• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 million people and 40+ world leaders to march against terror in Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsemyne

Ah yes The sun. They do a reasonable cover and spoil it by having a picture of Kelvin Mckenzie on it. He is, as us british like to say, a right horrible cunt. He's the man who gave the sun it's well know "Gotcha" headline during the Falklands war. He's the one who invented stories about Elton John having the voice boxes of his dogs removed. And he's also the one who printed a pack of lies about the Hillsborough disaster and never apologised for it until a report came out over twenty years later proving that what he wrote was pack of lies. No one in Liverpool buys the Sun newspaper because of what he printed.
A truly repugnant individual.

uCgz2rKl.jpg

"A kalashnikov does not constitute decent argumentation."

Mimosa97

The hashtag foxnewsfact is trending on Twitter and it's hilarious

B7G2MB6CQAA_Of8.jpg

The queen is now being made to wear the Islamic head covering due to sharia law enforcements in the uk #foxnewsfacts

B7GxO4SIQAA4xUb.jpg

Nothing to see here folks. Just another day in The Islamic State of Birmingham. #foxnewsfacts

B7G28_tIYAAEcYj.jpg

British citizens respond to new sharia laws ordering hijabs on tableware, with flair and imagination. #foxnewsfacts

B7GtcT6IcAE8qe9.jpg

Islamification of Britain continues as popular bingo chain forced to change name to Mecca #foxnewsfacts

B7GsnRGIgAA5Occ.jpg

Big Ben' is actually 'Big Ben-Abdullah-Ben-Ausama'. It is also supposedly designed after a minaret. #FoxNewsFacts

B7GeI2dCQAAi4hD.jpg

This is a picture from the Aston Villa-Birmingham derby. #FoxNewsFacts

B7GjLVSCcAM6Bui.jpg

Terrifying photo of how a typical Muslim from Birmingham guards the city gates against infidels. #foxnewsfacts

The last one cracked me up lmfao

Khaz

Funny thingy:

neel.jpg

The little girl Charlie makes fun of Father Christmas, proclaiming he doesn't exists and has a fat ass. Two kids get offended and decide to beat her up with a stick, thinking afterward how Santa would be proud. Santa and his Big Brother monitor is less than pleased and bar them from the gift list, forever.

cripterion

The first tweet is so dumb and inaccurate. I don't even know where to begin ...

This stupid french-bashing really needs to stop. Only in PUBLIC schools have ostentatious religious signs been banned. God damn people can't think a second out of their little box.

Yeah the first tweet had me rolling my eyes

Dieudonné: "I feel like Charlie Coulibaly"

That's low, even by his standards

That's just plain dumb yes.

Loofy

Religions are a part of private life, not society.
Meh I dont see religion being all that different say.. political party affiliation. I think the latter may even be more dangerous.

Its france though, do you guys still have a ban on parental dna testing?

Dai101

Banned

jimi_dini

The first step in combating terrorism should be an acceptance that the last 13 years war on 'radical' Islam has failed miserably.

And stopping state-sponsored terrorism (aka invading foreign countries and killing civilians including lots and lots of children left + right). But nope. That would affect the murder industry aka weapons industry. And noone wants that.

Chariot

And stopping state-sponsored terrorism (aka invading foreign countries and killing civilians including lots and lots of children left + right). But nope. That would affect the murder industry aka weapons industry. And noone wants that.
Also stop literal state-sponsored terrorism. I have the faint memory that all major terrorist organisations where trained and financed by the USA and other nations at some point.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So how's the pressfreedom situation today in countries like Jordan, Russia, Turkey and all the other two-faced hypocrite government representatives that walked in this march?

Seriously...
I shouldn't even be surprised at this point, but man...

It's just gross provocation. He wants people to be shocked by this and call for his censorship, so that he can immediately retort "But but but freedom of speech like Charlie Hebdo!!". All we can do is ignore him.

StayDead

The hashtag foxnewsfact is trending on Twitter and it's hilarious

The last one cracked me up lmfao

This is great, especially after seeing them turn around and say that Birmingham is a place no non muslim goes, which is hilarious considering the diverse amount of religions and ethnicities of people that live there.

jimi_dini

Also stop literal state-sponsored terrorism. I have the faint memory that all major terrorist organisations where trained and financed by the USA and other nations at some point.

yes. that of course as well.

Maybe uncle Obama could stop his drone murdering.
And Merkel could stop exporting weapons to Israel and other countries etc.
Put Bush + Cheney and the other fucks into prison for torturing people
and so on and so on

But all of that is wishful thinking. These people marching against terrorism is simply ridiculous and hypocritical. It's basically a PR campaign for the (dumb) masses.

Especially laughable because the German satire magazine "Titanic" almost went broke because they got sued an insane amount of times. Some of their issues were even banned.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_(magazine)

Up to 2001, 40 plaintiffs had brought lawsuits against Titanic. Politician Björn Engholm, for example, received 40,000 Deutsche Mark in compensation, and this, coupled with 190,000 DM in legal fees, drove Titanic close to bankruptcy.

G.ZZZ

They already learn that, it's called 'History'. Objective education will not make people join Al-Qaida at mass because they learned a thing called Islam exists.

Your stupid fear mongering sounds like that of conservatives in strict religious countries.

You'd be surprised on how little people actually know or how those facts are being religion-washed in the west. Fear mongering what? I'm simply stating facts, Christianity and organized religion are the very reasons Europe was an hellhole for fifteen centuries, as before it was a much more tolerant and free place for everyone, and hadn't religion existed, the renaissance could've happened as much as one millennia before it had.

