• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Superman: Legacy’: James Gunn Taps David Corenswet And Rachel Brosnahan To Play Clark Kent And Lois Lane

SJRB

Gold Member

David-Corenswet-Rachel-Brosnahan-2.jpg

And now it's time for James Gunn to put his money where his mouth is.

Kadve

Well he is a bit more "CW" than what i would prefer my Superman. But he got the perfect jaw that's for sure.

Reactions: Gp1

jason10mm

Gold Member
He is 6'4", trained at Julliard, and his dad (at least, no mention of his mom on the wiki) is Jewish. All good features to honor Jerry Seigel and Joe Shuster. Plus he is American so he can do the accent properly :p

A few months in the hollywood gym and he'll look the part at least.

She is 3 years older, continuing the persistent trend of naive young Clark getting seduced by an older worldly woman in damn near every iteration of Lois and Clark :p

DKehoe

I'm not too familiar with either to be honest. But I think that's probably a good thing. These kinds of characters often work better when they aren't played by established stars. He's got the right look so that works for me.

Billbofet

Looks good. Fingers crossed on it not getting fucked up.
When Nicholas Hoult was in the mix, I was very concerned. I genuinely like that guy, but Supes he ain't!!
Glad they went with a relative unknown. Rachal B. is great as well.
Now, all I need to have confirmed is their gender identities, and then I can start looking forward to this!!!

Rockondevil

The casting looks fine. Definitely looks like a knock off Cavill, but that’s fine as he has the Superman look.

I’m only worried about Gunn and his direction. I don’t think the guys done all that amazing to be given DC after giving them an average film.
Then if it doesn’t do as they hope are WB going to do the good old change direction and throw shit at the wall until something sticks.

jason10mm

Gold Member
When Nicholas Hoult was in the mix, I was very concerned. I genuinely like that guy, but Supes he ain't!!
Now, all I need to have confirmed is their gender identities, and then I can start looking forward to this!!!
Redfield really turned my opinion on.Hoult. He can handle some action and the guy is a million feet tall. Give the guy a lantern ring.

I think this is good casting - he looks the part with the right hair style and she’s not overly hot - similar to how Margot Kidder was not very hot.

I'd hate to be a casting agent on a Gunn film, he seems to always shoehorn his friends and family into roles they are completely unsuited for. I'm half expecting a muscle clad CGI Sean Gunn to be the main villain or something in this.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
This casting is literally perfect at first glance, and LOL at weak jawline. Please post your own pics.

Hoult was never even rumored to be in the mix, the rumour was that he was being looked at for Lex Luthor.

Last edited:

CGNoire

God I hate how the entertainment industry communicate to fans via social media. Its always some hyperbole followed immediatly by telling and thus framing how we should feel about it. Fuck out of here with that priming BS.

Its like "Your not my fucking friend and I do not trust you to ever be honest so please Fuck Off Already". God the fact that people fall for this infomercial level shit is mindnumbing.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Good choices I think. The Lois is refreshing after the last few they had. A blonde that looked 19 in Returns, then a ginger in Man of Steel and et al. I like Amy Adams but she was not Lois Lane material. This guy looks fine as Clark and Superman, I am sure hes going to heap on at least twenty pounds of that crafted Hollywood muscle and ten minutes into the film everyone will be feeling it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I dont know why anyone would doubt Gunn on casting. He called it on Chris Pratt before he lost weight or ever had a serious role. He called it on Dave Battista who had almost no acting credits. Its literally one of his top skills.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I dont know why anyone would doubt Gunn on casting. He called it on Chris Pratt before he lost weight or ever had a serious role. He called it on Dave Battista who had almost no acting credits. It’s literally one of his top skills.

It’s a very decent bit of casting, but it doesn’t matter who they cast to the Snyder Bros. They'll hate whatever Gunn does.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Well at least it's not Nicholas Hoult..

Bronsnan is great. Definitely would recommend Ms. Maisel on amazon prime
Pretty much burned through all 5 seasons with my wife in the span of a couple of months, which is a lot of "me time" for parents of young kids.
I'm a big fan of Rachel Brosnahan. I learned she's also the prostitute that Doug kills in House of Cards where she plays a completely different character.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I'm sure this will have the 10th 'origin' ....yawn....story of Superman landing on Earth as a baby and him growing up with the Kents, getting a job and meeting Lois. Superman is the worst superhero to make a movie about as only Kryptonite can hurt him, so the stories are usually the same (and how can Kryptonite be everywhere), and Clark and Superman are so unrelatable.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm sure this will have the 10th 'origin' ....yawn....story of Superman landing on Earth as a baby and him growing up with the Kents, getting a job and meeting Lois. Superman is the worst superhero to make a movie about as only Kryptonite can hurt him, so the stories are usually the same (and how can Kryptonite be everywhere), and Clark and Superman are so unrelatable.

Doubt it. Gunn would have taken a look at how successful Reeves was with giving us a Batman a couple of years into his mission, and will probably apply the same kind of thing to Clark. Nobody needs or wants to see his origins again. And Gunn doesn't have to make his Superman invulnerable to anything other than kryptonite. He can also use a lot of Superman's other enemies who are a physical match for him.

Top Bottom