• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 games launching on Nintendo Switch this week in North America

ZugZug123

Any early impressions on Golf Story? I want a game like the GBA Mario Golf, hoping this is it.

Edit: oops just saw Golf Story OT, sounds promising 😊

Dominator

- One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition
- FIFA 18
- Arcade Archives Mario Bros.
- Picross S
- Golf Story

- Tower of Babel
- Sparkle 2
- Earth Atlantis
- Deemo
- Conga Master Party!
- Pankapu
- Inversus Deluxe
- Butcher
- Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch Story: COMBAT
- Binaries
- Astro Bears Party
- Physical Contact: Picture Place
In for these.

I have a feeling I'm going to be addicted to Golf Story.

Absolutely in for Picross S as soon as Nintendo will let me buy it tonight. I’ll probably end up buying Deemo too, even if only to support rhythm games on the platform. VOEZ was surprisingly decent on Switch, too.

But seriously, I’ve been begging for Picross on Switch since I got mine at launch. Thank you Jupiter.

Slermy

I liked Inversus on PS4, I might double dip here.

Didn't realize Deemo was a mobile game, it seems to be well liked? Anyone played it there?

rjc571

Banned
Binaries looks pretty cool. Did anyone play it on Steam?

EDIT: Looks like it suffers from the 50 fps Unity glitch, meaning I'm not likely to buy it

Andyliini

With skyrim, Mario, and xenoblade, doom, and wolfenstien releasing, I think we can can skip releases for all of 2018 and still be fine

Edit: forgot la noire, definitely going to sleep through 2018

I can't, as at least Yoshi is releasing in 2018, and I'm not skipping that. Hopefully not right after new year, as December and at least early January are dedicated to Xenoblade.

BTA

Is Deemo still largely reliant on DLC or is this an all songs version like Voez?

I got a physical Vita copy but haven't played much. Knowing I payed extra for physical ($10, but the game's $15 to begin with) and only realizing after that it wasn't the full game like Voez was... partially on me, but also really annoying to realize since they also advertised the song count badly.

Going with the quantity approach huh

I'll be busy with Cuphead but if Golf Story is good I'll pick that up eventually. Never heard of the rest.... (well FIFA but lol @ soccer without cars)

RIP all the games that were released last week and are now on the bottom of the eShop page.

Bottom? They won't be on the page, period. You'll have to search for them.

Heck, I'm not sure the front page will be able to display everything releasing this week.

Nintendo needs to redo the Switch eShop and they need to do it three months ago.

Being a Switch owner lately

JnEEZXV.gif

Being a Switch owner lately

JnEEZXV.gif

I wont say it's as much as that funny gif, but the problem with the Switch (my problem) is it has games that are too hard to put down, while I continue to buy new games. My purchase of NBA 2K18 on the switch is hard to turn off, doe to the awesomeness of a real portable sports game. I was the guy that would buy Madden on the PSP, but lets be honest, it was never a true port of the console versions. NBA is a true port. Sorry to go off track there.

Switch has too many games that are hard to put down. And games just keep releasing, despite me still playing Splatoon 2 regularly.

Lingitiz

With an actual Fire Emblem coming, plus maybe Pokémon / Animal Crossing / Smash Bros, to me 2018 is looking good.

Couldn't care less about Wolfenstein, Skyrim, Doom. I can get better versions elsewhere.

Having portable versions of those is huge value to me, even with a PC and both other consoles. I mostly only have time to play games in handheld these days.

With an actual Fire Emblem coming, plus maybe Pokémon / Animal Crossing / Smash Bros, to me 2018 is looking good.

Couldn't care less about Wolfenstein, Skyrim, Doom. I can get better versions elsewhere.

Are they working on a fire emblem game? Not the warrior one but like a classic one?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
More games are awesome but for the love of the old gods and the new, can we get folders in the main ui? Its a hot mess when selecting games to play.

nick_b

I'm in for Golf Story and Picross this week. Haven't really seen anything from the other games. Then Stardew next followed by Odyssey.

Hoping to finish up Steamworld 2 tonight. Maybe progress some more in MHXX. Still on chapter 2 of Mario+Rabbids.

Meanwhile on Vita I'm playing Danganronpa 1 and Undertale. 3ds I'm on MH:Stories demo and the Ace Attorney Trilogy. And finally on PC I'm working through Divinity:OS1.

I'm fucked.

Thores

Getting Golf Story day one, and I have my eyes on Picross and Mario Bros Arcade.

This is a lot in one week. Nintendo's eShop MO is usually to spread their content out so there's at least a couple of notable releases per week, so I wonder if them not doing that means that October is similarly packed with games.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Lol a lot of those releases are pretty bad or small though. I’m not knocking the Switch, but still.

With Oddysey coming out next month though... drool.

I own Mario kart, Disgaea, Rabbids, and zelda as my retail titles.

For my "small" titles, I own Fast RMX, kamiko, shovel knight, Isaac, steamworld dig, has been heroes, I am Setsuna, and blaster master zero.

Before the end of the year, I'll be adding the following titles for certain:

Hollow knight, Golf Story, Fire Emblem Warriors, Picross, Stardew Valley, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2

And possibly (probably) others.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.nintendo.com/games/coming-soon

1. Golf Story
2. Burning Fight (ACA Neo Geo)
3. Astro Bears Party
4. Binaries
5. Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch Story:COMBAT
6. Butcher
7. Conga Master Party
8. Deemo
9. Inversus
10. Pankaku
11. Picross
12. Physical Contract Picture Palace
13. Sparkle 2
14. Tower of Babel

Oh and this doesn't even count the fact that FIFA and One Piece launch on Friday.

Majine

Banned
They seriously need to take a long hard look at the eshop design, and how it is not suited for game avalanches like these.

Also, next week will see the eShop release of Axiom Verge and Oxenfree

Stardew Valley is dropping any week now as well

Switch killing it

I'm buying all three of those!

The software already available on Switch is absolutely insane and will keep getting more insane until early December. It has to be the largest and most varied first 9 months of software ever for a console. What a fucking turnaround after WiiU.

VanWinkle

Haha yeah I turned on my Switch eShop a few minutes ago and was like, "uhh where did all these games come from?"

They seriously need to take a long hard look at the eshop design, and how it is not suited for game avalanches like these.

Oh yeah, Switch eShop is terrible.

Listonosh

I bought Deemo so fast my credit card didn't even see what hit it. FINALLY! I wanted Deemo on here so bad, and with all songs included!!

Top Bottom