• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Xbox Fans Are Paid”, Says Former World of Warcraft Designer

drganon

bh187-waynes-world.gif

Rykan

Except you can't use this argument if you can't even provide a single example.

That's like, "trust me, bro. I know." You can't criticize people for not believing you.
When you are given an example, you come up with some arbitrary reason as to why that doesn't count. "Oh Sony paid for exclusivity, so that makes it different because...reasons".

Having support teams available for developers is completely normal and a standard practice. All manufacturers have support teams ready to assist because they all have a vested interest in ensuring games run and work as best as they can, whether they are developed by third parties or not.

Here is Sony's developer support page:
https://partners.playstation.net/

You bring the talent, and we'll provide support teams, comprehensive testing systems, and access to a thriving community of developers like yourself.

Game Developer - Whether your game is ready to play or just a glorious concept, we're here to support you right through development. From the smallest indies to the biggest global development studios, your creativity can find a home on PlayStation

Microsoft assisted in development of Fallout 76 long before Bethesda was acquired.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/78224/microsoft-helped-bethesda-save-and-redeem-fallout-76/index.html

"And he put me in touch with people at Xbox who were able to look at all the systems in our game and determine what was and wasn't important, and compare that to the games that made it for the long haul. That kind of advice really really helped us. Now, seeing 76 being one of the most played games on Xbox...we're just incredibly fortunate to be there.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dude literally bringing out the old "Xbots" attack? That's hilarious.

As for me, I played nothing but Nintendo until Playstation, then I played both but mostly Playstation until after having a PS3 for a while. I felt as though both Nintendo and Sony did not show enough consideration for me as a gamer and so I went PC only for years. Eventually I bought an Xbox One, my first Xbox, when Halo 5 was coming out. GamePass would help me experience a lot of Xbox games I had missed before. I had a really great time playing Xbox and the platform did more for me in terms of functionality than any console ever and it was clear that many aspects of the experience were things that Microsoft innovated (at least within the console world) years before Nintendo or Sony, who tried a little when forced but didn't do as well as Xbox.

Are Nintendo and Sony still great? Yes they are. They each do their own thing extremely well and there is a lot to love about experiences with them. Xbox struggles with premium exclusives that stay with you as very special and unique gaming memories, however they have built a platform so far ahead of the others it cannot be written off. On terms of their platform and their handling of it, Microsoft has far and away done more for me as a gamer than the other two. Tons of people had so many worries about them acting against gamers when they saw the initial design of the Xbox One, but those fears didn't actually come to fruition in their practices and the whole industry transformed as they foresaw. They saw (in large part due to Steam) what was coming and worked to provide gamers with what they would need in that world, even when it wasn't yet recognized. Meanwhile Sony has appeared to be clinging to the past like the record industry did with CD music albums.

It's a shame MS haven't figured out how to do for me what the others do in terms of crafting unique premium experiences. GamePass has brought a large breadth of A-tier stuff, which does have a lot of value, but it's that S-tier that is a bit too absent. Even so, I have no problem saying I am a fan of how Microsoft handles gaming. Their greatest lack is made worse from publishers not giving them equal chance, but they are slowly warming up to the notion and things keep getting better.

That’s a long story. Ready? Hate playing against people using potato graphics for advantages, hate all the cheating, hate playing shooters with K/m players, don’t want to always feel the desire to toggle with the settings, love the consistently of knowing what to expect and simplicity of console.

Also, Perfect Dark (n64) and a number of other games are not on PC. Some games are delisted (Forza horizon1-3). Xbox does have some exclusives in their BC vault.

I just don’t think I’d like the overall experience of tinkering and troubleshooting, even though I could enjoy Rayman 2, Mario 64 at 60 FPS, etc.

I’ma world without Xbox, that’d be my move though.
You see, what you said is basically the copy/past propaganda against PC made by people who never actually played on PC. I've seen people say the exact same things since 2010, the year I started to read online forums.

Its not that hard to configure games on PC. Actually it's fun, your brain and your penis/clitoris gets bigger every time you read "pcgaming wiki" to learn how to tweak a game.

If things are too difficult, GOG basically do all the work for you.

Do you have examples of retro games that you play on Xbox and you are afraid of having hackers on PC?

Since we are talking about retro compatibility, to be fair old games do not have online communities anymore.

If you are talking about recent releases, most big game have good anti cheating

And finally, even it was all true, it's a small price to pay for having access to 99% of all games ever made by mankind.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
I think you're reading into things.
If you could just read things, that’d help… unless you really do think that criticism against Microsoft swings between “deserving” and “necessary.” In which case,as mentioned, I agree with you.

I read more negativity against Microsoft than any other. A lot of it is deserving. But a lot is just wildly necessary.

MAX PAYMENT

If you could just read things, that’d help… unless you really do think that criticism against Microsoft swings between “deserving” and “necessary.” In which case,as mentioned, I agree with you.
Ah. Auto correct got me.
But to further elaborate in hopes you won't get any more passive aggressive about it: this forum is absolutely hard-leaning Sony. I skim here semi-regularly, and often read some genuinely eye-roll inducing takes.

Last edited:

splattered

Dude is against the acquisition for whatever personal reason so he calls out Microsoft and its fans in an attempt to spread negativity around the publisher purchase. Gets called out on it back peddles and says oh but Sony too. Dude knew what he was doing, just trying to stir the warrior pot. So many people here eating it up too, sad to see.

Chukhopops

Dude is against the acquisition for whatever personal reason so he calls out Microsoft and its fans in an attempt to spread negativity around the publisher purchase. Gets called out on it back peddles and says oh but Sony too. Dude knew what he was doing, just trying to stir the warrior pot. So many people here eating it up too, sad to see.
I mean the reason is kinda obvious when you know the guy’s story.

SHA

"People with followers are paid by companies to pretend they enjoy their products"

More news at noon
I could relate that to unattractive contents like forcibly showing them periodically, you can't actually change history, some kids just started opening their eyes, what do you think they expected to see, neutrals? , some youtubers"without mentioning their names" have gone this route and became even more suspicious, long story short, nobody and even unintentionally do like neutrals, but everyone likes to follow who share what they like, and it's fair if they genuinely shared their favorite platform.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Those who have made the admission that they have several current gen Xbox's are looking kinda sus.

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight
Things were much more open in the 360 era. Shills would freely let you know they were "on their 4th 360". There were even threads dedicated to people listing the different 360s they had and how they had proudly received their Real Renumeration of Dedication for their services.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Things were much more open in the 360 era. Shills would freely let you know they were "on their 4th 360". There were even threads dedicated to people listing the different 360s they had and how they had proudly received their Real Renumeration of Dedication for their services.
Those people and the ones who insisted that Microsoft was counting each free RROD repair as a new console sale, too. The console wars have always been serious business.

Hudo

If Phil spencer would offer to pay you for posting pro-Xbox stuff online from time to time, wouldn't you get that gig? I fuckin' would. Getting paid to shitpost is what Schreier et al. are dreaming of at night.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If Phil spencer would offer to pay you for posting pro-Xbox stuff online from time to time, wouldn't you get that gig? I fuckin' would. Getting paid to shitpost is what Schreier et al. are dreaming of at night.
IDK, Creier and his societal worthless ilk are now complaining that reviewing (i.e. playing video games) for hours on end in a just shy of a week window, is, wait for it... is "crunch."

Last edited:
Top Bottom