• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching old episodes of TWD and man its crazy to see how much has changed. Andrew Lincoln's accent really sticks out a lot now. Plus seeing Daryl with short hair.

Dantooine

Banned
My girlfriend and I sat and watched this last night. Neither if us is a fan if the show, mainly because if the awful writing that passes for "character". A typical episode will have an event happen to someone, then in the next scene characters will talk about what happened, ensuring the audience knows how to interpret what happened and what it all means. This show is overwritten, and last nights show was the most overwritten of all. Characters are developed by what they do, not what they say - just like in real life.

Jeez, that shot of everyone having dinner together... I'm glad Glenn got offed as he had a really cheap escape last season. Negan doesn't work for me as he talks too damn much. I was hoping beyond all hope that the kid would die as he's the worst of the bunch, but no, they won't even slice his arm.

I know a lot of people are fans of the show. I was, I still think season 1 is great, but it went off the rails in season 2 when they got stuck at the farm for an eternity. The show can be great, but too often turns into a poorly written soap. It's like they started off wanting to make a cool zombie show, but now they think they're writing the Sopranos. The zombies aren't really any threat, they just a backdrop now. But how many times can our plucky group encounter another group, fight and survive. Rinse and repeat. This got old two seasons ago.

I found this opening episode pretty stupid. Overwrought in fact. The highlight was Rick hanging into the the zombie dangling from the bridge. I don't think we are going to bother watching the rest of the season ( that a lie, I just said this to my girlfriend and she hit me).

Alpende

Wait, don't you mean the opposite? That's the norm, isn't it? Most people watch without a camera pointing at them

I mean the reactions that go with having a camera pointing at you. I can't remember myself screaming at my TV because of something that happened in a show.

Savitar

POmvXZp.png

You should post his reply :)

poutmeter

I mean the reactions that go with having a camera pointing at you. I can't remember myself screaming at my TV because of something that happened in a show.

It's pretty common if someone is emotionally invested in a show/movie. My friends and parents are usually yelling at the TV for something or another. I personally do it, even get off the couch to pace sometimes.

It's pretty common if someone is emotionally invested in a show/movie. My friends and parents are usually yelling at the TV for something or another. I personally do it, even get off the couch to pace sometimes.

The fact that they've set up a camera for it, though, casts some doubt on the genuineness of the reactions, imo.

With another three days of viewing taken into account, “The Walking Dead” has shown it’s still the biggest thing on TV any way you slice (or bash) the numbers.

All told, an extra 3.8 million people watched the Season 7 premiere within three days. Around 2.5 million of them were in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic, and 2.5 million were in the 25-54 demographic. That brings the total viewership up to 20.8 million, with a gaudy 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demo and a 10.8 in the 25-54 demo.

(AMC makes a chunk of ad deals based on guarantees in the 25-54 demographic, making the ratings for that demo somewhat relevant, unlike on some other networks.)

Those numbers were up in the low double digits from the L+3 ratings for the Season 6 finale. And they beat the holy heck out of “Sunday Night Football,” the next-biggest thing on TV. However, “Sunday Night Football,” being a live sports telecast, doesn’t attract a whole lot of delayed viewers, so this is something of an apples-to-hand-grenades comparison. Besides which, “Walking Dead” doesn’t need three days of viewing to beat “SNF” in the 18-49 demo.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/walking-dead-season-7-premiere-ratings-20-million-1201903195/

Javaman

I hope these hadn't been posted before, but I can't stop cracking up at the dad jokes, especially how he repeats the joke at the end!

Carl_dad_jokes1.jpg

Carl_dad_jokes5.jpg

Carl_dad_jokes8.jpg

Carl_dad_jokes9.jpg

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Lmao at the post above.

Some one here or in the reaction clip said they never seen Rick like this when he was about to chop off his son arm, I thought about the scene above when he found out his wife died.

And I think that was the beginning of psycho, rage Rick.

I did a handful of those same reactions in the reaction clip myself when I watched the show.

The get back has to be brutal, I hope Negan suffers like shit.

Niwa

Just a quick question, are there massive spoilers, like screencaps from the show, flying around the web? Just came across something on facebook and I'd be fucking mad if that shit was real.

Cmagus

Just a quick question, are there massive spoilers, like screencaps from the show, flying around the web? Just came across something on facebook and I'd be fucking mad if that shit was real.

I'd avoid pretty much anything Walking Dead if you don't want spoilers they are everywhere. When I was binge watching the series even looking on imdb was spoilerish.

eFKac

You would have to avoid basically any website even loosely covering entertainment, since it's the biggest mainstream show in the world. And yeah a lot of spoilers were flying around since like 5 minutes after the show aired.

