• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Movies to See in July (What are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plissken

Will be seeing Public Enemies, Harry Potter, and maybe Funny People, nothing else interests me this month. Unless a local theater decides to play Hurt Locker, been wanting to see that too.

JaCy

I'll definitely be seeing Harry Potter,Bruno and Public Enemies. A maybe for Funny People, I'm not sure about it yet.

Gagaman

20uzec1.gif

HYPER COMBO FINISH.

Everdred

I liked PS: I love you :(

Anyway, only Funny People for me. I'll rent a few of them when they come out though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Saw a free screening of 500 Days of Summer last night.

It was FANTASTIC. A lot funnier than I thought it would be in between the serious parts, and the transitions were very well done imo.

Saw Public Enemies last night. Glad I put it high on the list, but I'm afraid Funny People has a great chance of being better.

y2dvd

Monroeski said:
Saw a free screening of 500 Days of Summer last night.

It was FANTASTIC. A lot funnier than I thought it would be in between the serious parts, and the transitions were very well done imo.

Pretty much agrees with everything. Zooey is just too cute and I loved the last line. :lol

Solo

Crappy looking July, but then again the summer overall hasnt been stellar. 2010 forward should be much better though. This is the last summer schedule being drastically effected by the WGA strike.

karasu

500 Days of Summer for me.

I'll catch Public Enemies on Blu-Ray someday. I'm tired of Christian Bale's face right now.

I like to say that Beverly Hills Chihuahua peed on the Walt Disney's face and G-Force just went all out and skull-fucked his dead corpse.

paparazzo

Not particularly interested in anything coming this month and probably the summer for that matter, but I'll probably see Harry Potter with my dad, though the books are waaaaaay better.

Also, Transformers 2 was good. Screw the haters.

Link Man

Banned
It seems Disney is ripping themselves off now, as G-Force is almost a copy-paste Rescue Rangers movie.

As for Harry Potter, well, I just watched Yates' "Order of the Pheonix" last night, after having watched PoA and GoF the nights before. Yates' film was much more well done. So yeah, I'm really excited for Half-Blood Prince.

(I'd almost go so far as to say that the OotP film was better than the book.)

Miguel

Does Moon count for this list? It technically released in June, but it's not getting anywhere near a wide release until July 10th. 44 theatres after tomorrow (July 3rd) only 21 currently, and only 8 before last friday (June 26th)

I'm pretty pumped up to see it.

Saw Public Enemies last night, I loved the digital video, shootouts were amazing, I wasn't sure what I didn't like about Bale's accent at the beginning of the movie, but by the end it seemed to fit. I'll have to watch it again to see if it changes or if I just got used to it.

Transformers 2 (IMAX) tonight (Yeah I said it)

Moon Friday evening.

3 movies I was looking forward to the most, all come out in a 10 day period, so I put off Transformers 2 and decided to sandwich it in between the other two releases.

LaneDS

Is Thirst getting any kind of limited U.S. release? Because I am definitely interested in going if so.

Good list though, minus the Transformers hate (terrible movie that I ended up enjoying a lot).

LaneDS said:
Is Thirst getting any kind of limited U.S. release? Because I am definitely interested in going if so.

Good list though, minus the Transformers hate (terrible movie that I ended up enjoying a lot).

Yep! Late July it will become limited with a possible wider release. We just got an interview with Chan-wook Park!!! It's going to be awesome. :D

Also I don't condone piracy AT ALL, but a move on my list In The Loop has made itself available and it deserves the support since it is getting an insanely small release even though it has gotten incredible reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/in_the_loop/ If you enjoy it spread the word and hopefully people will check it out!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
y2dvd said:
Pretty much agrees with everything. Zooey is just too cute and I loved the last line. :lol
Zooey's last line, or the last line of the movie? I don't remember Zooey's, I do remember the last line of the movie though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DanielPlainview said:
Also I don't condone piracy AT ALL, but a move on my list In The Loop has made itself available and it deserves the support since it is getting an insanely small release even though it has gotten incredible reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/in_the_loop/ If you enjoy it spread the word and hopefully people will check it out!
What the fuck is this bullshit? "I don't condone piracy, blah blah blah, but go download it now!"

Meier

Someone should make a new topic about In The Loop. Saw it last night and it was BRILLIANT! I can't believe The Thick of It isn't available on DVD here... very bizarre. I'm not sure if I'd rather have seen it before the movie or not. The familiarity would have been cool but it's definitely not necessary. I think it might have been my favorite movie of the year thus far.

stupei

Have seen Harry Potter and 500 Days of Summer thus far but most exciting of all is I'm heading out to hopefully catch Thirst in about an hour. Song Kang-ho is my favorite Korean actor by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom