• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

04/02 - Wrasslin Discussions - It All Begins Again the Stroke Returns Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

Keyser Soze said:
BTW... now that we all love Lilian it sad that she will be going off air for ages as she is getting ACL surgery on the 5th :(
Ugh. We're gonna get Justin Roberts :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this match sucks.

And the crowd that was so hot at the start of the night is deader than dead. When you can hear individual audience members during your main event, there's a problem.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MetatronM said:
Man, this match sucks.

And the crowd that was so hot at the start of the night is deader than dead. When you can hear individual audience members during your main event, there's a problem.

So who else is just waiting for The Grindhouse preivew?

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Striker said:
Lashley ripped off her skirt because Vince was hiding under it.

Awesome outfit, she had!

Pics?

Video?

.....ASCII?

Nameless

So Estrada will hold Lashley..Umaga will go for the spike..Lashley moves, Umaga hits estrada.. Lashely gets Running Powerslam FTW..

my prediciton

wwe02vz4ah1.jpg

wwe08zn6da0.jpg

wwe09bz8ye6.jpg

Uncle AJ

NO

Turn CENA heel, not Michael Licken-bottom! Was the f@ck-off heat for Cena not enough incentive?

*throws childish tantrum*

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mo the Hawk said:
NO

Turn CENA heel, not Michael Licken-bottom! Was the f@ck-off heat for Cena not enough incentive?

*throws childish tantrum*
hickenbottom, actually

Okay...... where the F*** is the news about Edge? I cannot find one news story on his status. Not that I care about him that much but I want to know if any bones were broken.

Tim-E

I liked how Timbaland was talking about Ric Flair and then called himself Ricky Bobby.
How convenient. Timbaland just so happens to go to Raw the day before his album comes out. @_@

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
VictimOfGrief said:
Okay...... where the F*** is the news about Edge? I cannot find one news story on his status. Not that I care about him that much but I want to know if any bones were broken.

Meltzer reported Edge is fine today. He was walking around backstage like nothing happened last night.

Striker

Tim-E said:
I liked how Timbaland was talking about Ric Flair and then called himself Ricky Bobby.
How convenient. Timbaland just so happens to go to Raw the day before his album comes out. @_@
1172114552109.jpg

:lol

dskillzhtown

Who was the guy that posted that if Cena won the match against HBK they would be done with WWE forever?

I surely think that same person was watching Raw tonight.

Tim-E said:

Actually they signed a contract that the Divas are in his next 2 videos. So it is called "cross-promotion". To bitch about promotion in wrestling is like bitching about JR just happening to mention Skittles before the commercial comes on.

Hitman said:
WTF. Chris Jericho's music is a ripoff of Pearl Jam's Evenflow.. haha. Thats so gay.. i totally forgot how WCW used to rip off songs and make them entrace songs.

DDP's theme song is the most obvious one.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
shidoshi said:
I never get tired of this... Jericho's RAW debut.

Man... Rock AND Jericho on Monday Night Raw. Saw when a seven minute clip put to shame the entire two hour product at this point.

It was the best debut ever. I was never a huge rock guy but there hes perfect. It doesn't matter what your name is.

Where the hell did all the slogans go. What have we got now? The champ is here! And using a finisher derived from Brock Lesnar, just like everyone is these days. Sure, Cenas got decent charisma but Jericho was the most charismatic ever there for a few years. Great wrestler too. But god just the whole saving RAW thing when it was the best it'd ever been and he somehow made it better. They should really release the whole attitude era on like 20 Blu-Rays for about 300 bucks. I'd buy it.

Hitman said:
WTF. Chris Jericho's music is a ripoff of Pearl Jam's Evenflow.. haha. Thats so gay.. i totally forgot how WCW used to rip off songs and make them entrace songs.

He had Ralphus though and that trumps all.

shoplifter

The Bookerman said:
DDP's theme song is the most obvious one.

Raven's was pretty obvious too.

ROH NEWSWIRE FOR 4/3:

April 3rd: Mark Briscoe went home yesterday and is said to be feeling "great." He has been upgraded to probable for 4/13 in Long Island and 4/14 in Edison. Mark will only wrestle if he is cleared by doctors. There is an article on the main page of www.ROHwrestling.com detailing The Briscoes ROH World Tag Team Title win and Mark's injury including what happened at the hospital.

April 3rd: Erick Stevens made his ROH debut last weekend with two impressive wins. Stevens has impressed in Full Impact Pro and will now be a regular part of the ROH roster. Stevens has been added to all upcoming events. Stevens will be part of a "Do Or Die" tag team match on 4/14 in Edison, NJ. It will be Stevens & Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico in Edison. The future of ROH could be determined in this match.

April 3rd: Roderick Strong proved that he is the guy to beat last weekend with victories over former Generation Next stablemates Austin Aries and Jack Evans. Strong is looking to take out a ROH icon in St. Paul. It will be Strong vs. Christopher Daniels and if Strong makes it past the FIP shows on 4/20 & 21 with the FIP World Heavyweight Title, he will put it on the line against Daniels in St. Paul. Get tickets for only $10 until tomorrow night at ROHwrestling.com. Daniels has taken on a much more aggressive attitude since losing the ROH World Tag Team Titles. This match and Takeshi Morishima vs. Austin Aries will be worth more than $10 alone!!!