Tonkse

The picture of Norman is from a film he did before he starred in TWD if that's what you mean

Apt101

I am a full season behind but it's funny to read the reactions here and on social media.

Dudes have been dead for a long time in the comics and all readers knew Glen was doomed as soon as Negan was announced.

Anyways, this show was spinning its wheels for years. About time something noteworthy happened. Though as a
half-asian person, it makes me sad that we lost one. What do we have left? That Chinese girl in Agents of Shield?

SamuraiX-

Well yeah, with sports I sometimes scream as well. That's different to me, I'm probably not that 'emotionally' attached to a show while I do care about my favorite club.

You really can't understand people reacting that way to their favorite TV shows though? Whether it's athletes performing in sports or actors performing in TV shows, people can emotionally invest themselves in both regardless that at the end of the day none of it actually matters in the greater scope of things happening in their lives. It's all just entertainment.

eFKac

I am a full season behind but it's funny to read the reactions here and on social media.

Dudes have been dead for a long time in the comics and all readers knew Glen was doomed as soon as Negan was announced.

Anyways, this show was spinning its wheels for years. About time something noteworthy happened. Though as a
half-asian person, it makes me sad that we lost one. What do we have left? That Chinese girl in Agents of Shield?

Just like all the readers knew Tyreese was doomed as soon as Governor showed up at the prison?
Carol's suicide was really gruesome in the TV as well.
Also how the hell did Abraham get Lucilled, that's not how I remember it in the comics?

Point is, show can differ from the comic significantly, so the readers can have a loose, general idea what's going to happen, mostly related to events rather than characters. Just that this time it was pretty much 1 to 1.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 701: “The Day Will Come When You Won't Be”

DmYmNiA.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 701, “The Day Will Come When You Won't Be” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 701: “The Day Will Come When You Won't Be” - AMC
  • A Farewell to Fans from The Fallen of The Season 7 Premiere: Part 1 - AMC
  • A Farewell to Fans from The Fallen of The Season 7 Premiere: Part 2 - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 702, “The Well” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 702, “The Well” - AMC | International
  • Talking Dead: Memorable Moments - AMC
  • Talking Dead: Yvette Nicole Brown & Super-Fan Greg's Reactions - AMC
  • Talking Dead: Norman Reedus' Son Reviews Ep. 701 - AMC
  • Talking Dead: Lauren Cohan Drops the F-Bomb - AMC
  • Talking Dead: Feelin' Pretty Good - AMC
  • Talking Dead: It's Jeffrey Dean Morgan's World - AMC
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Ledsen

Jesus mf Christ that episode was pure torture. I feel like shit after watching that. Depressed. I seriously question my sanity for watching this show. Jesus :(

Jesus mf Christ that episode was pure torture. I feel like shit after watching that. Depressed. I seriously question my sanity for watching this show. Jesus :(

They gotta bring you down to this level before they can get you the feeling of sweet revenge

Not an actual spoiler:
they fucking better. C'mon Rick!

Savitar

https://youtu.be/qYnF-RIXsU0

This is really really...something.

Much like the Red Wedding in GoT I waited for years to see the reactions and I'm not normally a fan of such things....but certain cases like this....so good. Can't help but grin.

BTW the show was being aired when you know who found out what happens since that very issue came out, he actually wrote a letter in to Kirkman that got published in the comic, someone probably should find that to post it, it's a nice look back in time at someone who knew what was coming.

SamuraiX-

BTW the show was being aired when you know who found out what happens since that very issue came out, he actually wrote a letter in to Kirkman that got published in the comic, someone probably should find that to post it, it's a nice look back in time at someone who knew what was coming.

I completely forgot about that.

You-Know-Who's Letter to Robert Kirkman Addressing Issue 100 said:
Kirkman's Response said:

One of the best things ever. lol

That was brutal, and I'm old enough to have seen it all, but the cast were becoming too OPed. Time they got nerfed. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is great.

Savitar

The whole episode was brilliant. And JDM sold everything perfectly, how he could switch from one way to the next....exception. The people who make Supernatural must be kicking themselves not wanting him back after this.

Chumley

Banned
The whole episode was brilliant. And JDM sold everything perfectly, how he could switch from one way to the next....exception. The people who make Supernatural must be kicking themselves not wanting him back after this.

They've done such a good job at casting villains in this show. David Morrissey was one of the best actors they've ever had, JDM is on the same level.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Does anybody actually enjoy TWD anymore? Or do most people simply endure it.

I get the feeling that's why they killed off Abraham. Can't have someone making the show slightly fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom