• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13y/o convinces parents to buy him GTA V using Power Point

Trup1aya

I would applaud his effort, then tell him "Nope."

When my kids start earning their own money and want to buy an M-rated game fine, but until then my money my rules.

Like, they have their whole lives to be subjected to horrible bullshit on their own, no need for me to hasten their loss of innocence. They're only kids for so long.

Sounds like he would obtain the money on his own. He just sought permission to buy it.

Faenix1

I would applaud his effort, then tell him "Nope."

When my kids start earning their own money and want to buy an M-rated game fine, but until then my money my rules.

Like, they have their whole lives to be subjected to horrible bullshit on their own, no need for me to hasten their loss of innocence. They're only kids for so long.

Says he'll have the money by friday.

Well, the quality of the slides is fluctuating heavily. He certainly did not create this on his own.

And the parents certainly did not do the right thing. At all.

I gotta be completely honest if my kid bothered to put this presentation, this much effort into convincing me, and I already knew his level of maturity to violence/sex from watching certain R rated movies with him and gauging how he reacts, and possibly see how he does in school, I'd consider it and probably get it for him

My parents got me the games when I was a kid without ever thinking twice about it and I warned them beforehand they were for 18+. I was also like 13 when they got me the GTA collection for the original xbox.

The result was that I played the games and nothing happened to my mental health.

Beepos

In Aus before we had the 18+ rating, most games were MA15+ (GTA etc) and not censored, so at 13 no one bat an eyelid if you bought it yourself.

OraleeWey

I completely skiped my parents and a friend of mine let me have his copy of GTA III when I was younger. I played it and turned out fine.

This is exactly something I'd ask my kids to do if they were underage and wanted to play a mature game. I would've liked him to talk more about the content and his thoughts on it but hey...he took the initiative. As long as he follows through with what he proposes, I more comfortable with him playing than some 25 year old foul mouthed idiot.

Top Bottom