• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In March (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raxus said:
BTW I saw Paul. It was kind of disappointing :(

Sort of expecting this. The previews just don't seem like it will be very good, plus Seth Rogan's voice for Paul just seems completely odd for me. It just seems like a big disconnect like the voice in no way could belong to the body. But for some damn reason I still want to see it. heh

Karish

kate+mara.jpg

G-Fex

Definitely Sucker Punch.

But I definitely want to check out the adjustment bureau since the commercials make me laugh.

TylerD

I love me some 80's so Take me Home Tonight is going to be tough for me to miss. Battle LA looks pretty entertaining. Sucker Punch while stoned would be awesome but I don't smoke anymore so that one is a rental.

Seth Rogan as Paul doesn't work for me, I haven't found the trailers or tv spots funny so that is a definite pass.

SuckerPunch is what I'm really excited for. Will probably go see Battle: LA with my friends for kicks. I Saw the Devil seems interesting, will keep an eye on that. I would really like to see Jane Eyre, but I might wait until I read the book.

TylerD said:
Seth Rogan as Paul doesn't work for me, I haven't found the trailers or tv spots funny so that is a definite pass.

Seriously, why the hell did they cast him? I normally really like the guy, but it is just distracting.

I thought Seth Rogen was pretty strong in Paul, maybe because he can jive with the smutty material a little better. Whereas as dick jokes, weed and pants pissing just really don't suit the Freggs, they play it too straight.

Pau

I have a lot of issues with the novel, but I'm going to have to see Jane Eyre for Michael Fassbender.

Messypandas said:
I thought Seth Rogen was pretty strong in Paul, maybe because he can jive with the smutty material a little better. Whereas as dick jokes, weed and pants pissing just really don't suit the Freggs, they play it too straight.

For me it's just too much of a noticeable voice. It's too hard to associate the voice with the character when we have seen it in about 2 movies a year for the past 4 years. It doesn't help that he doesn't try to mask or change his voice at all. Just comes off as a bad dubbing from a known voice. It's what I imagine it would sound like if Christopher Walken voiced Alphonse Elric in FMA :lol

Edit:His voice was much better in Monsters VS. Aliens where the character he voiced was much better of a match.

Eric Hall

Not feeling Sucker Punch at all. Looks way too over the top for me.

As for what I'm seeing, Battle: LA is the only definite. I'm interested in Rango, Take Me Home Tonight, Adjustment Bureau, I Saw The Devil, and Limitless as well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In for Sucker Punch, Synder has yet to disappoint me.

Will rent a few others, unless I get a chance to See "I Saw the Devil" in theater, but doubtful it will play near.

RepairmanJack said:
For me it's just too much of a noticeable voice. It's too hard to associate the voice with the character when we have seen it in about 2 movies a year for the past 4 years. It doesn't help that he doesn't try to mask or change his voice at all. Just comes off as a bad dubbing from a known voice. It's what I imagine it would sound like if Christopher Walken voiced Alphonse Elric in FMA :lol

Edit:His voice was much better in Monsters VS. Aliens where the character he voiced was much better of a match.

I felt the same way during Kung-Fu Panda, though that seems to be a problem with most of Dreamworks Animated pictures. What's the point of hiring a well-known actor for a voiceover role if he/she has only a few lines throughout the entire movie? The five animal masters were all voiced by well-known actors, but hardly talked in the movie at all.

I guess it's just so they can list Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, and Angelina Jolie on a movie poster.

Summary: Kung-Fu Panda has the same problem.

Interesting, I noticed Black Death was on my my TV's On Demand menu in Feb. However the film does not release for a week and a half. It did open in the UK last June. Looks like a good movie.

Battle LA, Paul, Rango, Sucker Punch for me personally. Also why does it look like Topher Grace doesn't belong in Take Me Home Tonight. I don't really get the synopsis of the movie to begin with honestly. I see it's set in 1988 but the people in the movies, are they supposed to be in high school or are they actual adults?

BankaiZaraki said:
Battle LA, Paul, Rango, Sucker Punch for me personally. Also why does it look like Topher Grace doesn't belong in Take Me Home Tonight. I don't really get the synopsis of the movie to begin with honestly. I see it's set in 1988 but the people in the movies, are they supposed to be in high school or are they actual adults?

It takes place post-college.

Grimmy

Banned
This should be the REAL order of the films to see in March:

1. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (dir: Apichatpong Weerasethakul).
2. Le Quattro Volte (dir: Michaelangelo Frammatino)
3. Nostalgia for the Light (dir: Patrocio Guzman)
4. Certified Copy (dir: Abbas Kiarostami)
5. Potiche (dir: Francois Ozon)
6. Rango (dir: Gore Verbinski)

Grimmy said:
This should be the REAL order of the films to see in March:

1. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (dir: Apichatpong Weerasethakul).
2. Le Quattro Volte (dir: Michaelangelo Frammatino)
3. Nostalgia for the Light (dir: Patrocio Guzman)
4. Certified Copy (dir: Abbas Kiarostami)
5. Potiche (dir: Francois Ozon)
6. Rango (dir: Gore Verbinski)

I think most of the movies in the OP will be playing in more than one place.

Would like to see Black Death, Certified Copy, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, and Win Win, but they won't be playing near me.

The Adjustment Bureau I almost want to see, but its unavoidable and ridiculous marketing campaign of "IF YOU BELIEVE IN FREE WILL WATCH THIS MOVIE" and mixed reception is doing a good job of turning me off of it.

Rango looks to me like a wholly unappealing mediocre animated movie that can be tossed in the pile with the other hundred unassuming main character saves talking animals movies with a plethora of celebrity voices, but around this time last year I also wrote off How to Train Your Dragon, and like that movie there seems to be a lot of positivity in the early reviews, suggesting it isn't like all those other duds, so maybe I'll see it. Maybe.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The Adjustment Bureau looks so fucking bad. I cringe every time that retarded trailer starts.

overcast

Only movie I really want to see is Rango. I will wait for reviews/impressions for battle:la, paul, and take me home tonight. Really hoping paul is quality since I love pegg and frost, but doesn't look too good :\

If Adjustment Bureau can stay above 50% on RT, I might try my luck.

Battle for LA's a definite at this point. All my friends are crazy pumped for it, so I'll see it just to hang out with them. I love the trailers, but I'm having flashbacks to Terminator Salvation.

I'd like to see Rango, but I need to find someone to watch it with. I have a friend who I think would be down with seeing it.

Sucker Punch is... I don't know. Unlikely. I have two friends who are really psyched to see it, but I don't hang out with them all that much anymore. If they call me up, I'll go.

Paul I have a bad feeling about, but may get enticed into seeing.

The rest probably won't play here, or at least not for awhile. I'd like to see Win Win. I don't know what it is about Giamatti, but he's one of my favorite actors for some reason.

Takao

Banned
Another weekend of limited screenings for Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D, and another weekend where I can't enjoy silly time bending children's card games in 3D because I live in Canada.

Grimmy

Banned
CaptYamato said:
I think most of the movies in the OP will be playing in more than one place.

Yes, but how could the OP miss mentioning masterpieces like LE QUATTRO VOLTE and NOSTALGIA FOR THE LIGHT???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom