• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 4.4 (Halo 3, Red Steel multi, Yoshi's Island DS, Gears of War, Zelda TP)

adg1034

Fuck yes. Gears is awesome, YI: DS looks quite awesome, Halo 3 sounds awesome, and Zelda... sweet Zelda... Too bad they really didn't have any new footage beyond the opening village.

Nameless

Red Steel is an abominaton. I don't care if its a Wii title or a PS2 title, nothing that crappy shouldn't be released in 2006.. The "Killer mode" concept his bad ass, but the game it self looks so broken that it won't even matter.

DSN2K

GhaleonEB said:
great, it took an hour to download and the zip file is corrupted.

*starts download again*

did you use any download program ? mine just finished and wasn't corrupt, was using DTA for Firefox.

Dahbomb

Foil said:
Halo 3 - So far sounds like it'll be really damn good. Not a surprise.
Red Steel - Multiplayer looks horrible imo, crappy framerate, aiming and moving looks blah.
Gears of War - Appears to be the real deal. Day one purchase.
Zelda - Zelda. Enough said, must buy.

Good show.
Pretty much my entire opinion of the show. Red Steel looked like ass the rest of the AAA games featured delivered on what was promised. I almost shat myself at 70 hours of Zelda. :lol

GreekWolf

Awesome show... best one yet.

Halo 3 roundtable was fun. Obviously we weren't gonna see any actual game footage, but you could tell that Luke, Mark and Dan had a hell of a time at Bungie. Appreciated the fact that they defended the alpha state of the game from negative nellies, and talked about what a great experience they had just playing what was available. That, to me, bodes VERY well as to what the finished product will be like.

Red Steel mutiplayer looks like poop on a stick. Sorry, mates... not buying. I got the impression that the guys really wanted to crucify the sad thing, but were cautiously reserved in their comments.

Yoshi DS actually looked like a lot of fun, and I commend Shane for sticking to his guns. I mean, it's not his fault if you're a complete loser and don't have the skills and patience to slug your way through a challenging stage. In the 80's we would've torn that shit up in a weekend.

Gears looked amazing, as always. It's encouraging to hear from Luke that the stop-and-pop gameplay seems to be exactly as CliffyB described it. Also great to know that there's a large variation in environments throughout the game. I can't wait to take down my first Corpser. Next week, bitches!

As for Zelda, that had to have been one of the best previews I've ever seen. Music is phenomenal... animation is phenomenal... graphics are borderline jaw-dropping, considering the type of hardware pumping them out. Nintendo absolutely did the right thing with the numerous delays because, from all indications, it appears that they have delivered the greatest game in the entire series. Perhaps even the greatest game in their long and storied history. I can't wait... and neither can you :D

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I didn't knew that Gears of War was so awesome. btw, did they announced the Zelda GC version release date yet?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just finished the show streaming - I dunno how you guys have connection problems, but it was silky smooth for me - and I'm in Europe (hugs fast connection)...

Nice bits of Halo 3 "water-cooler talk" inbetween the show - pre-alpha, and it's already that fun - excellent!!!

Gears looks and moves simply amazing... and from the guys' impressions, it delivers... it ****ing delivers...

Not like anybody's review of the game was going to stop me based on what I've seen and what I've read from everyday gamers, but just hearing these guys talk about it like that just adds to the totally positive reactions worldwide for this game...

I'm not getting a Wii, and I probably won't be touching my Cube again, but Zelda sounds nice...

Red Steel... oi...

It looks and moves like an N64 game... it's games like these that convinced me a long time ago that the Wii just isn't for me at all... the killer thing is cool, but that's it...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Menaged said:
Well, IMO, it sucks :\
I don't want to spend 70 hours on a game. I'd love it to be 20-30 hours :(

:lol :lol :lol People complain about EVERYTHING.

fallout

Nameless said:
The "Killer mode" concept his bad ass, but the game it self looks so broken that it won't even matter.
Yeah, I thought that was actually pretty cool. Unfortunately, I have zero interest in the game. Hopefully someone steels (hehe) the idea and uses it elsewhere.