April 3rd: The $10 sale on over 70 ROH show, Best Of, Straight Shootin' & Secrets Of The Ring DVDs continues at www.ROHwrestling.com until tomorrow night. This is also a chance to get tickets to ROH live events in Long Island, Edison, St. Paul and Chicago for only $10. There is no better bargain anywhere in the world of wrestling or any type of entertainment. ROHwrestling.com is also proud to release the first two DVDs from The Fifth Year Festival. Check out 2/16/07 "Fifth Year Festival: NYC" from the sold out Manhattan Center now on DVD. Witness the Samoa Joe vs. Takeshi Morishima bout that was called "the best match so far this year" and given ****1/2 from Dave Meltzer. Plus: Homicide returns home to put the ROH World Title on the line against Jimmy Rave; Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Nigel McGuinness & Colt Cabana; Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong for the ROH World Tag Team Titles; Brent Albright vs. BJ Whitmer in a brutal Tables Are Legal Match; Jack Evans vs. Shingo vs. Xavier vs. Jimmy Jacobs in an action packed Four Way Fray; Allison Danger & Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze & Alexa Thatcher; Delirious vs. Adam Pearce and more!!! This is one of those must own ROH DVDs.

April 3rd: We will have some huge match announcements for 4/28 back at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL in tomorrow's ROHwrestling.com Newswire. Get tickets for only $10 now at ROHwrestling.com. We promise you that you will not want to miss this event.

April 3rd: Nigel McGuinness has intensified his training for his shot at the ROH World Title on 4/14 in Edison, NJ against Takeshi Morishima. Nigel has been perfecting different ways to hit the rebound, or jawbreaker, lariat. This is the move that has caused Samoa Joe, Jay Briscoe, Jimmy Jacobs and Chris Hero to get pinned on recent shows. It also broke Jimmy Rave's jaw. Now McGuinness could be one rebound lariat away from the ROH World Title. Can Nigel bring the belt back to ROH? Get tickets to see this huge World Title Match for only $10 until tomorrow night at ROHwrestling.com. Here is the current lineup including another new match:

Inman Sports Club
April 14th, 2007- 7:30pm belltime
990 Inman Avenue
Edison, NJ 08820

Tickets are available at www.rohwrestling.com, by calling (215) 781-2500, or at www.tickets.com.

ROH World Title Match
Takeshi Morishima defends vs. Nigel McGuinness

Grudge Tag Team Match
Jack Evans & Delirious vs. Roderick Strong & Davey Richards

Special Challenge Match
Colt Cabana vs. Doug Williams

Special Attraction Match
Shingo vs. Matt Cross

Do Or Die Tag Team Match
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Erick Stevens & Eddie Edwards

Special Challenge Match
Rocky Romero vs. Jason Blade

Plus more with ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero and more to be added!!! See this show for only $10, but act now because the sale ends tomorrow night at ROHwrestling.com.

If anyone has yet to see ROH, the $10 sale is a good place to start.

mightynine said:
For some reason, I'm in a Chris Jericho mood tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPcM1E3NQw

I know Chris Jericho managed to get some decent pushes in WWE, but I felt that they didn't really let him go all out on the mic like he did in his last few months in WCW.

I'm still really dissapointed of his entire time in WWE, it had so much potential. He could have been the top heel in the company for many years just with his mic work.

His debut in Chicago interupting The Rock got me so excited, but then the months after that it seemed like his character that he worked hard to build wasn't going to be used in WWE.

shoplifter

The Internet said:
I'm still really dissapointed of his entire time in WWE, it had so much potential. He could have been the top heel in the company for many years just with his mic work.

Him being the Undisputed Dog Walking Champ wasn't good enough for you?

Tim-E

dskillzhtown said:
Who was the guy that posted that if Cena won the match against HBK they would be done with WWE forever?

I surely think that same person was watching Raw tonight.

Actually they signed a contract that the Divas are in his next 2 videos. So it is called "cross-promotion". To bitch about promotion in wrestling is like bitching about JR just happening to mention Skittles before the commercial comes on.

I wasn't bitching about promotion, I just thought it was funny. :p

Burai

shitonmychest57
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
edit- double post.

Does anyone remember his undisputed champ days? That was a low point IMO...............so much wasted potential.

Let's get something clear: Chris Jericho never had a title run. Stephanie McMahon did. They wanted some way of having Steph vs Hunter in the main event at Wrestlemania X8 and Jericho was the best midcarder they could find to make that happen.

Sad but true.

dskillzhtown

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Jericho could always go to TNA and do whatever he wants- their desperate enough to accept about any conditions.

Who in their right mind would go to TNA right now? Rumors are that RVD even had 2nd thoughts and is going to stay with WWE.

DMczaf

Dave Meltzer appeared on the Live Audio Wrestling radio show on Sunday night after WrestleMania and he said that Shawn Michaels was extremely upset and unhappy with his match against John Cena. When he got backstage, he was screaming about how terrible he thought it was.

After the match had concluded, there was a spot where HBK abruptly walked away from a Cena handshake attempt which was not scripted, as they were supposed to shake hands. Michaels was red hot at Cena for not selling his leg that he spent the first few minutes of the match working on. Also, several of the agents were unhappy with Cena for that as well. In fact, you could see during the match that HBK got in Cena's face and started cutting a shoot promo on him, which is why the audio went out for a few seconds and was replaced with crowd noise.

:lol :lol Don't **** with HBK!

That report about HBK is false, as I listened to LAW and Meltzer made no mention of that at all.

Hopefully that was a full heel turn for him on Raw, and we can finally see the cocky prick 1997 HBK again. Wishful thinking, I know. :\

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
iconoclast said:
That report about HBK is false, as I listened to LAW and Meltzer made no mention of that at all.

yep. He never said any of that.

dskillzhtown said:
Who in their right mind would go to TNA right now? Rumors are that RVD even had 2nd thoughts and is going to stay with WWE.

Still make decent money, less road travel, a LOT less dates to work, freedom to do side projects (to an extent).

It does have it's advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom