• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

I hope Rosita gets fucking whacked. One thing I can't stand on this show is the self pity stages that so many characters go through.

As for the fake out Rick death scene, that wasn't for us it was for Michonne and I thought she pulled it off brilliantly. Which is pretty ominous for future episodes.

Jay Sosa

It's like the writers are trying their best to make the characters look as stupid as possible.
Here i am with 10 walkers to kill. Oh, wait, there's a deer. Heeeeeere deery deery. Oh, let me climb this giant wheel so i can see it better. Damn, this deer really looks bad. Oops, i'm falling and probably gonna die.

Please... i'm not even sure why i keep watching this :(

lol my thoughts exactly.

wtf was he doing?

It sucks that I spent so many hours watching this show.. but after reading people's reactions, I have no motivation to catch up with this season.

but that eugene episode. You at least have to watch that one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 7: 10.5 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 8: 10.6 million 5.1 A18-49

Episode 9: 12.0 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 10: 11.1 million 5.3 A18-49
Episode 11: 10.4 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 12: 10.2 million 4.7 A18-49

Amikami

Banned
If not for Rick and Michonne, I do realize I'd hate this episode but I enjoy the characters enough. God the deer comments are killing me though, with the fact that the deer looked so bad. I'm not sure if it's making me dislike the episode any more though. I think I just want to watch again out of amusement now tbh.

"Here deery deery" comment omg!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
wtf was he doing?

Earlier this season Michonne killed a deer for Alexandria. Rick made her give it to Negan. He wanted to make it up to her by getting her another one. When he was clearing the ferris wheel area of zombies, he spotted one. Feeling cocky, he decided he could take a break from killing zombies to shoot the deer before it ran away. He climbed the ferris wheel to gain a better vantage point, but then fell off. It was dumb, but people do dumb things when they're in love. Even in the zombie apocalypse.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Jay Sosa

Earlier this season Michonne killed a deer for Alexandria. Rick made her give it to Negan. He wanted to make it up to her by getting her another one. When he was clearing the ferris wheel area of zombies, he spotted one. Feeling cocky, he decided he could take a break from killing zombies to shoot the deer before it ran away. He climbed the ferris wheel to gain a better vantage point, but then fell off. It was dumb, but people do dumb things when they're in love. Even in the zombie apocalypse.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Right. Riiiiiight. Or he could've just shot the deer from where he was standing. Or since the deer apparently was deaf and blind (otherwise I would assume it would've been spooked by the zombies or the machinegun fire) he could've just walked right up to it and kill it with his axe.

Or wait for a better place and time to shoot a fucking deer. Cause apparently there's quite a lot of them running around carelessly without giving any fuck what's happening around them.

Btw..how come the saviors (or anyone else for that matter) didn't come across this place sooner?

Daffy Duck

Yup. That deer was the worst CG I've seen in recent years. Reminded me of this:

Also, yes, fuck the writers for doing that to Michonne. Fuck em. That is not her. She has emotions and shit, but she compartmentalizes. She's tough. This better not be the harbinger of them killing her off.

I dunno, it's up there with the boat from season 1 of Fear The Walking Dead.

Surfinn

Right. Riiiiiight. Or he could've just shot the deer from where he was standing. Or since the deer apparently was deaf and blind (otherwise I would assume it would've been spooked by the zombies or the machinegun fire) he could've just walked right up to it and kill it with his axe.

Or wait for a better place and time to shoot a fucking deer. Cause apparently there's quite a lot of them running around carelessly without giving any fuck what's happening around them.

Btw..how come the saviors (or anyone else for that matter) didn't come across this place sooner?
Yeah there's no way a deer or horse would ever sit there and be torn apart by walkers. They get spooked by one or two people around. Incredibly stupid that it was just sitting there eating then OOPS I let the zombies get me.

If they were that damn stupid people would hunt with knives, not guns. And tracking would mean nothing. And yeah a gunshot would have sent it running. Not that it would have ever been there in the first place though.

jett

D-Member
L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Lowest ratings since 2012.

That first episode really backfired on their asses. Unlike with the Red Wedding, this time people made good on their promise to stop watching lol. It's all about execution, and they stretched this shit in the most awful way.

Surfinn

That first episode really backfired on their asses. Unlike with the Red Wedding, this time people made good on their promise to stop watching lol. It's all about execution, and they stretched this shit in the most awful way.
Yup. I really don't think it was so much about the violence but the way they commercialized the entire situation. Red wedding worked because it happens pretty much out of nowhere. Negan worked in the comic because it came out of nowhere. They didn't wait months hanging onto WHO WAS IT?? When everyone eventually knew damn well who it was before it aired.

After the initial Glenn fiasco, people decided they were tired of being fucking jerked around. I honestly believe it had much more to do with that.

It really surprises me that they felt the need to the cheap shots at the audience when ratings were so high. Perplexing execution really.

jett

D-Member
Yup. I really don't think it was so much about the violence but the way they commercialized the entire situation. Red wedding worked because it happens pretty much out of nowhere. Negan worked in the comic because it came out of nowhere. They didn't wait months hanging onto WHO WAS IT?? When everyone eventually knew damn well who it was before it aired.

After the initial Glenn fiasco, people decided they were tired of being fucking jerked around. I honestly believe it had much more to do with that.

It really surprises me that they felt the need to the cheap shots at the audience when ratings were so high. Perplexing execution really.

Executives meddling thinking it's a good way to squeeze money/ratings out of their viewership?

They had the most insufferable, protracted cliffhanger, done seemingly just to have a six-month marketing campaign based entirely on it. I can't see any other reason.