Amir0x said:
how spoiler-ish is the Zelda:TP segment? I don't want to watch and cry cry :(
It's pretty spoiler-ish. For pre-release stuff, it's like a ... 8/10 on the level of what could be spoiled I think (though that's an exponential scale).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Amir0x said:

I watched it and let's just say it reveals a bit more than I wanted it to (story-wise). Still the preview is goddamn awesome, especially when they're talking about the size of Hyrule field and dungeons. Some journo's asked if some early dungeon was the actual 'first' dungeon of the game, since you were solving puzzles and opening chests, but it was just still intro. Amazing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Amir0x said:

I'd recommend not watching it. I know I shouldn't have. :/

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
Not that bad, kinda predictable. Explains who and why the dark cloaked person is in the Twilight realm.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Menaged said:
Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but I can't see myself playing for 70 hours. thats... a lot of time :|

Wells theres two ways you can tackle a game of that size

1) Binge on the game for a week :)D lol)

2) or tackle it in chunks, an hour or two a day. Should be able to beat it within the month

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
70 hour game, gah

I'm pretty much forced to wait till next month to play this

Actually 70 hours is what Nintendo is saying, right? Divide by 2...35 hours is more realistic

DSN2K

gears looks exceptional, people moaning about the length of Zelda.... LOL if your iffy about it simply play it over a period of a few months, why do you have to complete games within the first week of purchase ?

Red Steel Multiplayer looked poor, frame rate was terrible, visuals werent great either maybe its fun I dont know. :\

mikeGFG

Banned
You call those spoilers? laffle.

Anyway, Gears looks. ****ing. insane. It's downright silly how good this game looks and how seemingly well it handles.

Easy_G

The spoilers ruin the story bits that you would learn in the first 30 minutes of the game. And they only ruin them vaguely, no real detail.

Also, sign me up for the "70 hours is too long" club. I just don't have that kind of time. I replayed Wind Waker in the spring at took me probably a good month to do. Now this game is going to be twice as long. I'm not sure I can remain interested no matter how great the game is. And does 9 dungeons for 70 hours seem like that means there's a LOT of extra filler? I don't want to be spending hours just doing side things between dungeons. Occasionally, yeah, it's good to get away from a dungeon, but hopefully it's not too much.

So, from my absolutely useless point of view since I basically know nothing about the game, those are my complaints.

Don't worry though, I still have it as my only preordered game and the only one I'll have for Wii for months. I'm definitely gonna enjoy. Just some nagging worries.

DSN2K

Gears just reconfirms my liking for 3rd person View, watching your Character roam around the environments is a joy to watch.

Love those weapon reload animations! :D

Duderz

Banned
Amir0x said:
well well, that's unfortunate. Good to hear things are shaping up nicely (any new footage at least?)

Not particularly. They basically splice up the the trailer already released with Bill Trinen talking about the game / story, answering questions, and playing.

So, you're really not missing much. But, what little I did have spoiled for me definitely makes me want the game all the more.

Mashing

****ing A 70 hours? That makes me ****ing hard. SEriously, that's longer than FFXII (which is about a 50 hour game?) Zelda longer than a Final Fantasy? That's unheard of.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
well well, that's unfortunate. Good to hear things are shaping up nicely (any new footage at least?)
Dude, I think everyone is overreacting, I think you can watch it.
I'll watch it again, and edit this post to confirm

Edit - Yeah the biggest thing I think is they simply explain why Hyrule is tooken over by twilight.

Zweisy1

Well, I knew that Yohi's Island 2 wouldnt match the brilliant SNES original but it looks like Artoon did quite a good job with it anyway.

Can't wait for Gears and Zelda..

Mifune

Mehmber
Jeez, Zelda looked AMAZING on that HDTV in the background there. Like well beyond anything we've seen from the Cube. Question is...will the Cube version actually look that good as well?

Gears looks good, too.

I love the talk of man cannon skeet shooting in Halo 3.

Best 1Up show yet? Quite possibly.

Top Bottom