• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The King’s Man” - 2020 (Prequel to Kingsmen?”

2 is fine but obviously butchered in post-production. They shot a lot more stuff. It's an awkward movie but it's fun. The opening action scene is the best in both IMO.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, it's the prequel that shows the forming of The Kingsmen.

Vaughn has a slight problem with sequels. Kingsman 2 was really bad, and he handed off Kick-Ass 2 to "some guy", and behold, it was dogshit.

Rockondevil

First was amazing. Second was a fun ride, although didn't care for the Statesmen.
Definitely a watch for me when it comes. I would've liked to see another just Kingsmen movie but don't think that will happen.

looks like its all WWI era so could be neat.

that sword shot was cool, even if its just a gopro on the hilt....

you're only coming for the action anyways.

Last edited:
I thought both movies were entertaining. This one looks really good and I'll likely see it in theaters.

It doesn't look like Vaughn is writing this one but he's directing it per usual. The guy who did write the screenplay, Karl Gajdusek, reportedly got his attention after selling an original sci-fi script to Fox several years ago.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I also thought Kinsman 2 was garbage compared to the first one.

I watched the second one last friday, without having read anything about it in before. Just loved the first movie.
And I was shocked as well about how bad it was.

What a horrible turd of a movie.

If this one is like the 1st, I'll keep watching them. If it's more like the 2nd, it'll be the last one I watch, there's too many things to watch and too little time.

trikster40

Just saw the new trailer, I’m excited now. When I first heard the plans, I thought it wouldn’t be very good. This may be the best if it lives up to the trailer (and I loved the first one).

Sorcerer

Is Ralph Fiennes the go to guy for the British spy genre? He has played John Steed in The Avengers movie, M in Bond, and now Kingsmen. Probably a few I missed.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Disney also revealed Fox's The King's Man will be hitting theaters later than expected and will now open on Sept. 18, 2020, seven months later than its previous date of Feb. 14, 2020.

Kinda upsetting about the delay this close to release. I have to ask why. I am sure it's for reshoots based on feedback from Disney now that they have control and can actually do that.

sol_bad

What is the rest of Fox's schedule like? And what is Disney's schedule. There in probably lies the answer. Don't automatically "fuck Disney", they might be positioning it for a better release date.

Top Bottom