Then the show comes back and again they stretch the shit out of the "reveal." Entirely unnecessary. But they had already fucked up by then. It's like they were really trying to piss off their audience.

Alpende

I liked how deaf the deer was. He just stood there minding his own business while people were shooting, zombies were shuffling and noise was being made. With my limited knowledge on deer I'd say a real one would get the hell away from there.

jond76

Banned
I liked how deaf the deer was. He just stood there minding his own business while people were shooting, zombies were shuffling and noise was being made. With my limited knowledge on deer I'd say a real one would get the hell away from there.

Deer grow used to things in the environment. If there are always zombies around then the deer won't care to much, unless the zombie comes after it. But if zombies are just milling around, deer wouldn't care. Not sure how it got caught, unless Rick shot it before the ferris wheel broke.

Lorcain

Rick and Michonne were having their own fun Legolas and Gimli moment when Rick had to ruin it by being a fucking moron.

It's like one of those choose your own adventure stories:

Leave my fighting position to go climb up the rickety old carnival equipment to shoot the deer

or

Finish killing off the small zombie horde trying to eat me, then shoot the deer

FrodoYolo

Banned

More like people didnt want to get spoiled because of that BS cliffhanger. We should look at last season's number for a better comparison.

More like people didnt want to get spoiled because of that BS cliffhanger. We should look at last season's number for a better comparison.

Yeah I see it as a combination of the cliffhanger and the fact that the season has been dull to people who don't find Negan or the group being at their lowest point entertaining. Can't say I blame em even though I liked the Negan episodes from the first half.

FrodoYolo

Banned
Yeah I see it as a combination of the cliffhanger and the fact that the season has been dull to people who don't find Negan or the group being at their lowest point entertaining. Can't say I blame em even though I liked the Negan episodes from the first half.
Yup. I like the Walking Dead, I even liked Season 2, but I am not a big fan of this season, probably my least favorite.

Jay Sosa

I think Negan (or rather JDMs performance) is one of the few reason the ratings haven't plummeted completely.

Imho he's the only bright spot in a truly terrible season.

Parch

I think Negan (or rather JDMs performance) is one of the few reason the ratings haven't plummeted completely.
Or the reason it has.
The Negan storyline is so unbelievable. His speeches are cringeworthy annoying, and I can't believe anybody in that world can just get away with it for so long without consequence. The sooner they wrap up that nonsense storyline, the better.

If The Walking Dead ratings are on the decline, it's because of Negan.

Executives meddling thinking it's a good way to squeeze money/ratings out of their viewership?

They had the most insufferable, protracted cliffhanger, done seemingly just to have a six-month marketing campaign based entirely on it. I can't see any other reason.

Then the show comes back and again they stretch the shit out of the "reveal." Entirely unnecessary. But they had already fucked up by then. It's like they were really trying to piss off their audience.
Of course the producers meddle with TWD. Its the biggest cashcow on TV. They should have killed Abe in the finale and Glen in the premier. I think the premiere with two grisly deaths turned a lot of people off.

Or the reason it has.
The Negan storyline is so unbelievable. His speeches are cringeworthy annoying, and I can't believe anybody in that world can just get away with it for so long without consequence. The sooner they wrap up that nonsense storyline, the better.

Negan is the only interesting thing left. Any episode without him this season is flat out awful.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Or the reason it has.

Not happening ANY time soon.

FrodoYolo

Banned
Or the reason it has.

Lol you find this storyline unbelievable, but Trump is in the White House...seriously Negan is not that far fetched and the sooner you get over that, the more you are going to enjoy this show. And about Negan's storyline: comic spoilers...
He's never going away!

Or the reason it has.

Negan is the only reason I still watch the show. I was going to quit when they paired Michonne up with the white lead last season but by that time Negan was already on the horizon. The Negan + Carl episode was my favorite this season by far. They should've explored that dynamic more.

Sasha is so dead

;_; she was my first crush from TWD. Rosita ain't shit.

I think the overall pace of the show should speed up and they should consider making the seasons shorter. There's too many times this series has dragged things out or dedicated entire episodes to supply runs where nothing of significance happens. I rather have 10 episodes where the story progresses faster than usual with a few moments of downtime than have a bunch of episodes like the last one or the oceanside one.

L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Ouch hopefully that picks back up in the last few episodes.

Surfinn

Negan is the only interesting thing left. Any episode without him this season is flat out awful.

The problem I have with him is that he seems to go through the same exact cycle and dialogue. Approach menacing situation jokingly, get serious, do something threatening.. rinse/repeat. His mannerisms are really repetitive and I think he's gunna throw his back out soon from leaning back in like every scene.

I dunno. He just does the same shit all the time to me. He was a good pick but they gave him the same material to work with.

Mediking

The problem I have with him is that he seems to go through the same exact cycle and dialogue. Approach menacing situation jokingly, get serious, do something threatening.. rinse/repeat. His mannerisms are really repetitive and I think he's gunna throw his back out soon from leaning back in like every scene.

I dunno. He just does the same shit all the time to me. He was a good pick but they gave him the same material to work with.

He's a powerful and murdering psycho. Besides a episode dedicated to his backstory... what character development are you really hoping for?

Surfinn

He's a powerful and murdering psycho. Besides a episode dedicated to his backstory... what character development are you really hoping for?

No particular development just a better/more refreshing use for his character. Less repetition. I never felt bored with him in the comic. I dunno, I wanna see more of his personality shine and step away from the typical routine.

What they did with Carl was a step in the right direction. Maybe more personal stuff or see him joking around with the Saviors/others. It doesn't have to be GASP what is Negan going to do next every time he's on camera.

really?

Top Bottom