• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1.7 million registered Warframe Users on PS4 (more stats inside)

frizby

I have 900 hours in this game. Battlefield and Killzone am cry.

I gave the devs $15, but I haven't touched that platinum. The only thing you need to buy is slots, and it's super easy to sell a few items in the trade channel.

never could get into this. soloing was boring and partying everyone else just sprints ahead and you can't take your time or you'll get nothing :X

GoaThief

never could get into this. soloing was boring and partying everyone else just sprints ahead and you can't take your time or you'll get nothing :X
Have to agree here, it's not very interesting. Farming brain dead bots isn't that gripping for me. If it had competitive multiplayer I'd probably get into it.

My favourite thing about it was the atmosphere in the menus, don't know if it has changed now though. Really menacing, dark SciFi feel.

I would like to meet the citizens of the Republic of Palau currently playing Warframe

Judging by Koror's mall, I'm gonna bet they have better internet than the Southern US

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Pretty impressive stuff! Btw did they ever go through with transferring ones PC data to the PS4? Since I was waiting for that like forever, then kinda lost interest due to them dragging their feet with it.

There is one time migration from PC to PS4 for now.

Oh shit just saw this. Will have to google the details now.

breakfuss

soloing was boring and partying everyone else just sprints ahead and you can't take your time or you'll get nothing :X

LOL, this was exactly my experience last night. Though I don't mind the competing for kills...I just don't want to seem like an asshole for doing it. Might check out the GAF clan.

Its an incredible game and probably the best game I have on the PS4. Its also been something I play at least a little bit of near daily since launch and its only gotten better and better over time.

Cheers to DE on a job (continually) well done, even if there is always plenty enough still to work on and fix.

My mistake... the feature is already done but it is disabled right now due some talks between Devs and Sony... I'm not a PC user so I read the announce in February in the forums and so I guessed it was released already.

Oh, thought so. I check every so often to see if they released it yet and didn't see anything about it. I wish they'd hurry up with those "talks" though.

So this is a team shooter or what?

4-player co-op third-person shooter with heavy melee and parkour elements. The controls are a little bit wonky, but it works pretty well.

Think something similar to maybe what Destiny is going to be.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Noooooooo I did a big mistake... it is not available yet.

gif-fuck-donald-cartoons-369498.gif

Registered is always a weird thing to boast. I'm one of those 1.7 million, but I haven't touched the game since day one and probably never will again.
That's kind of the beauty of it though. There's no cost (you don't even need PS+) so there's no barrier to entry if you're just curious about it six months from now. And its been updated every month with new content/enemies/gear/systems and performance improvements, so the game you wrote off on day one is a very different beast than the game it is now. It is the most updated next gen game I've played by a long shot.

Here's a random webm from the Gaming GIFs thread showing a few seconds of Warframe action: http://a.pomf.se/ecglpc.webm
(courtesy Spazznid)

Looks like its taken from PC with the latest melee system overhaul. PC gets everything first and the PS4 usually follows a few weeks later.

Hoodbury

Played it thinking it would be more like Mass Effect 3's mutiplayer but it was more like whatevs. Sucks, too, because ME3's multi was so good and I was hoping for something closer to that.

There are different types of missions/levels. There is 1 type that is a defense mission that plays very similar to ME3. You might like those missions. Plus they are some of the best for farming stuff too.

Ronin Ray

I put about 68 hours into this when PS4 first came out. I haven't played in awhile. I think the game has lots of depth but doesn't explain its systems very well.

Einbroch

Banned
Fantastic game until you realize that you're working and grinding towards nothing. That's not to diminish it. I played it for like 50 hours.

erawsd

That's kind of the beauty of it though. There's no cost (you don't even need PS+) so there's no barrier to entry if you're just curious about it six months from now. And its been updated every month with new content/enemies/gear/systems and performance improvements, so the game you wrote off on day one is a very different beast than the game it is now. It is the most updated next gen game I've played by a long shot.