So how's the pressfreedom situation today in countries like Jordan, Russia, Turkey and all the other two-faced hypocrite government representatives that walked in this march?

I can speak for Jordan, it's not great. But a lot of people are calling the king and queen out on it now and asking if this means things will change.

Glad to see the muslim heroes being publically acknowledged. Important to know it's mostly muslims that are killed around the world by terrorists which makes it clear what their misguided intentions really are.

Frodo

I know right. To think that they could have stayed at home and no one would have missed them.

Edit: But that is not to say that the movement has lost any validity because of it. Just to clarify.

Khaz

"Il y a aura tout le monde, même ceux qui ne sont plus là", a dit encore Richard Malka en évoquant le contenu du prochain numéro du journal satirique.

"Everybody will be there, even those missing".
They'll dig up their archives to publish never seen cartoons from the missing caricaturists. I remember Charb saying in an interview that up to 90% of their drawings and ideas are never put in the paper due to lack of space. They have a treasure trove and they're going to use it.

----

http://www.lesinrocks.com/2015/01/10/actualite/luz-eyes-us-weve-become-symbol-11545347/
I know this interview had been posted previously, but it has been translated into English. Luz, one of the few remaining caricaturists, expresses his doubts and fears about the future, how to carry on and not to be hijacked by politics.

The Chef

Sheesh I dunno man. Seeing those pictures...seems like an incredibly volatile situation. I be terrified to be there during this.

http://rue89.nouvelobs.com/2015/01/11/charlie-hebdo-quand-les-jesuites-font-lautoderision-257026

In support of Charlie Hebdo, a French Jesuit journal (Études) has re-published four Charlie Hebdo sketches that mock Catholics.

pEHFQHz.png

They also note:

"L’humour dans la foi est un bon antidote au fanatisme et à un esprit de sérieux ayant tendance à tout prendre au pied de la lettre."

"Humor in faith is a good antidote for fanatism and for a spirit of seriousness that tends to take everything literally."

Can anyone confirm this:
https://twitter.com/borzou/status/554605138426736640

Hillarious if true.

The families of the victims led the march. A little behind the families of the victims were the political leaders. And then a bit further behind were the rest of the crowds.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Dieudonné: "I feel like Charlie Coulibaly"

That's low, even by his standards

I just read about this, and man, this guy is an asshole and still proclaiming not being anti-semite. It's like a KKK-member showing up in full attire shouting "i"M NOT RACIST!"

Alx

Interior Minister starts investigation against Dieudonné for hate spech, Dieudonné does damage control, writes open letter to the Interior Minister, offers to make peace: http://leplus.nouvelobs.com/contrib...-la-paix-une-pitrerie-teintee-d-angoisse.html

Isn't that "truce" letter from last december ? Which would make it even more hypocritical with his Facebook message.
Anyway I would be tempted to say we should ignore him, because attention is what he wants. On another hand, ignoring the generalization of such messages among many people, especially younger ones, may be part of the current problem.

Joni

His letter is here http://instagram.com/p/xwiwiHRta9/ sadly i'm too lazy to translate, if someone wants to.

He basically says he feels alone because everyone was in Paris. He feels prosecuted by the state while he only wants people to laugh. He has demanded peace for a couple of weeks, but he got no answer. He feels like no one wants to understand him or wants to listen to him.

At least he is making me laugh now.

Cagey

Banned
Something that has irked me about the protest response to the terror attack...

http://rue89.nouvelobs.com/2015/01/11/charlie-hebdo-quand-les-jesuites-font-lautoderision-257026

In support of Charlie Hebdo, a French Jesuit journal (Études) has re-published four Charlie Hebdo sketches that mock Catholics.

I appreciate the sentiment in this and I think this is getting closer to the mark than the outpouring of support, and the march, etc -- the scale of which is incredible... but it's a large peaceful gathering is a general response of "we're not afraid, we stand united".

Shouldn't protesting this event, from the standpoint of the world press, mean the republication of the Charile Hedbo cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed by media outlets worldwide? An actual "we're not afraid, we stand united, and we won't be censored by terror, your attacks must fail" message?

I admit to not having followed closely enough to know if republication has happened anywhere, but I think I would have noticed if it occurred in the NY Times, WSJ, LA Times, the major papers in Europe, or hell, the cover of the Economist, etc.

Stet

Banned
His letter is here http://instagram.com/p/xwiwiHRta9/ sadly i'm too lazy to translate, if someone wants to.

He thinks he's been doing the same thing as Charlie Hebdo for ages but the state has been persecuting him (and trying to prosecute him) for it, so he feels like it's not fair.

I don't see why that would make him say he feels like the shooter, considering it would make more sense to say he's even more like Charlie Hebdo.

KooopaKid

Banned
He thinks he's been doing the same thing as Charlie Hebdo for ages but the state has been persecuting him (and trying to prosecute him) for it, so he feels like it's not fair.

I don't see why that would make him say he feels like the shooter, considering it would make more sense to say he's even more like Charlie Hebdo.

Well I have to say I felt sad when I saw the pre-recorded post-mortem video of Coulibali trying to speak arab and speaking about dead civilians in Iraq and Palestine. It doesn't justify what he did, but the waste of lives everywhere is sad. Maybe Dieudonné felt compassion for both sides in this war that doesn't say its name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom