• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1995-1997 born Gaffers, wtf are we generation wise

LOL.

Reminds me of people born in '86 posting on FB about being an "80s child" and always waxing nostalgic about the 80s.

"Like if you remember jamming out to 'Summer of '69'!" -JohnDoe1989

EDIT: Actually, probably a better example for this topic would be:
"Upvote if you still totally live the lyrics of '1985'!" -SusieQ2000

I feel like there's a divide between the "kind of a Millennial maybe" peeps we're talking about and Gen Z. I think if you asked the former, we'd associate our childhoods more with the end of the '90s and early '00s instead of the late '00s that Gen Z do.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Milennials - cool rad leftists/marxists

iGenners - libertarians/alt-right dorks

Genwunners - people that can’t get over nostalgia for Red/Blue

Being born in 1997 in a third world country, I have witnessed many " delayed " cultural aspects because they would be available after their original peak.
I have played Atari and the second generation of video games A LOT as well as the third generation before buying a PlayStation in the early 2000's.
Same thing applies to anime, cartoon, and film ( when they were widely dependant on television airtime rather than online presence)

kirblar

Being born in 1997 in a third world country, I have witnessed many " delayed " cultural aspects because they would be available after their original peak.
I have played Atari and the second generation of video games A LOT as well as the third generation before buying a PlayStation in the early 2000's.
Same thing applies to anime, cartoon, and film ( when they were widely dependant on television airtime rather than online presence)
Yeah, these sortings are always conditioned on being US-specific.

NimbusD

Sorry you have to wait for one of the hundreds of books written by sociologists trying to make a name for themselves finally sticks and coins a term for you to lump you into a group that doesn't actually define you.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Most places consider:

1980-1996: Millennial
1997- 2013 or so: Generation Z

It depends which year you were born in.

Mind, some end Millennial at 1997 or 1995, others will start Millennial as early as 1977 or as late as 1982, but 1980-1996 is the most common.

ayup

the country where you grow up and the linked cultural divide change a lot of things

Millenials are like 81-99 right? You'd just be the tail end of the generation.

1982-2000.

The reasoning is those born in 1982 turned 18 in 2000 (became adults) and those born in 2000 were born in 2000. Thus, those born in 2001 and on are post-Millennials. In america, those children could be seen as the 9/11 generation as they will never (or may never) live in a word without added security and restrictions. Also, sort of nuts to me, but I realized that those children born in 2000 are currently seniors in High School and will themselves be legally adults next year. So, that means in 2019, the first of the post-Millennials will become legal adults. Time's a scary thing.

okdakor

95-97 ? Your first console was a 360 or a PS3... we should just call you Next-genners.
But you could have a Wii, Wiilllennials is better for your generation.

I'm born in 93 and yeah I grew up with the old stuff. Black and white gameboy and dial up internet. I feel old when I tell younger cousins how great it was when handheld games were finally in colour.

Sawneeks

Banned
at this point I'm willing to be classified as both and neither for being born in '95

that means I can accept the love and hate for both generations!

I don't get how a 6 yr old can remember 9/11
I was born in 97, and remember watching it live on TV. They interrupted whatever was plying on TV for the live feed,(I'm talking, in Spain) and my mom freaked out, and we had the plumber working in the kitchen and he came to the living room and everyone was in awe. It was a bit scary.

And, I always thought I was a millenial. Are you people saying I'm not? My life has been a lie...

I'm born in 93 and yeah I grew up with the old stuff. Black and white gameboy and dial up internet. I feel old when I tell younger cousins how great it was when handheld games were finally in colour.

The Game Gear was out before you were born.
So was the TurboExpress and the Nomad.
And the GBC game out when you were 5.

I give up.

dankir

Man if you were born in the 90's think of all the amazing rap and hiphop you youngins weren't allowed to listen to.

80s kid here! We da best!

That generation Z thread got me sweating

My ass used AOL

I remember 9/11 vividly

I scrounged the internet pre-youtube

I used gamefaqs for the actual FAQs

Fuck this shit

Wtf... this isn't even possible considering when you said you were born (unless you were doing all this when you were an infant)

This thread is full of lies.

As an 80s baby, I fully accuse you of trying to lay claim to my youth.

CrazyDude

I was born in 97, and remember watching it live on TV. They interrupted whatever was plying on TV for the live feed,(I'm talking, in Spain) and my mom freaked out, and we had the plumber working in the kitchen and he came to the living room and everyone was in awe. It was a bit scary.

And, I always thought I was a millenial. Are you people saying I'm not? My life has been a lie...

Get off our lawn you whippersnapper.

Top Bottom