• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10-Minute Reggie interview-ABC.

relyt9

Lol, I can't believe he did an interview on ABC... I guess it's part of their whole "We want to make sure that everyone can play the game, young or old" campaign...

Roi

OPRAH.jpg

JB1981

Even though I'm not all too crazy about the Wii, Nintendo sure has all of its ducks in a row. Their message is very clear and so is their direction. Kutaragi and Co. should take some notes.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Well nice to see Reggie admitting they want to be first in marketshare.

Dante

Good interview, he really comes across well. I agree with a lot of what he said, cept Nintendo's stance on HD, I think they are really underestimating that aspect.

Crisis

Banned
What a crappily-set up interview. There's some guy right behind Reggie during the entire interview. You can see the sleeve of his shirt. What kind of shit is this?

JB1981

Crisis said:
What a crappily-set up interview. There's some guy right behind Reggie during the entire interview. You can see the sleeve of his shirt. What kind of shit is this?

I caught that too. Weird. They must've been in a very small room or something.

john tv

Crisis said:
That's Yamauchi.

neptunes

wow, that video was just creepy.

I don't know, but did reggie come off as a cult-leader to anyone else?
Xdrive05 said:
Reggie talks too slowly during these interviews. It makes it seem like he's trying to lure people.

Xdrive05

Overall it was okay. Could've went a lot better though.

Reggie talks too slowly during these interviews. It makes it seem like he doesn't know what to say.

Amir0x

Banned
neptunes said:

Hahaha.

He always vaguely seemed like a televangelist or something, but all in all he got his message across fairly nicely.

Vashu

neptunes said:

He excells in marketing, so he talks very slow and understanding. He doesn't want you to miss a thing, and is very clear about his message. At least it's a whole lot better than: OMG! BUY MY CONSOLE! CHECK IT! :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Smiles and Cries said:
this was as mainstream news as you can get

its internet only. its not like the 10min interview aired over the network.

It doesn't really hit the philosphy... still only going to end up making an impact to already-core gamers.

We watched it on YouTube for pete's sake. If everyone thinks YouTube is mass media, then :lol

Xdrive05

John Harker said:
its internet only. its not like the 10min interview aired over the network.

It doesn't really hit the philosphy... still only going to end up making an impact to already-core gamers.

We watched it on YouTube for pete's sake. If everyone thinks YouTube is mass media, then :lol

But are they doing anything other than this interview? It seems quick to paint their marketting strategy based off something on Youtube.

Also, it's not like they're going to launch ten million units or anything like that. There is such a horrible thing as demand being too great for supply. History holds a strong record of companies overhyping and suffering for it in the end. And Reggie should know this more than anyone, given his background.

Baker

Banned
I like Reggie and all, but I still want to kick his nut whenever he says HD isn't important.

And yeah, that interviewer should have just had the cue cards sitting on his lap.

Xdrive05

I like how the reporter got Reggie to say the Powerglove was a gimmick.

Now if he would have brought up the whole "connectivity" thing...

KINGMOKU

perplexcity said:
I like Reggie and all, but I still want to kick his nut whenever he says HD isn't important.

And yeah, that interviewer should have just had the cue cards sitting on his lap.
I understand your frustration, but he is right.

Next generation will be the perfect time to utilize it. Penetration is really low right now, just in the United States. Its probably even lower in Europe, and about the same in Japan if a little higher then the U.S. To them, they saw no benefit, and it makes sense from a buisness perspective.

----

Banned
I love the dorky guy conducting the interview and his description of the average gamer "on his way to a life of crime." Nintendo Wii will set that gamer on the right path and will clear up his acne too. :D

Xdrive05

moku said:

Next generation will be the perfect time to utilize it. Penetration is really low right now, just in the United States. Its probably even lower in Europe, and about the same in Japan if a little higher then the U.S. To them, they saw no benefit, and it makes sense from a buisness perspective.

Yeah, but going with that idea it looks like Nintendo would be capitalizing on this generation's HD adoption caused by the Xbox 360 and PS3. If those systems move a lot of HD sets, then Wii2 will surely be HD.

Kind of like how online console gaming wasn't important last gen according to Ninty, but all of a sudden Nintendo's on board this time around.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
moku said:

It's called future proofing. And not only that HDTVs are selling butt loads now.

KINGMOKU

Xdrive05 said:
Yeah, but going with that idea it looks like Nintendo would be capitalizing on this generation's HD adoption caused by the Xbox 360 and PS3. If those systems move a lot of HD sets, then Wii2 will surely be HD.

Kind of like how online console gaming wasn't important last gen according to Ninty, but all of a sudden Nintendo's on board this time around.
Yup. They will let Microsoft/Sony introduce it first.

Online really started to take off at the end of last-gen, not at the start though. Now all three(Microsoft pioneered it obviously) seem to have a well thought-out and functioning online aspect.(Save for Nintendo, at launch, again )

Endgegner

Was this a normal news show? This totally sounded like blown up advert for Nintendo. The interviewer asks just questions where Nintendo is looking good and overall they sound like the Big N gave them to ABC to set up an interview.

AniHawk

Endgegner said:
Was this a normal news show? This totally sounded like blown up advert for Nintendo. The interviewer asks just questions where Nintendo is looking good and overall they sound like the Big N gave them to ABC to set up an interview.

Sounds like ABC to me.

Reggie looks like one of those of those pedos you see on Dateline:

"You brought a Wii, Mike's Lemonade and Mario Bubble Bath Soap. What were you thinking!?"

Top Bottom