• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100 things Gaf has learnt from the movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
10. All Native Americans are gentle souls and speak in broken and cryptic English, that somehow relates to animals or nature.

m3k

-x.Red.x- said:
62: If you're surrounded by enemies, they will take turns in order to attack you.

:lol this kills me in movies

Alucard said:
10. All Native Americans are gentle souls and speak in broken and cryptic English, that somehow relates to animals or nature.

:lol

:(

hollywood is fucked

Cuu

5. Always expect a random explosion.

originally,If something boring is happening - expect something/someone to blow up.

BONUS

rockybig1.jpg

"Ain't nothing's over till it's over!"

Ashes

Banned
Some of these are hard to reference. If one isn't referenced, and needs to be, please feel free to point it out.
edit: we got zero in as well. Zero is a number. How could I have forgotten? Post credits ftw.
m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I like the idea of a bonus section.

BONUS: If you're a henchman and are wearing sunglasses in an action movie, you're probably going to die...quickly.

dejay

Banned
-14 When a pedestrian is chased by a car, they will always run directly away from the car down the road and not to the side. They will, however, manage to outrun it for quite a few drama filled seconds, despite the the car being half a second away in the previous shot.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Ferga said:
-15 If your a dick head, you'll probably die first

-16 If your a dickhead you will get laid first and get all the girls, but the weak kinda guy with no balls will pull the dickheads main girl in the end.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
did i miss it or did no one say "what's best in life..."? for shame.

-18 What is best in life is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

John Dunbar said:
did i miss it or did no one say "what's best in life..."? for shame.

-18 What is best in life is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

It was referenced sideways above.

JGS

Banned
You always leave the gun but take the cannoli.

Take the blue pill

Obscure but true- In Latin Jehovah starts with an "I"

Always take the shot. You will almost certainly make it (This works for guns or sports)

MisterHero

00:01. Whereas deactivating bombs used to stop on 00:01, movies nowadays let the bomb go and an even greater plot device fixes everything.

Furret

Banned
If you see someone walking away from an explosion and they don't even bother to turn round to look at it - despite it being really close - they planted it.

JGS

Banned
Railing/poles/wall corners are always wide enough to deflect bullets.

Drywall is impervious to bullets

When someone tells you to put the gun down or they'll kill you, by all means do so.

True love can be found in quick time with an absolute stranger you would normally hate.

I don't know what the fuck this number is and I'm not going to count 'cause Imma' beast: Let me also say that a live action film based on an anime DONE HERE IN AMERICA will probably fail. I'm not trying to be an elitist or anything, but look at Dragonball. Then again I'm sure a live action version of Dragonball can never look out to be great.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Probably too late to make it into the list but still :

In case of a zombie apocalypse, ALWAYS trust the black dude.

[Romero movies]

Alucrid

Banned
No matter how tall a building is you should always run in a straight line away from where it's falling. Not to the sides despite that being a considerably shorter distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom