• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifEndz

Hopefully the second half is the start of the all out war story. Not a bad episode but JDM is still a terrrible Negan.

Jarrod38

What?! He's been great. Just wish he didn't have the same size arms as Carl.

Should order some jerk arms.
tumblr_inline_nj4usswAlO1svu8ku.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
in this scene, everyone's thinking "how on earth can we win this without Eugene?"

Magic bullets in Rick's gun.

That said, I'm laughing at the Porch Dick 2.0 (Deanna's Son) got gutted by Negan for trying to be a snake in the grass. I figured he'd kill Rosita as well, but I guess he got what he wanted in the end.

We'll see who Boot McBootface is at the end of next season since it feels like they're going to kill Negan off next season if the Governor is anything to go by.

Comic Spoilers for this story arc:
I'm so glad they keep referencing the prison because Negan is likely going in there. The thought of JDM becoming a long term regular makes me giddy.

this whole season has felt kinda slow/fillery to me, but tonight's episode was good. the first 90 minute episode that felt like it should've been extra long

bring on the all out fuckin war

Angry Fork

Really weak episode imo, the characters killed aren't important enough to justify Rick's sudden revelation/awakening. Negan needed to kidnap his kid or something similar. Basically nothing happened as usual except teasing for future events, stretching things out for ad money. Negan's still cool though.

Aww yiss into the Midlands. Gimme dat Widow.
that show is like live action anime.

And that's not a terrible thing.

Really weak episode imo, the characters killed aren't important enough to justify Rick's sudden revelation/awakening. Negan needed to kidnap his kid or something similar. Basically nothing happened as usual except teasing for future events, stretching things out for ad money. Negan's still cool though.
Aaron getting beaten. 2 more deaths. His people are going out of control (carl/michonne/rosita). And the kidnapping of Eugene. This was a good time to snap out of it and bring everyone together.

Lothar

Banned

Yes and the lack of reason for the transformation kind of makes the whole season pointless. Glenn wasn't enough to make him want to fight Negan but Spencer and Olivia were enough? lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aww yiss into the badlands. Gimme dat Widow.

I'm super excited for that coming back just for the wire-fu. So good.

I don't think it's them, per se. It's just that with Negan, he's gonna take and take more and more. Ask he told Rick: "This shit right here (Spencer and Rosita's uprising) is burying further in the hole." I think that "hole" wouldn't get filled and Negan would just continue to put Pressure on Rick. The no-name deaths aren't a factor, it's that Rick knows eventually he does have to fight Negan to save Carl and Judith and the community.

this episode was waaaay better than the rest of the season.

and maybe spencer's death wasn't enough to make rick snap but olivia's was. just coz she's not important character doesn't mean she wasn't important in alexandria.

Is the maggie eating the apple/carol receiving (stealing) fruit supposed to signify the expulsion from paradise? I keep looking for subtext but sometimes it's not really there. By itself the Maggie instance her asking "you going to do anything with this place or not?" Signaling her intent to run for president.

HeySeuss

It doesn't matter the importance of the characters. He realized the same thing as the kingdom guy realized. Status quo will only last for so long before someone fucks it up. He can't sit by and wonder if the next time will be someone he loves.

cLOUDo

Doesn't make sense.
Carl, Rosita, michonne, Spencer
They were just stupid, Negan do nothing wrong.
And just now Rick wanna fight then back?

Anyway
#TeamNegan

They weren't complying at all. Both Carl and Rosita tried to kill Negan and got off better than they should have.
I mean Rick complying isn't saving lives. Michonne, Carl, and Rosita going off the reservation, Aaron getting a beating that very well could have killed him for no reason. Rick isn't convincing everyone it's time to fight, they're already at that point. He's joining their fight because him being passive isn't going to work.

It doesn't matter the importance of the characters. He realized the same thing as the kingdom guy realized. Status quo will only last for so long before someone fucks it up. He can't sit by and wonder if the next time will be someone he loves.

I mean Rick complying isn't saving lives. Michonne, Carl, and Rosita going off the reservation, Aaron getting a beating that very well could have killed him for no reason. Rick isn't convincing everyone it's time to fight, they're already at that point. He's joining their fight because him being passive isn't going to work.

Agreed.

Why am I supposed to be pumped up now for them to fight back after today? No one major died, and tonight's deaths were completely preventable. Rosita fucked up big time but apparently it's no big deal to Rick or anyone else? Negan has been legitimately generous in the face of 2 people botching easy chances to kill him. I'm confused.

I deserve this for watching and should have known not to expect anything that made sense.

Lothar

Banned
Why am I supposed to be pumped up now for them to fight back after today? No one major died, and tonight's deaths were completely preventable. Rosita fucked up big time but apparently it's no big deal to Rick or anyone else? Negan has been legitimately generous in the face of 2 people botching easy chances to kill him. I'm confused.

I deserve this for watching and should have known not to expect anything that made sense.

Rick literally should be thanking Negan and meaning it this time for bringing his stupid son back unharmed.

Doesn't make sense.
Carl, Rosita, michonne, Spencer
They were just stupid, Negan do nothing wrong.
And just now Rick wanna fight then back?

Anyway
#TeamNegan

He just realized there is no peace, even if he capitulates. Negan was just going to bleed them and take what and who he wants until they are all gone. So fuck it, might as well go fighting if they are going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom