• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In September (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy

everyone should absolutely go see Tucker & Dale vs Evil, it's REALLY funny and plays excellently on generic horror movie expectations.

From those I havent seen I think I'll try Contagion. I'll probably end up watching Apollo 18 too, I dont know why, I just cant seem to avoid awful horror movies

I'm a year late but apparently Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame opens this weekend in the US so I'm probably going to check it out.

detective-dee-and-the-mystery-of-the-phantom-flame-movie-poster-2010-1010708352.jpg

harSon

Banned
Coxy said:
everyone should absolutely go see Tucker & Dale vs Evil, it's REALLY funny and plays excellently on generic horror movie expectations.

From those I havent seen I think I'll try Contagion. I'll probably end up watching Apollo 18 too, I dont know why, I just cant seem to avoid awful horror movies

Don't watch the trailer though, it literally ruins about 95% of the film's kills.

harSon said:
I'd like to see Craig rock male pattern baldness and still look sexy as fuck.

Yes. Why?

Just asking. That was a movie that kinda fell through the cracks until it was finally released on Blu-ray last month.

UrbanRats

Blader5489 said:
Really looking forward to 50/50, Drive, and Warrior. Will probably see Take Shelter, Contagion, and Moneyball at some point too.
Thank God, i was starting to feel alone there.

y2dvd

Looking forward to 50/50. Drive sounds interesting and Disney will most likely take my monies again with The Lion King 3D.

dubc35

These threads are awesome! Thanks for posting them.

I'd like to see Moneyball. It might end up a rental though.

I want to see 50/50 and Tucker & Dave vs. Evil for sure. Drive and Killer Elite are maybes.

I hadn't heard about Puncture, but I might see that as well.

Jhriad

50/50, Contagion, & Restless it is. I'll keep an eye on Drive but the premise doesn't have me too interested so far. I can wait to see how the word of mouth works out on it.

harSon said:
Don't watch the trailer though, it literally ruins about 95% of the film's kills.

Fuck shit cock. I just watched the trailer and mad hyped to see it but you're right, that's like...everything already ruined.

Should have read the whole thread first.

I really like Steve the Pirate.

Sucky month? Yeah right, never remembered a Sept this packed with what could be great movies... Much better month than the last few that's for sure

Oh all the goddamn Disney films to rerelease, they pick The Lion King?

I realize I go against the grain of popular opinion but I really, really hated that film.

In before hate over Machine Gun Preacher from harSo...

harSon said:
Drive and Contagion are the only ones I'd pay to see in theaters. The rest can wait till DVD, especially Machine Gun Preacher which can go die in a fire.

Welp, nevermind.

Edit: Also who in their right mind would be seen in public walking into that orgy movie?

overcast

Drive and 50/50 are two of my most anticipated movies of the year. Very excited for those. Also considering Contagion and Moneyball.

Robot 492

Banned
Moneyball
Contagion
50/50
Drive

Might also check out Warrior, Straw Dogs and Killer Elite... waiting for reviews on the last two. A friend of mine who saw Tucker & Dale said it was fucking hlarious, so I need to see that as well.

big ander

Moneyball, Margaret, Warrior, Take Shelter, 50/50, Drive are all what I'd want to see, but I'll need to figure out what I have time for. Have stuff from last month to catch up on still.

Already saw Tucker and Dale and it's pretty damn funny.

faridmon

UrbanRats said:
Really? I ALWAYS have to wait the homevideo realese, because 100% of the films get dubbed here.
I mean the Cinema window is terrible. We got The Next three days and True Grit in Janauray and Black Swan in Feberuary forexample where the Us market got them months before us.
Expendable. said:
hush! You guys get the best one.

http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/tinker-tailor-soldier-spy-movie-poster.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Hell Yeah, just saw the trailer for this today when I watched that Ape movie at Cinema. Looks bloody awesome.

Sigh, most of those movies are released in November here in France, fu ck this. And they say that they want to avoid piracy, hell movies shouldnt even be dubbed in the first place, this is so dumb.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy looks good but I don't think it will come close to topping the original.

But it's still nice to see that cast (though I still would have preferred Fassbender and Thewlis over Hardy and Strong...by far)

Just Drive for me. I'll rent stuff like Contagion and Moneyball.

big ander

faridmon said:
I really don't like it, but thats just me :/
You seem confused.

That trailer almost makes me feel bad for Swardson. Like, there's no way watching yourself be in a trailer or movie like that doesn't make you question your entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom