• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ΧΒΟΧ one controller's Dpad is the worst

OrionNebula

Xbox having a bad dpad isn’t anything new. Nintendo having a bad dpad is more shocking. The gamecube and the switch joy cons have terrible “directional pads”.

Gamecube dpad made my thumb go like this on it :

What a tiny little piece of crap for an era where dpads were still used for more than sub-menu wheels

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
It's bad. Even on the Elite. It just doesn't feel right, and I don't like using the D-pad in that position either.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Preach. I refuse to play fighting games on Xbox specifically due to the d-pad. I wonder if it would like cause copyright infringement or something just to make it like the DS4. now that's a D-Pad I beat someone's ass with.

Preach. I refuse to play fighting games on Xbox specifically due to the d-pad. I wonder if it would like cause copyright infringement or something just to make it like the DS4. now that's a D-Pad I beat someone's ass with.
Catch me outside, hope bout dat?! But definitely agree with that. I had to move to arcade stick because of the 360 pad

nkarafo

Alright so i finally found the screwdriver i needed and made an operation myself. I opened the controller and fixed that metal thing under the dpad, by making the tension a bit stronger. I also added a piece of tape between the plastic cross and the area where the right part clicks, to reduce the gap just a tiny bit.

The result is a better feeling when i press right on the dpad. It doesn't feel as sticky and does click a bit better, though still not quite as good as the other 3 directions but it doesn't get in my nerves as much now at least. I still prefer to use the 360 dpad but it's a bit better now.

Vawn

Banned
Switch joycon "D-pad" is the worst, followed by the Pro's D-pad (especially if you've ever played Tetris 99).

Andodalf

Banned
It's not great, but I feel like it's certainly not the worst. Switch Joy con's don't even have a real D pad, and the 360 was a nightmare, even with the revision. I feel like the only dpad I ever loved was the vita, but that's mostly because I just love the vita.

Blond

Banned

Anyone forget this gem? Microsoft released these for a small run and then never again. I miss it!

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member

rG43wYo.png

How has he got banned?!

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I wouldn't say it's the worst by any means but it's not great at all. The worst has to be the original Panasonic 3DO.

nkarafo

Xbox One Controller is the worst.
I love fighting games and Crash Bandicoot, so dPad is very important to me.
Well, i don't have an issue with anything else. in fact, if i exclude the dpad, the xbox one controller is the best i ever used. If it had a better dpad it would be the perfect controller for me.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Xbox One has quite a good d-pad. I'm mostly using Wolverine Ultimate these days, but you can find much worse d-pads like Genesis, N64, 360, and GameCube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom