinning his wheels for awhile.

Carol is the real MVP though, definitely being a wolf in sheep's clothing.

antonz

I would guess the Congresswomen is so eager for Ricks group because they are fighters. Lets not forget Noah led them to what was supposed to be a safe walled in community but we saw at the back people had busted through the walls then ravaged the place chopping people up brutally etc.

Going to wager Alexandria at the very least has been probed before by bad people so now Alexandria has its little fighting force just in time for the real attack

Volimar

I would guess the Congresswomen is so eager for Ricks group because they are fighters. Lets not forget Noah led them to what was supposed to be a safe walled in community but we saw at the back people had busted through the walls then ravaged the place chopping people up brutally etc.

Going to wager Alexandria at the very least has been probed before by bad people so now Alexandria has its little fighting force just in time for the real attack

Don't forget that the people who carved the walker heads are still out there. They might be the threat to Alexandria.

CorvoSol

I love Michonne, but at the moment Carol is the person who knows what's going down in this town. She's like "I'm going to go back to pretending I'm a sweet, middle-aged homebody and not like I will fucking burn a cannibal cult to the goddamn ground on my own." Meanwhile Daryl doesn't seem to get that part of her act at all.

Also why the fuck did the guys who were picking which of Rick's crew to take out for a run choose Everybody Hates Chris? His leg is still fucked up, yo.

antonz

Don't forget that the people who carved the walker heads are still out there. They might be the threat to Alexandria.

Yep and when you consider just how good Alexandria is with electricity, running water etc its loss would be more devastating than any other yet. Its real civilization and to just start getting used to it only to have it all ripped away

CorvoSol

Yep and when you consider just how good Alexandria is with electricity, running water etc its loss would be more devastating than any other yet. Its real civilization and to just start getting used to it only to have it all ripped away

I'm still really skeptical of how all that runs. Lady claimed solar power n shit but I'm expecting zombie hamster wheel.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Zombie hamster wheel = shark jumped.

My guess is that it ends badly because of everyone being too soft and the gang being unable to resist outside invaders. If there's some BS zombie trope I will maybe quit watching.

(Comic spoilers)
In the comics, Alexandria had been dealing with scavengers and other communities for a while, right? That's probably why Deanna wants people like Rick. As fighters and protectors who can do things that the sheltered residents of Alexandria can't

MaddenNFL64

Rick is still stone cold without the beard, lovin' it!

Also, Michonne & Rick have connected so well, I love those two together.

ElyrionX

Brilliant episode. Love Carol's act, can't believe I am saying this but she's slowly becoming my favourite character. And that last scene with the Ricktator, goddamn.

I think that
Enid is a spy for Negan's much larger group and he will be in the season finale.
Anyone else agree with me?

Also,
I don't think they will portray Negan as a total Zany comicbook psycho but as a character similar to Rick, with his group and everything, and he got too strong and hardened and him and his group feel invincible.
Ya'll feel me?

I think that
Enid is a spy for Negan's much larger group and he will be in the season finale.
Anyone else agree with me?
No.
Too soon. A lot more stuff to get through before Negan. The group adjusting, Rick as constable, the scavengers, the herd, rebuilding Alexandria, Rick becoming leader, etc

No.
A lot more stuff to get through before Negan. The group adjusting, Rick as constable, the scavengers, the herd, rebuilding Alexandria, Rick becoming leader, etc

This shit won't follow the comics exactly and will also get totally fast tracked to maybe 1 or 2 episodes for the finale. I atleast think they will
tease negan

This shit won't follow the comics exactly and will also get totally fast tracked to maybe 1 or 2 episodes for the finale. I atleast think they will
tease negan
Idk. Reading the summaries for the remaining episodes,
it sounds like the scavengers and herd might be in the finale and it sounds like the group adjusting to normalcy will last a few episodes. I hope they don't rush Negan. The show should make Alexandria feel like a new home first, a place worth dying for and defending, before introducing him IMO

ItIsOkBro

Carol acting innocent was brilliant. I thought it was weird how she was struggling to get the assault rifle off her then I later realized that was all part of the act as well.

graffix13

I enjoyed this episode. I love that the group is mistrusting (rightfully so) and so are we as viewers (rightfully so).

I don't read the comics but I really hope that Alexandria is a good place. At least for awhile.

ElTopo

Banned
Another pipe-laying episode. It was okay. I've read comic so I kinda' know what to expect. Next week's episode should be interesting.

This is right around the time the comic kinda went to shit so I am curious if the show can make something more of this setup.

Enco

Show has reached a point I haven't in the comics, so it should be good from here. I have a general idea of what happens but I'm still excited.

They should have more hidden weapons though. Rick finding his missing is pretty dodgy.