I'm not complaining about the F2P nature of it, I actually think its one of the most fair F2P set ups I've seen. I just always think its strange when I see registered users instead of active users. Kinda how some pay MMOs will brag about how many millions of characters there are, instead of providing solid sub numbers.

I'm not complaining about the F2P nature of it, I actually think its one of the most fair F2P set ups I've seen. I just always think its strange when I see registered users instead of active users. Kinda how some pay MMOs will brag about how many millions of characters there are, instead of providing solid sub numbers.
Yeah, that's definitely true that registered accounts don't paint a real picture. It'd be interesting to see how many active players they've had over time.

I know I'm around 300 hours of playtime, and for me that's fucking insane. Haven't logged hours like these since Burnout Paradise and maybe Quake 3 before that.

Orayn

The success of Warframe makes me happy. It's not everyone's cup of tea and it doesn't have sky-high production values, but the devs know their audience and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping them happy and engaged.

If I had to choose a word for it, I'd say that it's a very responsible game compared to some of the AAA Hindenbergs we see these days.

Good on them! I don't play many multiplayer games or any F2P games but this game is enjoyable. Come back to it every month or so. Still waiting for them to do Darkness 3 after that cliffhanger! XD

I've got it downloaded, I've got a character registered, but I've barely played it. I probably should go back to it. Maybe playing it when I'm not high would be the ticket to enjoying myself.

I'd rather them focus on hitting a solid 30fps before even considering dumb shit like that.
Its been silky smooth for me in all but a few void missions. And that's from a regular staple of Survival and Defense missions lately with all the assorted craziness those entail.

Sometimes you get a crappy host though and things can chug. And yeah, some random void missions can't quite keep the framerate solid, even when there isn't much happening. Feels random though.

Eternia

Fantastic game until you realize that you're working and grinding towards nothing. That's not to diminish it. I played it for like 50 hours.
Yeah, leveling my umpteenth warframe and weapon through the same missions I did with my first weapon did me in. It was cooler when everything was new and thought there would be a lot more substance behind the game.

Carl

That's wondeful, glad it's doing well. I gave it a go on the first day I had my PS4, haven't played it since lol. Need to give it another go sometime

I really love this game. I have well over a hundred hours into it. One of the things that I think is great about the game is that you can farm mods by playing the game and then trade the mods you are not using to other players for Platinum (real money currency). I've been able to fund many of the things that I wanted to buy this way.

I agree that fighting bots can seem a bit boring. Playing the different classes of warframes is were I get the most satisfaction. There are tanks, support casters, controllers and more. Combinations of frames on a team can be really exciting when powers are combined. There are RPG elements to the game that add greater depth. Things like damage types, enemy resistance and weaknesses. Weapon combinations that have synergy with warframe powers. Movement and melee take getting used to but once you do it's great.

Devs seem to consistently add content and events that reward with special mods and or weapons. I ended up following @WFAlertsPS4 on twitter to see what mission alerts are currently running and what rewards they offer (things like credits, mods, alternate helmets and parts for warframes, etc..)

This is another game that benefits from remote play for me as well. I like to log in to check trade prices, craft items, secure the daily log in bonus and check operations. The remote play controls are dreadful for running missions. That said it runs and looks great on the Vita. I have played missions while I was in bed and an alert with an item that I wanted popped up.

It's one of those games that I realize is not for everyone but I like it so much that I hope more people find it and give it more than a passing glance. I think that because it's free many people won't invest time in learning the many obtuse but rewarding systems in the game.

Tagyhag

I find the game boring and dont have the urge to play it since theres better coop games but im impressed by those numbers. Though I wonder how many unique players they get daily.

IvorB

Well done, DE! Thoroughly well deserved success. I just wish they could come through with more new meat-and-potatoes missions that are as fun as defense and survival. They can't just keep adding weapons and frames when the core gameplay hasn't really changed that much.

Top Bottom