• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 years ago, Golden Sun: The Lost Age was released

sinonobu

Banned
Today I found this one on reddit. Can't tell I'm convinced, but at least it's something to share regarding future sequel (if there will be any): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyKQEuAonkw

PZXQfKB.png

Anyway, the fact is, Camelot have currently no titles in official development. And as much as I know that after mediocre success of Dark Dawn it's really just a wishful thinking, I'd like to see the story finished. That cliffhanger was awful.

I know this is fake but I really want this to be real....

Man Golden Sun really deserves 2nd chance. Camelot cannot waste their talents making mediocre Mario Sports games...

Makes me wonder if they would ever port/remaster/HD-version either GS 1/2/DD and put them on the virtual store. I would buy them.

People tried HDifying Dark Dawn in that HD DS game thread, where an emulator was used to HD up some assets.

It was one of the worst looking games. really did look quite poor, for example

A game that scales well, this is not. I'd be down for a updated version, but it'd be significant work, I'd assume.

boromi

Neo Member
People tried HDifying Dark Dawn in that HD DS game thread, where an emulator was used to HD up some assets.

It was one of the worst looking games that really did look quite poor.

Omg, this really does look poor :D I think the problem was Camelot trying too hard to fit the original chibi style of GS sprites. Because when compared with combat graphics, the exploration part is just mediocre.

Lately I grabbed 'I am Setsuna' for the Switch, and I just can't help but imagine what Camelot could achieve with the Switch. Maaan.

Dremorak

Banned
I really loved the story in these games, the idea that you are doing the same quest in 2, but now most of your party has changed their mind about whether or not the lighthouses will destroy the world or save it. And also the idea at the end of it all that
they were all right. The world was saved by being destroyed and reborn

boromi

Neo Member
Well, I remember Solar Soothsayer from 10 years ago. Still can't believe that people (including me) fell for the edited art from the 2nd game.

Didn't the Lunar Soothsayer fake (or whatever it was called) generate a considerable amount of noise for a GS3 which helped the series get another entry? This new fake may do the same

If they go for a 2D game, I'm really hoping they return to the look of the first 2 games. I didn't like the graphical approach for the DS game at all

Top Bottom