I really liked this week's episode. Rick's paranoia is so infectious. Kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. All these black bars though. D: I have to catch up on my reading so I'm not so tempted.

I've also been rewatching from the beginning--first time since the original airing and I had forgotten how different the walkers were at the start. Smarter (?), abler, faster in a lot of instances. That aside, it's been fun revisiting the early stuff to get a good reminder on how the group has evolved. Especially after watching scenes like last night when Rick and Carl calmly faced down that little group of walkers with their knives.

mattxt08

Banned
I have avoided all blacked out spoilers and havent read the comics, but can someone drop a non spoilery hint on where we're heading?

Great episode. It's crazy even though we already seen Woodbury, a peaceful community is still weird to see. Love all the unnecessary tension because how fucked up everyone is in the head. Glen would have gotten his ass beat from that dude if it was season 1. Haha

So many ladies want the Rick D, Carl's hormones are going out of control, Daryl misses shitting in the woods, and Rick is still batshit insane. Play his game or you're out. Love it.

I hope Alexandria gets a nice run, rushing into more wars and running would be lame.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Carol acting innocent was brilliant. I thought it was weird how she was struggling to get the assault rifle off her then I later realized that was all part of the act as well.

It was odd to me, because someone who is a weak member of the group would not have that much firepower on them. A handgun at most.

Also, the walls are set up to keep zombies out, but not people, the angled poles are perfect to shimmy up and over. I see that coming in to play.

rjinaz

Didn't guy at the end on the porch say the girl who cut your hair is my wife?

Yep, but then directly after they cut to Rick suddenly wakening up as if having a bad dream. It could indicate he just was dreaming that conversation. It is weird that the girl never mentioned she was married especially as much as she talks about her family. Unless she hates him.

I like it too, I think she'll have everybody fooled but the leader. She's like a deadly viper lying in the wait. In the meantime, people won't think much of her, probably acting more like themselves around her. She'll get to see the real side of people. It's a good play.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Man I was shouting NOOOOO when Rick shaved that beautiful beard, he went from a boss to a baby within seconds. :(

styl3s

It was odd to me, because someone who is a weak member of the group would not have that much firepower on them. A handgun at most.

Also, the walls are set up to keep zombies out, but not people, the angled poles are perfect to shimmy up and over. I see that coming in to play.
Given how weak she presented herself one is to assume the people around her now thinks she was just carrying the gun for the group. I mean, you look at her now and you see a gun like that on you the first though in your head is can she even fire that thing? I am twice as big and have struggled to fire a rifle smaller than that IRL.

whenever an "outside" mentions the walkers as "dead heads" I keep thinking this...

music-Old-Hippies-200x300.jpg

Loke13

Brilliant episode. Love Carol's act, can't believe I am saying this but she's slowly becoming my favourite character. And that last scene with the Ricktator, goddamn.
She should have become your favorite when she single handily took out of the Terminus compound. If you would have told me back in Season 1/2 that Carol was gonna become someone not to be fucked with I would of laughed in your face.

Ensirius

I loved the tension on this episode. It does not feel like "farmhouse2.0" at all.
And I believe it is because of how much the characters have evolved from being strong to absolute badass killing machines.

The best part about the episode for me was how both Rick and son had the need to go outside. It is what they are used to. Not playing videogames and showering.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Given how weak she presented herself one is to assume the people around her now thinks she was just carrying the gun for the group. I mean, you look at her now and you see a gun like that on you the first though in your head is can she even fire that thing? I am twice as big and have struggled to fire a rifle smaller than that IRL.

Fair enough. But I think when entering a new zone you would have your best weapons out and carried by those who can best use them. So it would not be with a carrier, but with a user. Not only that but the spy that watched them for a while would know perfectly well she is quite capable.

It's a little stretchy but benefit of the doubt I guess. Still an interesting dynamic they have set up, with her meek attitude and access everywhere, Darryl's rebelious one to attract attention and Rick's cop approach.

Still surprises me there were so few people in that town. And why sis they expel three men?

I loved the tension on this episode. It does not feel like "farmhouse2.0" at all.
And I believe it is because of how much the characters have evolved from being strong to absolute badass killing machines.

The best part about the episode for me was how both Rick and son had the need to go outside. It is what they are used to. Not playing videogames and showering.

but Karl DID choose to play videoganes

Rewatching the episode and I realized that Rick talking about who you let in, how it's all about playing on weakness, measuring by whay they can take...he was describing his group

Playing on Alexandria's weakness of hospitality and naivety, working the angle of being "integrated" to measure up the town and its people. And Rick measured Alexandria by what his group can take and it's the whole town

JaseMath

Prediction (for those that've read the comics):

Daryl, unable to find his place in Alexandria, leaves. He reappears next season, seemingly defecting to Negan's Savior crew. Negan is one of the exiled three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom